• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hull City Owners Wants To Re-Name Club

Re: Spurs v Hull City (twice) - City Till I Die - No to Hull Tigers campaign song

[tweet]423098102778564608[/tweet]

Now there's a bluff quite a few would love to call.

Re: Spurs v Hull City (twice) - City Till I Die - No to Hull Tigers campaign song

Was thinking about this and thought I'd bump this thread given out game on Saturday.

Isn't one route for Hull fans to look at what's happened to Spurs and try and get the club to agree to go forward with both names?

What I mean is this: We are Tottenham Hotspur. But our nickname, Spurs, is also commonly used as a title for the club. You see it from time to time in league tables or hear it referred to by news readers in a bulletin, without using our "full name". Everton are never called "The Toffees" in a news piece without being referred to as Everton elsewhere in the same article.

The only other club I can think of is Wolves. So I reckon one way forward may be for Hull City fans to insist no addition to the formal name, but to get on board a drive to have the club referred to as "the Tigers".

I think their official nickname is already 'the Tigers', isn't it? That's what I remember reading on wiki a while ago, anyway.

It is. I just think the fans should get on board to pushing it more, if the club agree to keep the formal name as Hull City.

It's not hard. Get some marketing bods involved and basically have Tigers on everything, including the club shirt.

They were talking about this on the Guardian podcast a few weeks back and someone said that Hull's owner has the hump with the local council and he is doing this to get back at them. Strange.

Let the fans decide. If they feel Hull City is something they value enough to keep then they should have their voice heard.

I know if we were to be rebranded as 'London FC' or even simply 'Spurs FC' as a full title I'd be against it.

I've said it before, Triggers broom analogy.

If you change the name is it the same club?
If you then change the kit is it the same club?
If you also change the logo is it the same club?
If you also move to a different area is it the same club?

Fans decide their clubs identity, not owners.

Hull City have threatened to increase the prices of season tickets by 50% next season if The FA decides to block the requested name change from Hull City AFC to Hull Tigers.

Ehab Allam, who is the son of Essam Allam, says that the club will increase prices if they don’t get their way because they have shirt sponsorship deals for next season that are contingent on the name change being passed. The club has at least two global sponsorship deals for brands to advertise on the club shirts. But if the Allams don’t get their way, they say the sponsors will walk.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/02/20/hull-city-owner-considers-50-increase-in-season-ticket-prices-if-fa-say-no-to-tigers-name-daily-soccer-report/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EPLTalk+%28World+Soccer+Talk%29

Hull City have threatened to increase the prices of season tickets by 50% next season if The FA decides to block the requested name change from Hull City AFC to Hull Tigers.

Ehab Allam, who is the son of Essam Allam, says that the club will increase prices if they don’t get their way because they have shirt sponsorship deals for next season that are contingent on the name change being passed. The club has at least two global sponsorship deals for brands to advertise on the club shirts. But if the Allams don’t get their way, they say the sponsors will walk.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/02/20/hull-city-owner-considers-50-increase-in-season-ticket-prices-if-fa-say-no-to-tigers-name-daily-soccer-report/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EPLTalk+%28World+Soccer+Talk%29

Could they not just re-brand to Hull City Tigers. That way the Tigers section becomes part of the official name and satisfies the Sponsors. But they keep the City part to stay a bit historic and true to their fans?

Could they not just re-brand to Hull City Tigers. That way the Tigers section becomes part of the official name and satisfies the Sponsors. But they keep the City part to stay a bit historic and true to their fans?

According to someone on Football Weekly (I can't remember who) it is all about a spat that he's had with the council and he is trying to force through the name change to spite them.

Who are these sponsors who want to put money into a renamed Hull Tigers, but will walk away if they stay Hull City? Unless it's Frosties or Tiger Beer it makes no sense hat all. Sounds like the Chairman is talking bull.

They're not giving up. Today a new badge was launched, much to the dismay of the fans:

new-crest-shield-4-3116-1650705_478x359.jpg

This is the old one:

hull-city-logo.jpg

To be fair it's rebranding in a similar way a host of clubs have been doing. Dumbing the image down slightly, I think it's to do with copyright

To be fair it's rebranding in a similar way a host of clubs have been doing. Dumbing the image down slightly, I think it's to do with copyright

It is. You cannot enforce copyright if a symbol/logo is frequently copied. When we, Arsenal and countless others, redesigned out badge it was with an eye on rigorously enforcing the intellectual property protection on it.

It is. You cannot enforce copyright if a symbol/logo is frequently copied. When we, Arsenal and countless others, redesigned out badge it was with an eye on rigorously enforcing the intellectual property protection on it.
Hence the badger at the top.

how much we making off image rights from that by the way?
Well, the posters have sold 0 copies, the t-shirts 0, the badges 0. I'm a techie, not a marketing man.

I've still got 250 'Ban Count' badges hanging around somewhere.

And I think the badger image is probably copyrighted anyway!

Back