• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Goalkeepers are generally undervalued - even the very best only go for £15-20m (remember we signed Lloris for £10m). We won't be getting Bale, or even Modric, size offers for him
Relative to keeper value - we'd extract a top class fee should we opt to sell - mostly likely in the early 40s. Keep in mind what we managed for Bale who was essentially valued probably half of that. Transfer is also relative to what the player is worth to the selling club - hence some of Daniel's 'master strokes' recently

Relative to keeper value - we'd extract a top class fee should we opt to sell - mostly likely in the early 40s. Keep in mind what we managed for Bale who was essentially valued probably half of that. Transfer is also relative to what the player is worth to the selling club - hence some of Daniel's 'master strokes' recently

No way £40m!

Only 5 GKs ever have been sold for more than £10m, and only 1 more than £19m

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goalkeeper_(association_football)#Highest_fees

I agree with GB that his distribution is average at best.

That said, it's naive to think that Real wouldn't want to sign him for that reason alone. He's arguably the third best keeper in the world after Neuer and Courtois. Our only hope is Real might go after De Gea instead.
I don't think Lloris' distribution is anything great either, but I certainly don't see Barca's or Real's goalkeepers being streets ahead in that aspect - not that Ive paid any specific attention to that area but Im sure Id notice if they had outstanding distribution. I don't think he'll end up at Real, but Im sure there are a fair few teams who could tempt him - just a question if such teams really need him because he wont be cheap....

yeah, but none of them were sold by Levy, thats a 10m premium in itself, also transfer fee's are increasing with the media income, he won't be the most expensive keeper ever as he'll go after De Gea but he's certainly going to be Buffon money

yeah, but none of them were sold by Levy, thats a 10m premium in itself, also transfer fee's are increasing with the media income, he won't be the most expensive keeper ever as he'll go after De Gea but he's certainly going to be Buffon money

Why would he be more expensive than what we paid for him (£8m apparently)? His profile is the same (he was France's GK and rated top 5 in the world) and he's not improved substantially (not that there's ever been much room to do so). He's also 28 now, rather than 25.

I honestly don't think we'd be able to get more than £15m for him due to the unique GK market.

GK cost half the value compared to outfield players, and CF cost twice. That's just what the market is.

But who will be willing to pay that much for him? Unless you truly believe that Lloris is the best goalkeeper that will be available to buy by a significant distance why will anyone go out of their way to pay that much for him?

I'm guessing Cech will probably be available for not much more than £10m for example? What will tempt someone into paying Buffon money for Lloris when other keepers at a similar level will be available significantly cheaper.

over 40 mill quid???????????? :)

we will be very very very lucky to get 20 mill pounds

But who will be willing to pay that much for him? Unless you truly believe that Lloris is the best goalkeeper that will be available to buy by a significant distance why will anyone go out of their way to pay that much for him?

I'm guessing Cech will probably be available for not much more than £10m for example? What will tempt someone into paying Buffon money for Lloris when other keepers at a similar level will be available significantly cheaper.

Why would he be more expensive than what we paid for him (£8m apparently)? His profile is the same (he was France's GK and rated top 5 in the world) and he's not improved substantially (not that there's ever been much room to do so). He's also 28 now, rather than 25.

I honestly don't think we'd be able to get more than £15m for him due to the unique GK market.

GK cost half the value compared to outfield players, and CF cost twice. That's just what the market is.

I guess I rate him higher than you guys, I think he is genuinely one of the best around and not far behind Neuer and De Gea, he'll go to Madrid, United or PSG and will be priced accordingly

I'm in two minds on this. Whilst his age may be a mitigating factor, I honestly think it won't affect the price we would get for him. With the money coming in from the new TV deals etc, I could quite easily see Lloris and De Gea being sold for amounts that eclipse the current norm. That's if we are looking at selling (which I bloody well hope we are not) and if he goes to another BPL club.

Actually the PL raises his profile and cost, no offense to France, but any player that is in the top 3 in their position in the PL is generally far more expensive that equivalent in France. 28 as GK is actually better than 25 .. he still has minimum 4-6 years at top of game.

He is on a 6 year contract with Levy, and we want to keep him, there is zero chance of him going for anything close to a reasonable fee, it's going to have to be close to record fee for GK.

I don't see why it wouldn't be a record for a goalie, Bale was but he's not the best ever. 28 years old for a goalie is equivalent to 24 for an outfield player in terms of playing years left. Plus as mentioned, you've got the Levy/PL factor.

Meanwhile, Pochettino insists it is Hugo Lloris' ambition to play Champions League football with Tottenham after he was linked with a move away.

It has been suggested that the Frenchman would consider his future this summer if the club fail to finish in the top-four, a scenario which looks virtually certain.

But Pochettino added: 'There's been no change from six months ago when we spoke about the rumour. Hugo wants to play the Champions League here for Tottenham and these rumours are nothing true. He is happy here and wants to reach the Champions League with Tottenham that is his dream.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...despite-season-break-stars.html#ixzz3Y8tTmaR9
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'd love Hugo to stay, but I couldn't blame him for seeking a move for CL football. It's unlikely we'll be able to break into the top 4 until the stadiums built, we might get lucky one season, but I imagine us continuing to finish 5/6th for the next 3 or 4 years at best. If we do sell him I'd imagine Levy will look for £25-30m.

Last edited:
Good point, hadn't considered that.

I still think if the source of this is someone close to Hugo (like his agent) and actually communicating Hugo's wishes it's still a pretty vague "I might want to leave" statement and not a "get me out of here" type thing.

I don't think that's naive. In terms of style of play some of the top teams require ball playing ability from all their players to truly make it work.

I don't think he's the third best goalkeeper in the world, or at least I don't think he sets himself aside from the rest of the group of goalkeepers that claim also could be argued in favour of.

Well, I guess we will see in the summer whether Real view his distribution as a priority or a big factor.

Where would you rank him them? Top 10? Top 5?

Back