• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Bringing in Forster in the summer instead of a keeper who could've potentially be considered a long term replacement for Lloris is unfortunately looking a bit negligent now isn't it?

How many teams have a top quality keeper sitting on the bench as back up? Even City don't have a top quality keeper on the bench, they have two average keepers coming to the end of their career. It's the same with just about every team. The only team that do have one is Liverpool with Kelleher and he wants to go out on loan at the very least to get game time.
In general top keepers of any age don't want to waste their time as a reserve. It's not like other positions were they will get game time to help development.

How many teams have a top quality keeper sitting on the bench as back up? Even City don't have a top quality keeper on the bench, they have two average keepers coming to the end of their career. It's the same with just about every team. The only team that do have one is Liverpool with Kelleher and he wants to go out on loan at the very least to get game time.
In general top keepers of any age don't want to waste their time as a reserve. It's not like other positions were they will get game time to help development.
Arsenal have a very good back up keeper
He is bell end but a very good keeper IMO

united don’t have bad back up either

Arsenal have a very good back up keeper
He is bell end but a very good keeper IMO

united don’t have bad back up either
United? I take it you mean Henderson? He's being trying to get a move as he isn't happy being a reserve keeper and is constantly out on loan.

Arsenal don't have a very good back up keeper, he's only ever played in the US and if he was very good he would've been picked up by a European team before now.

Bringing in Forster in the summer instead of a keeper who could've potentially be considered a long term replacement for Lloris is unfortunately looking a bit negligent now isn't it?

For sure we should’ve brought in a keeper last summer to challenge/replace Hugo there and then. It not like his decline hasn’t been flagged for a while. We’re not great at moving quickly when players need to be shifted out especially ones who have served the club well. Loyalty maybe.

For sure we should’ve brought in a keeper last summer to challenge/replace Hugo there and then. It not like his decline hasn’t been flagged for a while. We’re not great at moving quickly when players need to be shifted out especially ones who have served the club well. Loyalty maybe.
Totally agree that Lloris should've been changed and not just last summer, it should've been a couple of seasons ago. There's no place in football for loyalty. If Hugo was happy on the bench and maybe getting involved in coaching then maybe keep him, otherwise it was time for him to move on.

United? I take it you mean Henderson? He's being trying to get a move as he isn't happy being a reserve keeper and is constantly out on loan.

Arsenal don't have a very good back up keeper, he's only ever played in the US and if he was very good he would've been picked up by a European team before now.
No
Heaton

I think Turner is a quality back up
Proven at international level too

No
Heaton

I think Turner is a quality back up
Proven at international level too
Heaton is 36, he's not a replacement for De Gea, I'd say he is adequate as a back up, no more.

Turner, I haven't seen a lot of him so can't really comment too much, he seemed average from the little I have seen.

Heaton is 36, he's not a replacement for De Gea, I'd say he is adequate as a back up, no more.

Turner, I haven't seen a lot of him so can't really comment too much, he seemed average from the little I have seen.
turner is as good as most keepers in the division and better than Kelleher from what I’ve seen
I’d need to see more of both but they could both be first choice without issues

Henderson is on loan, is a good keeper, would be worth a punt. De Gea is out of contract soon, so he may see that as his oppp.

Reserve keepers at our peers:
Man Utd: Heaton, Turner, Henderson (on loan)
Liverpool: Kelleher, Adrian
Emirates Marketing Project: Ortega, Carson
Arsenal: Turner, Hein
Chelsea: Mendy, Bettenelli
Saudi Sportswashing Machine: Darlow, Dúbravka, Karius

I'd say that we don't compare too favourably (as well as comparing VERY unfavourably when it comes to the first choice keeper).

I'd say that we don't compare too favourably (as well as comparing VERY unfavourably when it comes to the first choice keeper).
Darlow was one that I thought would step up
Never really been given the chance

None of them besides Kelleher (if he sticks around) is going to be a long term replacement for the first choice keeper at their club.
Saying that, I'd take any of them over Lloris.

None of them besides Kelleher (if he sticks around) is going to be a long term replacement for the first choice keeper at their club.
Saying that, I'd take any of them over Lloris.
Henderson will probably be. Mendy was signed to be exactly that for Kepa. So that's actually 3 out of 6.

turner is as good as most keepers in the division and better than Kelleher from what I’ve seen
I’d need to see more of both but they could both be first choice without issues
I'd have Kelleher any day, he'll be a top class keeper and is what 4-5 years younger than Turner?

Henderson will probably be. Mendy was signed to be exactly that for Kepa. So that's actually 3 out of 6.
Mendy a long term replacement? He's older than Kepa. He is a good keeper and either could start in fairness.
Henderson depends on if De Gea signs a new contract this year, he's being trying to get our of Utd for a few years.
I doubt Kelleher will hang around long enough to replace Allison but again he's good enough to be starting at a premier league team.

Mendy a long term replacement? He's older than Kepa. He is a good keeper and either could start in fairness.
Henderson depends on if De Gea signs a new contract this year, he's being trying to get our of Utd for a few years.
I doubt Kelleher will hang around long enough to replace Allison but again he's good enough to be starting at a premier league team.
Mendy was still signed as the replacement for Kepa. I think they signed him at the 'right' age for a big team to sign a keeper (late twenties)
I was suggesting that we should sign Livakovic on here before the summer window of 2021, he could've spent a year playing his way into the team firstly in Cup games and then maybe some PL games as well depending on form before becoming our first choice keeper this season (if his performances warranted that). I think it would've been easier for a keeper like that to come in that way than come in as an immediate number 1 where the pressure will be much higher. I think we now may have to sign a keeper who is already number 1 for a PL team or number 1 for a reasonable sized CL level team as we won't have the luxury of easing them in gently.

Mendy was still signed as the replacement for Kepa. I think they signed him at the 'right' age for a big team to sign a keeper (late twenties)
I was suggesting that we should sign Livakovic on here before the summer window of 2021, he could've spent a year playing his way into the team firstly in Cup games and then maybe some PL games as well depending on form before becoming our first choice keeper this season (if his performances warranted that). I think it would've been easier for a keeper like that to come in that way than come in as an immediate number 1 where the pressure will be much higher. I think we now may have to sign a keeper who is already number 1 for a PL team or number 1 for a reasonable sized CL level team as we won't have the luxury of easing them in gently.
No one has moved for him yet which I’m amazed at after the WC he has had

Back