• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Old man Brad is a relic of a bygone era, a Model T to Loris' bugatti Veyron - anything short of sticking Lloris in the team, sacking Brad, and making Hugo captain for life and Hall of fame legends status immediately is a massive mistake by that amature AVB. Or at least so say some.

No room for common sense around these parts joey!

IMO, the long and short of it is that this is all a newspaper fabrication. There is no issue, there is no friction. Lloris (if he is half of what he is supposed to be) will come in, train, get a chance and take it. End of story.

Natural selection in sport, who would have imagined such a thing...

Booo! Far too much common sense.

I remember (at least I think I do) when journalists were there to report the news, not create them. It's all about starting trouble and making a name for themselves. They seem to think they're part of the game, no longer outsiders looking in.

Old man Brad is a relic of a bygone era, a Model T to Loris' bugatti Veyron - anything short of sticking Lloris in the team, sacking Brad, and making Hugo captain for life and Hall of fame legends status immediately is a massive mistake by that amature AVB. Or at least so say some.

IMO, the long and short of it is that this is all a newspaper fabrication. There is no issue, there is no friction. Lloris (if he is half of what he is supposed to be) will come in, train, get a chance and take it. End of story.

=D>

I remember (at least I think I do) when journalists were there to report the news, not create them. It's all about starting trouble and making a name for themselves. They seem to think they're part of the game, no longer outsiders looking in.

Newsroom?

for got to add. =D>

and thats the game and media we have to deal with these days. They want scandal and will do their best to find it. They already sniff trouble at Tottenham Towers and will not make AVB's life any easier.

They start of with some simple sensationalist headlines by Sportsmail Reporter. A few months down the line I expect some nice editorial articles of how AVB either destroyed himself or overcame the obstacles (conveniently put there by the media in the first place).

They start of with some simple sensationalist headlines by Sportsmail Reporter. A few months down the line I expect some nice editorial articles of how AVB either destroyed himself or overcame the obstacles (conveniently put there by the media in the first place).

If that man is on a route to success by xmas ..then he would have overcome obstacles

Rubbish. Lloris needs to be in the door for more than 5 minutes before ousting a keeper who is doing a very good job.

I expect him to get a chance against Lazio and we'll see how it goes from there.

So, Brad has a good game against Reading, Lloris does well against Lazio, who goes in goal for the next game? Stick with Brad i guess, after all he is a keeper "doing a very good job"? Plus another 2 weeks of media spin about one of the best keepers in the world not being able to get into a struggling Tottenham team with a 41 year old in goal

:) if thats the idea then good luck AVB with that plan

and thats the game and media we have to deal with these days. They want scandal and will do their best to find it. They already sniff trouble at Tottenham Towers and will not make AVB's life any easier.

It was always going to be that way after we showed Redknapp the door, us as fans have to stand up against the flimflam and support the manager.

Three things count against AVB with the media:

1. He was always going to get a hard time because of what happened at Chelsea.
2. He controversially replaced a media darling ...
3. ... and they were still sore that he didn't get the England job as they told everyone he would.

So, Brad has a good game against Reading, Lloris does well against Lazio, who goes in goal for the next game? Stick with Brad i guess, after all he is a keeper "doing a very good job"? Plus another 2 weeks of media spin about one of the best keepers in the world not being able to get into a struggling Tottenham team with a 41 year old in goal

Lloris will be our starting keeper within 4-6 weeks even if Brad walks on water and scores a hat-trick at Old Trafford

I'm willing to take a bet on that - there is no way in hell he'll be a bench warmer. :ross:

Ahh a bit of hyperbole never goes amiss. I think most people are just suggesting that simply being solid doesn't make Friedel and amazing keeper, there are several areas he isn't outstanding in. In other words, if we want to keep moving forwards, he needs to be replaced at some point soon and not just because of his age. I don't think making Lloris prove himself is a bad thing, I just hope he's good enough because we need to keep improving if we want to be CL regulars.

Youre statement - "Lloris has to be given the gloves for the Reading game" is IMHO a nonsense. And I would guess is pandering to the scum in the press trying to add pressure to a non-existent issue.

Consider what you are saying. Friedel has been a fine keeper for us and has put in a MOTM display in our last game. Lloris will have, by Reading, maybe 2 days of training with us. Having never performed in the premiership before. Yet he "HAS TO BE GIVEN THE GLOVES". Sorry fella, I respect that you are entitled to an opinion, but have to say I think its a ridiculous one.

If Lloris does well against Lazio? Perhaps he will be given a chance against QPR, perhaps he will get a chance against Carlisle - I guess it depends upon how well he does and how quickly he settles. I sincerely hope though the last thing informing that decision is this ridiculous storm in a teacup the press have been brewing.

Ahh a bit of hyperbole never goes amiss. I think most people are just suggesting that simply being solid doesn't make Friedel and amazing keeper, there are several areas he isn't outstanding in. In other words, if we want to keep moving forwards, he needs to be replaced at some point soon and not just because of his age. I don't think making Lloris prove himself is a bad thing, I just hope he's good enough because we need to keep improving if we want to be CL regulars.

The only issue I have is this idea Brad just needs to make way.

I fully appreciate he needs to be replaced as he really cant last long.

I fully appreciate Lloris is supposed to be the real deal.

I quite expect that to balance itself out without the need to can Friedel just because the shinny new keeper is in town.

Three things count against AVB with the media:

1. He was always going to get a hard time because of what happened at Chelsea.
2. He controversially replaced a media darling ...
3. ... and they were still sore that he didn't get the England job as they told everyone he would.

thats why we the fans have got to ignore the tossers and get behind AVB and Tottenham Hotspur Football Club...

Agreed with this.

Lloris is the far better keeper. We should play him. Not much room for sentiment here, we need a win, we need to finish as high up the league as possible and I can't really see a reason why Brad should still be playing. Regardless of him playing well, regardless of Brad being a good keeper in his own right, to sign the France no.1 and international captain, and keep him on the bench would just be utterly ridiculous to me.

Back