• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

thats the spirit

Lloris out to prove his worth

Frenchman ready to challenge Friedel for first-choice spot

By Patrick Haond. Last Updated: September 12, 2012 5:49pm

Hugo-Lloris-France-training_2827345.jpg

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8074321?

Lloris said: "I will join Tottenham calmly, discovering a new world, another league. I have lots of things to prove there. I will have to work hard."

Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris says he has plenty to prove as he prepares to begin a new challenge at White Hart Lane.

Lloris signed for Spurs on deadline day and, after watching his new side's 1-1 draw with Norwich from the stands, left again soon after for international duty with France.

Despite the high-profile nature of his capture from Lyon, Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas has hinted that American veteran Brad Friedel is still the club's first-choice goalkeeper.

Lloris, who impressed in World Cup qualifiers against Finland and Belarus, admitted it was "never nice" to hear that he may not be considered the top keeper at Tottenham.

But the 25-year-old says he is still fully focused on the task ahead and accepts he will have his work cut out when he starts training with his new team-mates this week.

Lloris said: "I will join Tottenham calmly, discovering a new world, another league. I have lots of things to prove there. I will have to work hard."

Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris says he has plenty to prove as he prepares to begin a new challenge at White Hart Lane.

Lloris signed for Spurs on deadline day and, after watching his new side's 1-1 draw with Norwich from the stands, left again soon after for international duty with France.

Despite the high-profile nature of his capture from Lyon, Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas has hinted that American veteran Brad Friedel is still the club's first-choice goalkeeper.

Lloris, who impressed in World Cup qualifiers against Finland and Belarus, admitted it was "never nice" to hear that he may not be considered the top keeper at Tottenham.

But the 25-year-old says he is still fully focused on the task ahead and accepts he will have his work cut out when he starts training with his new team-mates this week.

There we are. What a shame the red-tops have been scuppered by the truth. Nothing to see lads, move along now ;-)

So now the journalists have got the quote they were looking for.

Have to laugh at the people that think there are no media agendas. This thread should be kept as an example.

funny how every club has a section of fans who thinks they're hard done to and persecuted by the media etc. no doubt the media will try and squeeze a story out nothing and over dramatise everything, but to suggest there's a ‎concerted media agenda against us smacks of paranoia ‎

funny how every club has a section of fans who thinks they're hard done to and persecuted by the media etc. no doubt the media will try and squeeze a story out nothing and over dramatise everything, but to suggest there's a ‎concerted media agenda against us smacks of paranoia ‎

It's funny how certain posters cant simply read what is said, yet will add or subtract information that simply isnt there to justify their nonsensical responses.

This story would never have appeared if there was anything happening in football over the last 2 weeks. The media with nothing to write about apart from boring internationals.

The thing is every club thinks there is a media agenda against them. I post on Villatalk and they are convinced the media hate them. I sometime post on RAWK and it's the same there. Redcafe posters think everyone including the media hate them. Bluemoon posters think the media have it in for them due to their wealth. Arsenal fans think the media are determined to get their players to leave.

When I read the newspaper and websites, I mainly skim through looking for Spurs based stories. So at the moment I'm only reading negative stuff, but to be fair there isn't much positive that's happened recently. The papers have done nice write ups about Vertonghen and Dembele. They've taken a negative slant on the Lloris issue, but it's not different to had the same happened at another club. Last week there were sensationalist headlines about Villas new striker stealing a car, but if you read the details it was a bit of a none story. The difference is when it happens with us, it's the media having an agenda, if it happens to other clubs we barely even notice.

The media do have an agenda and that is to create stories and scandals. They're not particularly biased towards any club, though some writers may be.

The media do have an agenda and that is to create stories and scandals. They're not particularly biased towards any club, though some writers may be.

This is true. Today alone Wenger has had both his own and Sagna's future at the club questioned. But I doubt many of us have even taken a blind bit of notice. We are focusing on our own media witch hunt to the point we think we are getting special treatment.

this all started with deschamp who said something out of step. the media was right to pick this up. and deschamp said it knowing the damage he'd cause at the start of the international break. i'd love to see some coach come up criticizing him for not fielding a player in an international.

he's not lloris' father or agent but acting like one. never liked deschamp, always seems like an old fashioned moody, negative frenchman.

Just don't read it.

Get your news from here and laugh silently at gullable idiots, delete all links to newspapers and newsnow in favs.

I'm loving the fact a siege mentality is forming, them and us feeling, fudgem all I say.

Get yourself about 10 bloggers, and I bet it will fill the void from that sensationalist brick.

Last edited:
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha...hahahahha...hhaahhaha..haha..haha..ha.

French legend claims AVB was 'forced to sign Lloris'

By talkSPORT | Friday, September 14, 2012

France legend Luis Fernandez believes new Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris made a mistake in joining the White Hart Lane club and feels manager Andre Villas-Boas was forced into signing him.

Lloris is already rumoured to be unsettled in north London after Villas-Boas revealed his intention to stick with current number one Brad Friedel.
Several notable figures in France, including national team boss Didier Deschamps and former Lyon goalkeeper Gregory Coupet, have urged Villas-Boas to install Lloris as his new first-choice goalkeeper, and Fernandez believes the 25-year-old failed to communicate properly with Spurs' staff before joining the club.
"In this matter I do not understand many things," Fernandez told French radio station RMC Sports.
"The first thing is that when you leave a club, you always have the opportunity to speak with the coaching staff before leaving. You must speak, must communicate, and discuss with your future coach to avoid such surprises.
"I feel that Villas-Boas was not given the choice, he was forced to take Lloris."

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...orced-sign-lloris-180865?#LrvduP7Ekg2dVPxd.99

Back