• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Let's be completely honest, despite any personal biases we may hold for either Lloris or Friedel, despite how good we think Friedel is, we are not going to spend 11 million on a keeper ( a lot of money for a goalkeeper), who is also the French captain, and keep him on the bench for the whole season.

He will be bedded in slowly (probably rightly so) and will be our first choice within one or two months. It isn't right to be rotating around the keepers and not have a clear number one, especially when our defence isn't rock solid.

It's incredible how this non-story about a conflict, which has been denied by all parties, still lives on. I was watching the game on Norwegian telly on Sunday, and even the Norwegian commentator was talking about how upset Lloris was about being benched.

It is extremely incompetent journalism to not even mention the fact that all people involved have stated how this is not a case. If your job is to be updated about the teams playing in the game you are commentating, it's staggering that he chooses to ignore that crucial - and not to mention updated (!) - bit of information.

It's like talking about Robin van Persie as he was still an Arsenal player.

That said, I think this will be Friedel's last season for us, and I think he is sensible enough to see that. He knows he's not the future, despite how well he has done for us, and I expect him to be professional about it when he's finally benched and Lloris takes over. I think it will happen before Christmas, personally.

i dont think friedel will be disappointed, he is still holding that consecutive-starts record. he'll still have a laugh about keeping france's captain and no.1 goalie on the bench, even if its for a few games.

It's incredible how this non-story about a conflict, which has been denied by all parties, still lives on. I was watching the game on Norwegian telly on Sunday, and even the Norwegian commentator was talking about how upset Lloris was about being benched.

It is extremely incompetent journalism to not even mention the fact that all people involved have stated how this is not a case. If your job is to be updated about the teams playing in the game you are commentating, it's staggering that he chooses to ignore that crucial - and not to mention updated (!) - bit of information.

It's like talking about Robin van Persie as he was still an Arsenal player.

That said, I think this will be Friedel's last season for us, and I think he is sensible enough to see that. He knows he's not the future, despite how well he has done for us, and I expect him to be professional about it when he's finally benched and Lloris takes over. I think it will happen before Christmas, personally.

I'd be shocked if Lloris isn't VERY tinkled off. He didn't really want to join us apparently (about time an agent worked in our favour) and then doesn't even make the first team? No amount of revisionist PR campaigning is going to alter the truth....nor is the public PR outpourings vs the off the record moaning to friends, journo's etc.

I'd be shocked if Lloris isn't VERY tinkled off. He didn't really want to join us apparently (about time an agent worked in our favour) and then doesn't even make the first team? No amount of revisionist PR campaigning is going to alter the truth....nor is the public PR outpourings vs the off the record moaning to friends, journo's etc.

What are you talking about?

:ross: :ross: :ross: :ross:

He said apparently, which gives him the get out clause to be able to talk brick before using the word.

It is absolutely ridiculous that somone would choose to take sides with the sensationalist media here, eventhough all parties have come out and denied in person this flimflam non-story.

Last edited:
It is absolutely ridiculous that somone would choose to take sides with the sensationalist media here, eventhough all parties have come out and denied in person this flimflam non-story.

There's absolutely no cure for stupidity though.

Has Hugo handed in a transfer request yet?

MK you do seem to view the world somewhat differently than most here, surely you can't believe his agent forced him to leave Lyon and join us? It had nothing to do with stepping up to better himself as a player in coming to the Premiership into a top 4 team based in London, new state of the art training facilities, new stadium on the way and with a new manager installed that outside of these shores is regarded as one of the best up and coming managers in Europe.

Nah, his Agent just wanted a payday.

he'd had, what, one training session since joining us before Sunday's game?

can hardly say that he hasn't made the first team. he's barely even been here 5 minutes.

Jeez... Shocked? Really? Well, if he's VERY tinkled off about not starting the first game in the club after two training sessions then good riddance.

he'd had, what, one training session since joining us before Sunday's game?

can hardly say that he hasn't made the first team. he's barely even been here 5 minutes.

He did make the first team, mate - he was amongst the 18-man squad and was on the bench

Last edited:

MK you do seem to view the world somewhat differently than most here, surely you can't believe his agent forced him to leave Lyon and join us? It had nothing to do with stepping up to better himself as a player in coming to the Premiership into a top 4 team based in London, new state of the art training facilities, new stadium on the way and with a new manager installed that outside of these shores is regarded as one of the best up and coming managers in Europe.

I seriously doubt it, but from Lloris's own mouth he admitted he would have preferred to go to a Champion's League team. And then Deschamps comes out with the brick he came out with, coupled with rumours that Lloris would rather have stayed put than move on. It is all rumours and I don't place much stock in rumours but I do place stock in what people actually publically say initially (I place less stock in retractions which are usually forced upon the person).

Lloris would have almost certainly been sold on coming to Spurs to be number one. I would imagine it is a shock for him to come in and find himself on the bench. He is an international goalkeeper, it's not as if he'd need any training with the team to be ready.

I think AVB will cave and make him number one, regardless of Friedel's form, but I do find the whole scenario somewhat bizarre. Maybe as someone else already stated he was an opportunistic purchase. My guess is that if Lloris has a great game against Lazio then he'll be inbetween the sticks against QPR too.

He was not over keen on coming to us, he took an age to decide, the worrying thing for me is that no one else was interested in him, why?

it doesn't matter how many games we take. lloris has signed. and he has the world cup round the corner so he needs to compete.
perils of a professional footballer.
since when are we concerned if the player is happy or not? theres a job to be done.
as long as they put on their best performance on the pitch and there's sell on value... think Levy!

if the deal for Lloris had been done in pre season there would be none of this rubbish going on now. Lloris would have been the number 1, Friedel would have had the chance to decide if he wanted to play back up or join another side.

but Lastminute Levy has created havoc once again. Friedel had a good start to the season, doesnt deserve to be dropped, Lloris has to wait his turn, if Friedel is relegated he has to wait till Jan if he wants a move, the French are upset, Lloris cant believe he has to wait until he is made number 1 at Spurs, AVB has to deal with the whole dilemma and has the press in the background waiting to pounce on every word he says to stir up more trouble for him

triffic

I seriously doubt it, but from Lloris's own mouth he admitted he would have preferred to go to a Champion's League team. And then Deschamps comes out with the brick he came out with, coupled with rumours that Lloris would rather have stayed put than move on. It is all rumours and I don't place much stock in rumours but I do place stock in what people actually publically say initially (I place less stock in retractions which are usually forced upon the person).

Lloris would have almost certainly been sold on coming to Spurs to be number one. I would imagine it is a shock for him to come in and find himself on the bench. He is an international goalkeeper, it's not as if he'd need any training with the team to be ready.

I think AVB will cave and make him number one, regardless of Friedel's form, but I do find the whole scenario somewhat bizarre. Maybe as someone else already stated he was an opportunistic purchase. My guess is that if Lloris has a great game against Lazio then he'll be inbetween the sticks against QPR too.

I don't believe it will be a case of caving in. The guys just arrived, let him acclimatise to the club and team and work on his requirements from a tactical standpoint then we'll see him starting within a few weeks.

Finally don't let the Media whip you up into a frenzy when I really doubt there is anything to see in the first place, especially at the moment when all they want to do is seemingly destabilise the team.

Last edited:
Back