• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

the timing of these ricks kill us, do it in games when we have a 2/3 goal lead and its a different conversation

this is what he did during the last days of Poch

It's a really good point here in a wider term too.
Even the best keepers (maybe except Buffon) make silly mistakes - it's the numbers game of being a GK. But there is something weird about the law of attraction, when it's bad, more bad comes.
Alison and Ederson have made howlers in decision making this season, but rarely do they lead to a goal, so they go on the "got away with it" stat. Unfortunately Hugo is now regularly on the Danny Baker Football Gaffs VHS stat.

Love the guy. One of the best GKs in the history of the club.
Everyone has an end point. His is now. I think he's smart enough to know it too.

Even the best keepers (maybe except Buffon) make silly mistakes - it's the numbers game of being a GK. But there is something weird about the law of attraction, when it's bad, more bad comes.
Alison and Ederson have made howlers in decision making this season, but rarely do they lead to a goal, so they go on the "got away with it" stat. Unfortunately Hugo is now regularly on the Danny Baker Football Gaffs VHS stat.

Everyone has an end point. His is now. I think he's smart enough to know it too.
I wouldn't be too sure about that. It would take high emotional intelligence and integrity for him to watch his howlers and decide to hang up his gloves and not make a few more million quid before opening a wine bar with Giroud.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. It would take high emotional intelligence and integrity for him to watch his howlers and decide to hang up his gloves and not make a few more million quid before opening a wine bar with Giroud.
I meant his end with us, rather than full stop.
He does seem very aware, so will have to decide what he does going forward.

He's always made more mistakes than the very best, elite goalkeepers. And they have at times been costly. He always managed to shake them off and be back at his best almost instantly. That no longer seems the case.

He may have been somewhat unlucky with the consequences, but mostly imo he's just making more of them. It's not like every mistake gets punished now.

On the bigger picture. He made up for those mistakes and for being average on the ball by being a truly elite shot stopper. He no longer is. Those mistakes and his weaknesses on the ball are really difficult to live with, but we could when he routinely made saves most goalkeepers wouldn't.

Right now he's a really poor fit. Never been a great fit to the system, and he isn't now either. Not good enough on the ball. Frequent mistakes that seem to get amplified. Average shot stopper.

That all adds up to him being a bit of a liability. I'm still holding on to hope that he finds it in him to at least be dependable for the rest of the season, weed out the mistakes. But he's showing little signs of it. For most goalkeepers when the downwards spiral starts combined with age related decline it's not a pretty picture and it only goes in the one direction.

Is he keeps playing like this I think it's a blow to our top four chances that will be extremely difficult to overcome.

I'm not convinced Forster would be better. Finding better in the transfer market should be easy. Finding the right goalkeeper in the transfer market that can be a longer term really good solution is notoriously difficult, and is probably what we need to do in the next 6 months. If we could do it now that would be really good.

Hugo is now a keeper that is saving less than the average and is already at record levels for goal contributing mistakes
4 in 18 league games. That averaged out over a season is 8 fudging goals because he is playing way behind his capability’s now
He actually looks to me like he needs new contact lenses as he always seems to be squinting
no team can sacrifice 8 key goals that give teams head starts, especially not a team with a problem for going behind every game anyway

I've defended him to the hilt on here but I think yesterday was it for me with Hugo. Unforgivable. He did make three good saves (albeit he caused one of the chances himself) but you just can't make the mistakes he's making. Don't think Forster is the answer but I've now put a GK on the wishlist behind 2 decent WBs, a CB or 2 and AM.

Christ, we really need a lot.

I've defended him to the hilt on here but I think yesterday was it for me with Hugo. Unforgivable. He did make three good saves (albeit he caused one of the chances himself) but you just can't make the mistakes he's making. Don't think Forster is the answer but I've now put a GK on the wishlist behind 2 decent WBs, a CB or 2 and AM.

Christ, we really need a lot.
GK might just be my number one priority. The new keeper might bail us out in situations Lloris cannot anymore. He'd hopefully have good feet so won't put us in danger whenever he has the ball and needs to pass and he might actually help our build up play as the quality of the first pass will be significantly better. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

a new keeper will also instil confidence in the defence. Cos it can't be easy having his as your keeper and captain right now.

Time to replace him now. I’m not convinced we would be worse off with Forster in goal. Has to be a priority for the next transfer window. Bringing someone in this month could even swing top 4 for us.

He's a goalkeeper out of time from a difference era. When hoofing it long was all that was expected from a keeper.

Reminds me of when we still had Defoe at the club during in the one striker upfront era. Defoe was a 90s striker who belonged in a front two.
He looked like a relic in a league with the likes of Drogba.

That's what Lloris is like the last 6 or 7 seasons. And that's not on him really. The football world moved on and passed him by.
Luckily for him, International football lags behind tactically and France play the most defensive football around.

But the fact that he is still at the club was a symptom of where the club is at. Tottenham play the worst looking football of any of the big teams in the Premier League for the last 5 years.

We have two week to get someone a keeper in temporarily until the end of the season.

Been saying for a couple of seasons we really should have been working on getting a replacement in for the time he can take over. Lloris has been the 3rd best keeper i have seen in our shirt but the mistakes are becoming more often now.

GK might just be my number one priority. The new keeper might bail us out in situations Lloris cannot anymore. He'd hopefully have good feet so won't put us in danger whenever he has the ball and needs to pass and he might actually help our build up play as the quality of the first pass will be significantly better. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
It’s massive
City changed their game with their keeper
Pools did too
Arsenal…
Saudi Sportswashing Machine …
Their defences improved with a new keeper who just didn’t make the fudge up the previous one did

He's a goalkeeper out of time from a difference era. When hoofing it long was all that was expected from a keeper.

Reminds me of when we still had Defoe at the club during in the one striker upfront era. Defoe was a 90s striker who belonged in a front two.
He looked like a relic in a league with the likes of Drogba.

That's what Lloris is like the last 6 or 7 seasons. And that's not on him really. The football world moved on and passed him by.
Luckily for him, International football lags behind tactically and France play the most defensive football around.

But the fact that he is still at the club was a symptom of where the club is at. Tottenham play the worst looking football of any of the big teams in the Premier League for the last 5 years.

We have two week to get someone a keeper in temporarily until the end of the season.

dunno about that, he's never been able to hoof it long, he can't kick a ball properly

Been saying for a couple of seasons we really should have been working on getting a replacement in for the time he can take over.

Not the ENIC way.

Instead, wait until it’s a crisis; make ridiculously low offers for a couple of options that you really want; once those are rejected and your approach has tinkled off the selling club, wait until the evening of transfer deadline day to get your 5th or 6th option on a loan deal; cross fingers and hope it works out.

Not the ENIC way.

Instead, wait until it’s a crisis; make ridiculously low offers for a couple of options that you really want; once those are rejected and your approach has tinkled off the selling club, wait until the evening of transfer deadline day to get your 5th or 6th option on a loan deal; cross fingers and hope it works out.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;);)

Back