• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

in the Prem, Fergie never rotated his keepers in the past. Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Arse, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton etc dont rotate their keepers for Prem games

what fergie is doing right now is an absolute absolute exception

Hopefully AVB now sticks with Lloris as he is our future

My understanding has always been those 2 share the Cup and League games

Quick glance over their teamsheets since August more-or-less confirms that

vs Everton - De Gea
vs Fulham - De Gea
vs Southampton - Lindegaard
vs Wigan - Lindegaard
vs Galatasaray (CL) - De Gea
vs Liverpool - Lindegaard
vs Newcaste (COC) - De Gea
vs Sours - Lindegaard
vs Cluj (CL) - De Gea
vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine - De Gea

So after giving De Gea a few PL games at the beginning - it appears Lindegaard has become the esablished PL choice while the Spaniard is responsible for cup games - except for yesterday where he started against Saudi Sportswashing Machine

But even so - those are 2 young up-and-coming keepers fighting for establishement - whereas our situation is considerably different - i.e. one of transition

That is of course true, I was just responding to your statement that no Premiers clubs switch keepers between Premier League games by pointing out that Manchester United had done so this season.

I think people are falling for AVB's media comments.

I doubt we will see Brad back for PL games, Lloris is obviously the future, comes out for the ball and has better distribution. Far more likely Lloris will play the PL games and Brad will get Europa games, and CC/FA may see some rotation.

I really wish AVB would shut up about the situation if hes lying. WHich I hope he is. He's dropped Freidel, that should be that now. Friedel for all the cup games and Lloris for the league. Simple as that. No swapping every week. Terrible idea.

I really wish AVB would shut up about the situation if hes lying. WHich I hope he is. He's dropped Freidel, that should be that now. Friedel for all the cup games and Lloris for the league. Simple as that. No swapping every week. Terrible idea.

Most of the time its one quote twisted by various journalists. He'd get more brick if he didn't answer any questions on the matter, then they really would blow it out of proportion.

Sow what did everyone think of the distribution yesterday by Lloris, any better than Friedal?

Yes better, tried to get it out faster (which got him in trouble in one case), also hit his target up field when kicking. Our wide players are going to have to get accustomed to the fact that Lloris will find them and they need to do a better job with the flick on or control (number of times he found first man who either failed to control or flicked on to no one in particular).

That gooner twunt James Olley in the standard today; his whole write up on the game was about how disgraceful it was to bench Friedel. Its the first time i've seen that fat Knob do an article on any other team other than Arsenal.

Brad Friedel...

A0758.jpg

Hair today - gone tomorrow?

Last edited:
Yes better, tried to get it out faster (which got him in trouble in one case), also hit his target up field when kicking. Our wide players are going to have to get accustomed to the fact that Lloris will find them and they need to do a better job with the flick on or control (number of times he found first man who either failed to control or flicked on to no one in particular).

am i right in thinking that your attributing a significant amount of blame to the outfield players?

am i right in thinking that your attributing a significant amount of blame to the outfield players?

Not quite blame, for me it was Lloris -> Wide Player -> ?

Technically it's very difficult to control a ball that comes from that height/distance, what I think we missed was other players making themselves an outlet for a less than perfectly controlled pass/flick on.

Back