• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Is it me ? Or is it I am just noticing it more, but there are more and more situations happening where I just get totally lost for words.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha...hahahahha...hhaahhaha..haha..haha..ha.

French legend claims AVB was 'forced to sign Lloris'

By talkSPORT | Friday, September 14, 2012

France legend Luis Fernandez believes new Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris made a mistake in joining the White Hart Lane club and feels manager Andre Villas-Boas was forced into signing him.

Lloris is already rumoured to be unsettled in north London after Villas-Boas revealed his intention to stick with current number one Brad Friedel.
Several notable figures in France, including national team boss Didier Deschamps and former Lyon goalkeeper Gregory Coupet, have urged Villas-Boas to install Lloris as his new first-choice goalkeeper, and Fernandez believes the 25-year-old failed to communicate properly with Spurs' staff before joining the club.
"In this matter I do not understand many things," Fernandez told French radio station RMC Sports.
"The first thing is that when you leave a club, you always have the opportunity to speak with the coaching staff before leaving. You must speak, must communicate, and discuss with your future coach to avoid such surprises.
"I feel that Villas-Boas was not given the choice, he was forced to take Lloris."

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...orced-sign-lloris-180865?#LrvduP7Ekg2dVPxd.99

Talkbrick once again. :ross:

AVB's treatment by the media has been an absolute disgrace, particularly from the likes of Durham and TS. Absolutely poison to our club that it can influence a large portion of our support.

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs
#thfc Predictably, today's press conference focused on the goalkeeping situation. AVB has spoken to Lloris, and Friedel will keep his place.

#thfc AVB: "We feel that Brad is looking consistent, and deserves bearing in mind his performances against Norwich and against West Brom."

#thfc AVB: "At this moment in time it was extremely unfair not to give Brad the opportunity to continue in his position."

#thfc AVB made point that Sigurdsson is the only summer signing to start his 1st game. Vertonghen, Adebayor & Dembele all started on bench.

Last edited:
the quotes come from Fernandez'z interview with a French radio station.

So it's another person stupid enoigh to take AVB's quote at face value! The French press either deliberately to make a story or accidentally, mis understood the quote and took it literally that he's going to be a no. 2 gk, the English press are taking that furore and adding there own spice!

You sounding like you think there may be a problem here, I don't think that's the case in the slightest.

So it's another person stupid enoigh to take AVB's quote at face value! The French press either deliberately to make a story or accidentally, mis understood the quote and took it literally that he's going to be a no. 2 gk, the English press are taking that furore and adding there own spice!

You sounding like you think there may be a problem here, I don't think that's the case in the slightest.

i think there is a problem in the fact that Friedel was excellent last season, has started this season well, so im not sure how he can be dropped. On the other hand, we have signed Lloris, described by many as one of the best keepers in the world, France's number one, captain, probably their most regarded player right now, and he and his countrymen expect him to walk into the Tottenham team

its a dilemma, and unfortunately its a dilemma that AVB has to handle during a team when we have made a dodgy start to the season on the back of his unfortunate spell at Chelsea which has created a media swirl around him, and where everything he now says and does is analysed to the nth degree

AVB's treatment by the media has been an absolute disgrace, particularly from the likes of Durham and TS. Absolutely poison to our club that it can influence a large portion of our support.

its all about results. poor start to season=media spotlight and criticism to be expected

Could it be that the French media translated what AVB said incorrectly and that's why Deschamps etc in France have taken it the wrong way?

Could it be that the French media translated what AVB said incorrectly and that's why Deschamps etc in France have taken it the wrong way?

but AVB has today said that Friedel is in form and stays in the team. The French cannot accept this. Nothing has been taken in the wrong way, its all quite clear

no its the delusional french people who are losing their national captain to an english team... they are in denial, can't believe that its happening. happy to spread their bitterness to the whole wide world.

no its the delusional french people who are losing their national captain to an english team... they are in denial, can't believe that its happening. happy to spread their bitterness to the whole wide world.

but how many French captains have played for English teams over recent years:)

but AVB has today said that Friedel is in form and stays in the team. The French cannot accept this. Nothing has been taken in the wrong way, its all quite clear

But of course Friedel will be in this team, he was MoM last game, Lloris will play the Europa game and then as long as he doesn't have a mare and Friedel isn't mom in the Reading game, he'll be near enough starter for the forseeable. It's all pretty standard stuff that the french have clearly taken the wrong way. AVB's hardly going to say "yea I've bought Lloris and he'll be straight in team regardless of how Friedel performs". It's mountain out of a mole hill stuff.

French guy opposite me said to me last week "so Lloris is not going to be No.1 keeper for Spurs?" That's how it's being reported in France, this is cleraly not what AVB said and has been taken the wrong way by the French, as I said, either delibrately for headlines or accidentely.

Back