• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

He is their best player, and the one they prefer. We are on the main news every evening in France at the moment.

Can only be a good thing.

This whole "why isn't he playing?" hubbub will calm down sooner rather than later I think (as soon as he is first choice), everyone in France loving him is a sign of a quality player.

The longer we leave it, the more difficult it will be. I don't see how Lloris can naturally take Friedel's place during the season, it won't just all come together. If Lloris is to play then it will need AVB to be ruthless and drop Friedel as Friedel will never play himself out of a first team place as he's the definition of safe, he may not do anything spectacular but at the same time he'll rarely do anything wrong where dropping him is justified.

The longer we leave it, the more difficult it will be. I don't see how Lloris can naturally take Friedel's place during the season, it won't just all come together. If Lloris is to play then it will need AVB to be ruthless and drop Friedel as Friedel will never play himself out of a first team place as he's the definition of safe, he may not do anything spectacular but at the same time he'll rarely do anything wrong where dropping him is justified.

95% certain that AVB is planning to make Lloris first choice sooner rather than later even if Friedel keeps performing at his usual level.

i've not seen any team news for tonight so this might already be proved wrong, but i wouldn't be surprised if he starts tonight

He'll obviously start tonight, I just don't see when he's going to take over from Friedel in the league. Can see this dragging on until January with Friedel maybe leaving to preserve his streak.

He'll obviously start tonight, I just don't see when he's going to take over from Friedel in the league. Can see this dragging on until January with Friedel maybe leaving to preserve his streak.

AVB won't care much about Friedel's streak and he will easily be ruthless enough to drop Friedel despite him playing well.

Still cool towards AVB but one thing that might win me round is he's showing the courage to choose form over reputation (Defoe/Ade, Friedel/Lloris).

Respect.

Agree to disagree, I think AVB is high on principles and knows that dropping an in form player won't do him any favours with the rest of the squad or the press. That was to Braineclipse obviously.

Still cool towards AVB but one thing that might win me round is he's showing the courage to choose form over reputation (Defoe/Ade, Friedel/Lloris).

Respect.

Showed that at Chelsea as well.

When it comes to the Lloris/Friedel situation we'll just have to wait and see. AVB said something along the line of Lloris only having a couple of days with the goalkeeping coach and to me it seemed like he might be heading for a start in the PL soon once he gets a week or two of training with the team. Not sure it was form over reputation as much as just picking a player that was performing well over one who had just arrived. Also started Dembele, Vertonghen and Ade on the bench in their first games.

Agree to disagree, I think AVB is high on principles and knows that dropping an in form player won't do him any favours with the rest of the squad or the press. That was to Braineclipse obviously.

Out of curiosity (no problem to agree to disagree) what are you basing it on that he is high on principles and won't drop an in form player?

Also, wouldn't it be a bad sign to the rest of the squad if Lloris is great in training and EL matches, but not getting games in the PL?

Sorry for my rather unconventional way to agree to disagree :D

I'd be tempted to just leave Lloris in now. He loked like he was happy enough directing traffic, looked the part, is the future - just leave him to get on with it now.

Of course he has to play. Did you see how fast he comes out early in the game? Hes amazing at doing that. Hes always in the feets of the striker even before the striker has time to control.

Back