• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Still shocked we didn't seem to get rid of Gomes and left £40k per week rotting in the reserves. Very much goes against the Levy stereotype of wanting to save money anywhere he can.

Still shocked we didn't seem to get rid of Gomes and left £40k per week rotting in the reserves. Very much goes against the Levy stereotype of wanting to save money anywhere he can.

I think it's more to do with Lloris coming in so late, there wasn't time to move him on. He would command a fee and decent wages, leaving very few possible destinations.

I think it's more to do with Lloris coming in so late, there wasn't time to move him on. He would command a fee and decent wages, leaving very few possible destinations.

Maybe but get rid of Gomes regardless of Lloris coming in or not for a couple of million. You've still got Cudicini and Archer the young keeper. It's not like Friedels gonna miss any games anyway is it lol.

But surely the one who wont mind being third choice. Gomes HAS to go.

I'm not too sure choice really comes into it. I could see Carlo been shifted out to lower division club on a free, whereas we need a buyer for Gomes. And let's face it, Gomes stock is not high so there are not going to be too many interested parties. That's just my take on it mind and the opposite could well happen.

That annoyed me till we got Lloris in. If we can keep him at the club, he could be our goalkeeper for the next 10 years.
Was just thinking this, what an amazing prospect that is. 10 years ago Neil Sullivan was coming into the team

So what you're saying is that its okay for a sportsman to get the public hump about not walking into a starting eleven without actually having earnt it of the coach decides that he has to earn it?

I didn't say that its okay the player displays his annoyance in public , just that there would be some media furore about it.

where is your line if i may ask? as in your line of acceptance for players showing or proclaiming discontent to their coaches if the coach says something and the player doesnt do it

The rest of my post I thought clearly shows that thus far, I'm supporting AVB in his handling of our goalkeeper situation and Lloris has to accept the manager's decision.

Presume his injury issues this summer precluded any move.
Also depends which clubs were really interested in him

I think it was excellent management from AVB letting Friedel keep the spot and have some competition for it. That said, IMO Lloris is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, and is going to be the future for us and can't wait to see him playing tomorrow against probably the toughest opponent we've faced this season (Lazio).

I think it's a matter of time before Lloris earns the spot on his own. AVB has made the right decisions thus far though, and there's no reason we can't do what SAF did with De Gea and Lindegard, and rotate them for Premier League games until someone clearly earns the position.

Here is what AVB has said about Lloris. Sounds encouraging.

“The first two days after the international week were more like recovery days for him,” Villas-Boas said.

“From then on he was training more with Tony Parks to get used to his methods, which is very, very important. And obviously he mixed in with what we were doing on the pitch.

“The only thing we can say is that his talent is immense and easily visible from the time he has trained with us.”

Lol

From the AVBs Mouth said:
“The only thing we can say is that his talent is immense and easily visible from the time he has trained with us.”

And then

The Daily Star said:
"LLORIS OUT TO PROVE SPURS MANAGER AVB WRONG!!!1111"

I would hope he is out to prove AVB right, but heyho.

Fabien Barthez commented Lloris`situation at Tottenham "Nothing surprises me in the world of football today! Is it Hugo We are talking about here? I think he deserved the same host Ibrahimovic had on his arrival at Tottenham, said the world champion 98. He one of the five best goalkeepers in the world. Faster than Friedel, he jumps higher and he is very strong mentally. what happens now is incomprehensible, but I'm not worried. He will become the masterpiece of the club. Hugo is imperturbable, a big worker. Tottenham can not leave him on the bench for long. " We must now hope that these words reach the ears of André Villas-Boas

i never knew Lloris was so adored in France. Every man and his dog seems to be worried about lickle Hugo

Back