• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

He's gone get over it. In his last season here he was rubbish, not his lack of mobility but his passing was so poor and he regularly lost the ball in dangerous situations.

how can people say hudd is not good enough. hes better then all our midfeilders apart from erikson.

liverpool have gerrard in front of the back 4.
when he got the ball he always tends to find a liverpool player with vison.
hudd is one of the best passers in the prem. hes left us and is now in a cup final

on the ****ing money

He's gone get over it. In his last season here he was rubbish, not his lack of mobility but his passing was so poor and he regularly lost the ball in dangerous situations.

People will sometimes talk about previous players and managers at the club, get over it.

What do you count as his last season? How many games did he play in that season?

His last full season before getting his serious injury problems he certainly wasn't rubbish. I don't think it's fair to judge him based on a handful of scattered appearances after returning from an 18 month injury. A bit like with Kaboul right now.

That is kind of the point that I was making. He is not good enough to be an automatic starter for us and if he is not starting week in, week out his form and fitness suffers. The season we made the Champions League, he was partnered by the best central midfielder that we have had in the modern era and a player who was perfect for covering for Hudd's weaknesses.

So now we have Chadli playing central midfield instead

That is kind of the point that I was making. He is not good enough to be an automatic starter for us and if he is not starting week in, week out his form and fitness suffers. The season we made the Champions League, he was partnered by the best central midfielder that we have had in the modern era and a player who was perfect for covering for Hudd's weaknesses.

Just out of curiosity, who was the player that was perfect for covering for Hudd's weaknesses?

Is there something about Sandro or Dembele for example that makes you think they couldn't cover for his weaknesses?

I think Milo is suggesting Modric, but if I am not mistaken didn't he break his leg at the start of the 09 season and missed a sizeable chunk of games. At least a third of the season.

Besides had he been moved to the middle yet or was he on the left still.

I think Milo is suggesting Modric, but if I am not mistaken didn't he break his leg at the start of the 09 season and missed a sizeable chunk of games. At least a third of the season.

I thought that was somewhat likely too, but wasn't sure so I preferred asking.

I counted once (yes, I'm sad) and the total number of games Modric and Huddlestone started together in central midfield was around 10 iirc. A real shame for us really as they looked quality together. Milo might have been talking about Palacios that played 29 games in the 09/10 season when Huddlestone played 33 http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30/Archive?stageId=3115).

As I remember it, it was Palacios and Hudd in the middle with Modric on the left.

That was more or less how the plan was at the start of the season as I remember it. Then Modric got injured and Kranjcar was signed to play on the left. When Modric returned things were mixed up a bit, until we ended on a Modric - Huddlestone constellation more or less out of necessity and it worked really well.

What I know for sure is that if we hadn't sold Huddlestone and he had been played somewhat regularly then 19 year old Bentaleb wouldn't have been the best passer of our proper central midfield options by far. And as highly as I rate Bentaleb the fact that he is our best passer in central/deep midfield has been and continues to be a real issue for the club.

Oh, and Huddlestone would have been much better in a deep midfield role than Sig or Chadli, that's also pretty certain.

I haven't seen Clasie, but I agree that something has to be done. And someone in central midfield has to be replaced, (arguably) not because they're not good enough, but because we're lacking balance in central midfield.

I agree...au revoir Invisibilinho.

I agree...au revoir Invisibilinho.

Possibly. Harsh on him perhaps, I think he'll get better next season. But would probably be equally harsh to get rid of Capoue or Dembele and Sandro is obviously not someone we should look to sell. A hard decision for whoever has to make it, but someone has to leave I think.

Quite possibly it will just boil down to who we get the best bid for as I don't think any of them are bad players. That again might depend on who has a good World Cup or other factors out of the hands of the club.

Besides had he been moved to the middle yet or was he on the left still.

My bad. I'm getting my years confused.

Hudd & Livermore have had a huge effect on Hull, doesn't mean they are good enough for us.

Hudd needs to play every game to get/stay match fit, find form, something he wouldn't get with us.

Would it be nice to have a fit and in form Hudd as an option next to Eriksen? yes, do I feel we made a mistake letting him go? no.

Hudd & Livermore have had a huge effect on Hull, doesn't mean they are good enough for us.

Hudd needs to play every game to get/stay match fit, find form, something he wouldn't get with us.

Would it be nice to have a fit and in form Hudd as an option next to Eriksen? yes, do I feel we made a mistake letting him go? no.

The mistake was probably more to lose both him and Modric and not replace them with other technically gifted passers in central midfield.

The mistake was probably more to lose both him and Modric and not replace them with other technically gifted passers in central midfield.

Agreed, to me we have done the usual 2 seasons later replacement (Eriksen for Modric)

Plainly obvious watching the team recently we need another ball playing/creative midfielder next to Eriksen.

But to keep it on thread, Hudd isn't good enough for us.

Agreed, to me we have done the usual 2 seasons later replacement (Eriksen for Modric)

Plainly obvious watching the team recently we need another ball playing/creative midfielder next to Eriksen.

He's probably not, but I think a player less good than what we have can be beneficial if they're the right type of player.

Dembele is better than Thudd (as much as one can compare two different players) but we'd be far better off with Thudd in the squad.

I don't see Eriksen as a Modric replacement at all. If anyone he replaces VdV after Sig and Dempsey failed to do so. We're still in desperate need for a Modric-esque player type in our squad. Meanwhile Eriksen must be getting close to matching Modric's total of goals and assists already after his initial season?

He's probably not, but I think a player less good than what we have can be beneficial if they're the right type of player.

Dembele is better than Thudd (as much as one can compare two different players) but we'd be far better off with Thudd in the squad.

Agree fully.

I don't see Eriksen as a Modric replacement at all. If anyone he replaces VdV after Sig and Dempsey failed to do so. We're still in desperate need for a Modric-esque player type in our squad. Meanwhile Eriksen must be getting close to matching Modric's total of goals and assists already after his initial season?

Agree fully.

Well, Eriksen is Modric's replacement as much as Modric was Carrick's. Our truly class ball playing midfielder.

Agree with the rest, we could do with a deeper ball playing/creative midfielder, and while Hudd would be a better fit than Dembele for that, he's gone, so we need to look for the next player.

I understood why AVB sold Huddlestone because he wanted to play with a high intensity press and Huddlestone wasn't suited to it. In hindsight when that plan failed we really needed a player of his type, but I'd still prefer a more mobile option.

so hudd only played a few games in hes last season but people say he was rubbish.
sandro been here for the last 2 season and has been poor and also had injury problems but hes treated like a GHod by spurs fans.

i do like sandro but hes meant to be the fitttest player in the league and always out

Back