• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

It's all about opinion at the end of the day. enyeama is one of the best shot stoppers in world football yet he's never spoke of. Mandanda was on par and arguably better then Lloris before we signed him too.

Ter Stegen is a better keeper too. I'd argue the same with Handanovic. Begovic too.

ter Stegen who has done next to nothing in his career and is currently sitting on the bench? Maybe he'll go on to be better than Lloris but there's very little to go on to say he's better right now, I also question just how much you've seen of him. As for Handanovic and Begovic, give any club in the world their pick of them or Lloris and I'm quite certain there's only one winner.

ter Stegen who has done next to nothing in his career and is currently sitting on the bench? Maybe he'll go on to be better than Lloris but there's very little to go on to say he's better right now, I also question just how much you've seen of him. As for Handanovic and Begovic, give any club in the world their pick of them or Lloris and I'm quite certain there's only one winner.

I watched Gladbach every week. He was the best goalkeeper in Germany last year, easily. But his name isn't Manual Neuer so he was never going to get that deserved number one spot at the time. He hasn't done anything at Barcelona because they don't want to put the pressure on him, they have a good experienced keeper in bravo and he's doing nothing to be dropped.

It seems to be only Spurs fans who really rate Lloris as one of the best I've noticed, then again we voted Walker our best right back so delusion isn't out of the ordinary.

I watched Gladbach every week. He was the best goalkeeper in Germany last year, easily. But his name isn't Manual Neuer so he was never going to get that deserved number one spot at the time. He hasn't done anything at Barcelona because they don't want to put the pressure on him, they have a good experienced keeper in bravo and he's doing nothing to be dropped.

It seems to be only Spurs fans who really rate Lloris as one of the best I've noticed, then again we voted Walker our best right back so delusion isn't out of the ordinary.

Let's hope he doesn't go the same way of Simon Mignolet, another top quality keeper if I recall?

As for the last bit, well I haven't found this to be true, any other club or football forum where goalkeepers are being discussed, Lloris' name is always there towards the top. You hear pundits on tv talking about the best keepers, Lloris is always there. He's the captain of one of the top footballing nations in the world, it stands to reason that he's going to be up there. You'll quite happily call someone an idiot for criticising Lamela or Soldado but you'll dish it out on our only genuine top quality player, I just find it all rather backwards.

Let's hope he doesn't go the same way of Simon Mignolet, another top quality keeper if I recall?

As for the last bit, well I haven't found this to be true, any other club or football forum where goalkeepers are being discussed, Lloris' name is always there towards the top. You hear pundits on tv talking about the best keepers, Lloris is always there. He's the captain of one of the top footballing nations in the world, it stands to reason that he's going to be up there. You'll quite happily call someone an idiot for criticising Lamela or Soldado but you'll dish it out on our only genuine top quality player, I just find it all rather backwards.

Mignolet was a solid shot stopper and showed good distribution at Sunderland though. His performances at Liverpool haven't been anything special, but he wouldn't be the first person to not be able to step up.

Ter Stegen will never go down that route. It will be him and Neuer that will make goalkeeping interesting. Two Germans on top of the world battling out for number one goalkeeper as well as German number one. We will talk about both for years to come.

I'm not dishing anything out on Lloris. I just don't think he's as special as people make out. Even Hoddle said we don't have one world class player and he's right. He is class, but he's not world class. Casillas was captain of Spain too, your point? It usually goes to an experienced head who's well respected, Lloris fits that bill.

I rarely hit pundits praise Lloris unless he does a great save in a match, then again it could be due to the fact we are Tottenham . I hear tons for de Gea and Courtois though.

I doubt goalkeeper even entered Hoddle's mind when he said that, he was referring specifically to outfield players. I don't know what point you're making with Casillas, a keeper who'll go down as one of the greatest of his generation? I thought I'm the one making the case for Lloris? I hear pundits praise Lloris, Gary Neville namedrops him on what seems like a weekly basis even when Spurs aren't playing. I'm not going to continue this, for some reason you've had this Lloris block ever since he signed, I think he's great, so does just about everyone else, I'll enjoy having him here as I suspect it won't be for much longer. Hopefully we don't replace him Jack Butland.

I doubt goalkeeper even entered Hoddle's mind when he said that, he was referring specifically to outfield players. I don't know what point you're making with Casillas, a keeper who'll go down as one of the greatest of his generation? I thought I'm the one making the case for Lloris? I hear pundits praise Lloris, Gary Neville namedrops him on what seems like a weekly basis even when Spurs aren't playing. I'm not going to continue this, for some reason you've had this Lloris block ever since he signed, I think he's great, so does just about everyone else, I'll enjoy having him here as I suspect it won't be for much longer. Hopefully we don't replace him Jack Butland.

We'll likely replace him with Vorm, who may not be AS good at shot stopping shots straight at him but hes supremely better with his feet, and he's more than capable of being our number 1 goalkeeper. Hey, it's better then having Gomes and Friedel though and we finished 4th with those two in goal.

i got it massively wrong about fabianski, when they signed him i thought they were nailed on for relegation as he looked awful at the scum

I'm still a bit puzzled as to why De Gea is so highly rated. He's improved a lot since he first came to England and he's a phenomenal shot stopper, but his decision making and ability to deal with crosses is still suspect.

I'm still a bit puzzled as to why De Gea is so highly rated. He's improved a lot since he first came to England and he's a phenomenal shot stopper, but his decision making and ability to deal with crosses is still suspect.

Come on, surprised?? it's media bung hole licking as usual because its Manure.

I could probably list a dozen mediocre players that United have had that the media presented as WC/top tier PL

B5D91oYCAAAD8gu.jpg

Agree! I'd be seriously disappointed if Hugo had let in any of the limp attempts that was placed straight at him vs Liverpool. He made ONE genuinely good save, and that was Balotellis shot which he pushed onto the bar. Except that one, nothing was even close to world class, yet the pundits were ready to suck his **** with praise. Sickening! I'd be disappointed myself if I'd let in any of those tame attempts!

hugo has the worst kicking of any keeper in the epl that i've seen.

put us under a lot of pressure by giving away possession too many times.

He has been a lot better this season, but his kicking was woeful today.

no idea why he just doesnt kick forward towards Kane.. the worst thing that could happen is that Burnley head back in which instance Fazio would win the ball anyway.

I hate it whenever one of our players decides to pass back to Lloris. I always fear the worst and question why the player deemed it a sensible move to pass it back.

Back