• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

still put us in trouble a couple of times with poor passes

I think we need to stop playing though him at the back, it’s an accident waiting to happen

He did hit one abysmal pass to Romero second half now you mention it. Knee high. Had my head in my hands. What he’s been asked to do with his feet is not that difficult or complex.

I think Robinson was a far better keeper than Brown, Brown played in an outstanding team and didn't have to save many games for us.

I used to have a video in which Terry Venables picked his all-time best THFC XI. He went for Ditchburn in goal, which surprised me. Perhaps Pat borrowed El Veg's kipper tie once and forgot to give it back.

Ditchburn was before my time. Had I known he was that good, I would've paid more visits to his sport shop in Romford (North Street, IIRC).

I used to have a video in which Terry Venables picked his all-time best THFC XI. He went for Ditchburn in goal, which surprised me. Perhaps Pat borrowed El Veg's kipper tie once and forgot to give it back.

Ditchburn was before my time. Had I known he was that good, I would've paid more visits to his sport shop in Romford (North Street, IIRC).

Ditchburn had been replaced by Ron Reynolds when I went, there was a rumour that Reynolds couldnt play in floodlit games which had only just started.

I had that, it was great.

Really need to look at a replacement for him. He pulls out the odd world class save but there's too much of a downside to him, too many howlers at big moments and his distribution is awful.

Really need to look at a replacement for him. He pulls out the odd world class save but there's too much of a downside to him, too many howlers at big moments and his distribution is awful.

Literally keeps us in every game, today was a glaring howler and that's on him but they are not as common as you or others make out. Worth more points a season still on crucial saves than any keeper in the league.

Literally keeps us in every game, today was a glaring howler and that's on him but they are not as common as you or others make out. Worth more points a season still on crucial saves than any keeper in the league.
He doesn't keep us in every game. Check the stats and you'll see that since Conte came in we've kept the opposition to lower quality chances than any other team.
As I said he pulls out the odd world class save, but the downside out weights that. In the modern game keepers need to be decent with their feet, he is shocking.
He plays us into trouble too often when we play out from the back. He's week on crosses as well.

Yeah, but he has a clanger in him and it comes out at the most inopportune times.

Don't get me wrong, we will miss him dearly when he goes - best keeper we've had at Spurs in my lifetime, although Gomes ran him close in the miraculous saves department.

But part of me will be glad when he goes because there's always the feeling that this sort of thing happens with him in the biggest games. This game, the game against City last season where he spilled it almost identically to Gundogan for 1-1..that, combined with his sub-par distribution, makes me think it might be best to part ways and find a more modern keeper who is more reliable in the biggest games, and can pass out with ease.

He is a keeper of his era, maybe the finest of his era - the era of the sweeper keeper. But now the paradigm for goalies has shifted to ball-playing keepers, and his slight unreliability + inability to play the ball well means he's a little outmoded.

Back