• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hull City Owners Wants To Re-Name Club

Re: Spurs v Hull City (twice) - City Till I Die - No to Hull Tigers campaign song

OP - out of curiosity, how low long has tigers been on the badge? And what do you think about it?

We got our nickname "The Tigers" in 1905. We've had a variety of badges since, most with Tigers heads on but some without. I like our nickname. Why would we give up being "The Tigers" to become one Tiger among many?

We have a Sunday best name, Hull City AFC. I know outside Hull we are generally called Hull but most supporters refer to us as City because of Hull FC a local rugby league team. Very few refer to us as The Tigers in day to day conversation. Most of our songs refer to City and not The Tigers. City is an important part of our identity which he wants to take away.

We haven't written a new song because we want to emphasis we part of a continuing tradition. The name Hull City is the thread that links the community of City supporters past, present and future. A bit like the different generations that sing City Till I Die.

spitshine, Mauled by the Kitties has a certain attraction but no, I wouldn't like to be renamed Hull Kitty.

Thanks for the support.

Re: Spurs v Hull City (twice) - City Till I Die - No to Hull Tigers campaign song

How about a rendition of What's New *****cat??

P-ssy gets swear filtered too?

We got our nickname "The Tigers" in 1905. We've had a variety of badges since, most with Tigers heads on but some without. I like our nickname. Why would we give up being "The Tigers" to become one Tiger among many?

We have a Sunday best name, Hull City AFC. I know outside Hull we are generally called Hull but most supporters refer to us as City because of Hull FC a local rugby league team. Very few refer to us as The Tigers in day to day conversation. Most of our songs refer to City and not The Tigers. City is an important part of our identity which he wants to take away.

We haven't written a new song because we want to emphasis we part of a continuing tradition. The name Hull City is the thread that links the community of City supporters past, present and future. A bit like the different generations that sing City Till I Die.

spitshine, Mauled by the Kitties has a certain attraction but no, I wouldn't like to be renamed Hull Kitty.
nk f the support.
Looking at your badge since 1998, it basically says Hull City Tigers on it, so it seems you have embraced the Tigers mAarketing for 15years.

If the name change was to Hull City Tigers, I don't think you can complain (unless you have beeb since 98 of course.)

But Yeah, I agree you need to keep City

Hull has got such a drab reputation, I think you guys would do well to rebrand and get as far away from the Hull City moniker as possible.

Hull Tigers sounds way better to me.

Mind you I would have liked us to become London Hotspurs and move to the Olympic Stadium so that our international brand and reputation ballooned in Asia before it is too late.

It would be fantastic to s*it on the Goons and Cheats with a massive stadium near to the City, still called Hotspurs (known as Spurs) but called London so every Asian and African fan knows us by name.

Let them drift into obscurity as bit part teams like West Ham and Leyton Orient, whilst we take the marketing push from the whole of London.

Hull has got such a drab reputation, I think you guys would do well to rebrand and get as far away from the Hull City moniker as possible.

Mind you I would have liked us to become London Hotspurs and move to the Olympic Stadium so that our international brand and reputation ballooned in Asia before it is too late.

It would be fantastic to s*it on the Goons and Cheats with a massive stadium near to the City, still called Hotspurs (known as Spurs) but called London so every Asian and African fan knows us by name.

Let them drift into obscurity as bit part teams like West Ham and Leyton Orient, whilst we take the marketing push from the whole of London.

[-X

I feel sick

the problem with City (and United) is that the Manchester club(s) have pretty much owned the name, unless you are in spitting distance of another City's stadium or you support that club its generally assumed that City means Emirates Marketing Project

i'm guessing Bullet may have been being a bit facetious but what he's proposing is probably the way football is going to be sooner or later

the problem with City (and United) is that the Manchester club(s) have pretty much owned the name, unless you are in spitting distance of another City's stadium or you support that club its generally assumed that City means Emirates Marketing Project

i'm guessing Bullet may have been being a bit facetious but what he's proposing is probably the way football is going to be sooner or later

i agree with that, especially Man U.
not so sure about City - i think if you rewind 7 years, people would still have said Emirates Marketing Project, whereas if anyone says Utd, you know who that is.

but other clubs do have to work to make themselves stand out. West Ham Utd are quite a good example of that, they are the Hammers, most people probably forget they even have West Ham in their name.

With Hull, im not sure many would assoicate the Tigers with them or the City - they are Hull. Thats it.

Heard the away fans really well on Norwegian telly at 19.04. Although that was about it from them! ;)

Hull-City-008.jpg

^ They definitely should have gone for matching tiger stripes on the shorts and socks ;)

Back