• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Let me be the first to say to Hugo - you are a footballing GHod! Not since the legendary Pat Jennings have we been fortunate to witness a goalkeeper of his calibre. We are truly, truly blessing to have him as our keeper and our skipper.

I guess that has now been put nicely to bed. I do not recollect a more amazing save than his superhuman effort to get across goal and literally fly into the top left hand corner to stop Young's goal bound effort. As breathtaking as the most well struck wonder goal

It was nice to see Lloris saving long range shots against ManU. Even his kicks are improving now. It shows he is doing his homework to improve his weaknesses.

B6ihhXvIUAAFw_I.jpg:large

I can imagine a time where we will cash in on Loris but at the same time I think the timing for this particular piece and the price is all speculation.

It all falls apart by using the term 'cashing in'. Why on earth would we want to do that? Need to be at least 10-15 million more for that to become interesting.

And so it begins.
The ramping up of going for our best.
I think he will stay for one more season if it's PSG who 'claim' to be the suitors, as I believe he would only leave us for s side where he is guaranteed trophies i.e. Madrid, Bayern or Barca.
We shall see. But I'm betting one more season, especially if we win a trophy.

As I've been told numerous times on here by posters levy only 'cashes in' on players when their contracts are running out and he hence has his hands tied apparently he makes players stay if that's not the case so we've got absolutely nothing to worry about.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="da"><p>Tottenham have strongly denied reports that Hugo Lloris is available for transfer</p>&mdash; Greg Stobart (@gstobart) <a href="https://twitter.com/gstobart/status/552056361341947906">5. januar 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="da"><p>Spokesman &quot;There is no substance to the Sun's story - it's mischief making.We have talented players so we have to expect this sort of thing&quot;</p>&mdash; Greg Stobart (@gstobart) <a href="https://twitter.com/gstobart/status/552056430422151168">5. januar 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems about right Denmark.

What I think we must remember is that regardless of if there's interest from other clubs, a willingness from Spurs to sell, a wish for Hugo to leave what will be there are these news reports and speculations. Particularly when coming from a source like The Sun the presence of that news report actually adds no information into the system.

I love the 'mischief making' comment from the club.

I think it's no coincidence this has come immediately after we've upset one of the Sky 4 and people are noticing that we're on the rise again.

As for Lloris, he's explicitly said he won't go back to the French league until just before retirement. I agree with Steff that Barca, Madrid and maybe Bayern would be the only possible clubs he'd leave us for.

I've read before that his wife and family absolutely love living in London. Remember it's the 6th biggest French city (by population) now.

As I've been told numerous times on here by posters levy only 'cashes in' on players when their contracts are running out and he hence has his hands tied apparently he makes players stay if that's not the case so we've got absolutely nothing to worry about.

Modric?
Bale?

I think it's no coincidence this has come immediately after we've upset one of the Sky 4 and people are noticing that we're on the rise again.

As for Lloris, he's explicitly said he won't go back to the French league until just before retirement. I agree with Steff that Barca, Madrid and maybe Bayern would be the only possible clubs he'd leave us for.

I've read before that his wife and family absolutely love living in London. Remember it's the 6th biggest French city (by population) now.

Yep, waiting for the Eriksen/Kane ones next.

If Levy was to "cash in" on Lloris, it would be nothing less than a world record GK fee, 35M+

It has nothing to do with the Chelsea game or the Sun wanting to destabilise us.

Good players and players that are in good form have transfer stories written about them because they sell papers and drive traffic to their websites. That is their only motivation.

It has nothing to do with the Chelsea game or the Sun wanting to destabilise us.

Good players and players that are in good form have transfer stories written about them because they sell papers and drive traffic to their websites. That is their only motivation.

Not a conspiracy theory person, but I can recall more than 1 game with Manure/Chel53a where one of our players was in form, and the day or two before, paper rumours surface about maybe them being up for sale ..

While I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories of that level, it IS that easy for someone who doesn't like Tottenham to put some crap with negative spin in papers that millions read.

Not a conspiracy theory person, but I can recall more than 1 game with Manure/Chel53a where one of our players was in form, and the day or two before, paper rumours surface about maybe them being up for sale ..
You always get stories in papers linking transfers between clubs that are about to play each other. Again it is just to sell papers/generate traffic.

I think the story is made up by one of Harry's mates just to unsettle players and club, because they can. So in summery it is a hairy bags with 2 balls in.

While I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories of that level, it IS that easy for someone who doesn't like Tottenham to put some crap with negative spin in papers that millions read.
We get a lot of it because we are one of the biggest five or six clubs in the country. We've got a big international following and stories about us will generate a lot of traffic/sell papers. It is just click bait.

Back