• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Same reason we don't have a true back up to Kane - poor squad management.
Very few teams have a good understudy. Reserve keepers tend to get very few games so won't stay with a team sitting on the bench.
The only team currently with a top quality reserve keeper (that I can think of) is Liverpool with Kelleher. He's now looking for at least a loan move.

Was initially very disappointed with the og but on reflection am not going to judge him too harshly. Looked bad, but in truth keepers rarely save a deflected shot from such close range. Zero time to adjust.

More disappointed with the second, given it was from way out. Should surely have got something on it, if only enough to deflect it onto the post and out for a corner. Maybe his confidence was affected by that first goal.

However he did also make a couple of important stops later on, so fair play.

Maybe he should walk away from spurs too, go while his stock is still high (but wavering)
why the hell do we not have an unstudy to step up?
I think we thought we'd get one more good season from him.
But he has hit that point now where error's are attracted or attributed to him too often to be high level in the world's best league.
We should prioritise a GK in Jan and allow Hugo to manage the transition with them for 6 months. Like Friedal did with Hugo.
Then Hugo can decide his next move in the summer. Wouldn't surprise me if was to stay as No.2 and start coaching. Like a semi retirement for a year or two.

Had the same ‘I’ve just brick the bed’ look on his face in the tunnel before the KO that he always has in big games. One of the reasons I’ve always felt he was a poor choice as captain.

He’s been a great keeper, but it’s going to be a long last few months here for him and for us.

Had the same ‘I’ve just brick the bed’ look on his face in the tunnel before the KO that he always has in big games. One of the reasons I’ve always felt he was a poor choice as captain.

He’s been a great keeper, but it’s going to be a long last few months here for him and for us.
He makes big mistakes
Ones that cost us the key goal
It’s a common theme and the team can’t bail him out

the timing of these ricks kill us, do it in games when we have a 2/3 goal lead and its a different conversation

this is what he did during the last days of Poch
Every major mistake he has made has a been a key goal
Today
Villa
Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Arsenal away
There are others that I can’t recollect

they are never the goal that doesn’t affect the game

Oh come on! His rickets are nothing to do with protection, just rank poor goalkeeping. The first today was indefensible, as was his mistake in the away game, along with the one v Villa…
People defend him because of how he is and how long he has been here
The issue is because he has been here so long people love him
I do TBF
But I want him gone now
Asap
His influence on the pitch is toxic for a fragile team
All the good sides have changed their keepers relatively recently except united who have only just started to turn the comer

I dont see much point discussing this. He's clearly past it and everyone can see that. Been a good player for us but needs replacing

In an ideal world we replace him in the next couple weeks but realistically its a clear high priority for the summer

Oh come on! His rickets are nothing to do with protection, just rank poor goalkeeping. The first today was indefensible, as was his mistake in the away game, along with the one v Villa…

It was a joke when it was said ‘I really want to defend him’…

Lloris was at one point one of the players that I rated most highly for us. But now we should thank him for his time at the club, give him a testimonial and then replace him. Ideally with someone like Raya or Sanchez who have Premier League experience.

Back