• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Could Huddlestone have been out Gerrard this season?

I know that Huddlestone isn't as good as Gerrard but, with his passing range, perhaps he could have delivered strong performances in a similar role.

Just a thought.

I loved Thudd and thought there was a place but like our transfer decisions, it was a ****e decision to sell in my view.

If we played 4-3-3 then maybe but it was clear AVB didn't rate him and it was never going to work really.

Yeah it seemed as though AVB wanted pressers first, footballers second. Hudd's had a better season than any of our CMs that's for sure.

Pirlo is available on a free this summer......still showing for Juve that he is up for it. Gerrard is simply doing what Pirlo has been doing for yonks

I think that a good test of whether we should have kept Hudd is whether we think that it is likely that he will get a move to a bigger club this summer. I doubt that he will.

I think that a good test of whether we should have kept Hudd is whether we think that it is likely that he will get a move to a bigger club this summer. I doubt that he will.

A new manager could bring him back like we did with Kaboul and Defoe.

GOAL - Hull 3-2 Sheffield Utd - Tom Huddlestone (54 mins)
If your dad ever joined in with a game as a kid and took it all too seriously, you'll picture this goal. Tom Huddlestone plays a one-two before bursting onto the ball, holding off two smaller men with ease, bringing the ball on to his left foot and then nonchalantly clipping it over the keeper and into the corner.

A brilliant solo goal..................................................:lol:

Pirlo is available on a free this summer......still showing for Juve that he is up for it. Gerrard is simply doing what Pirlo has been doing for yonks

This is a really a discussion for another thread but I think that is exactly what our team needs. An experienced player, nearing the end of their career, who will immediately command respect from everyone in the dressing room. Alonso is another one who fits the bill, Xavi is meant to be off to MLS, that would be an amazing deal to hijack.

This is a really a discussion for another thread but I think that is exactly what our team needs. An experienced player, nearing the end of their career, who will immediately command respect from everyone in the dressing room. Alonso is another one who fits the bill, Xavi is meant to be off to MLS, that would be an amazing deal to hijack.

Either or both of them and I'll need to change my underwear.

Either or both of them and I'll need to change my underwear.

Same here but we pulled off a deal like that when we brought in Davids, so there is no reason why we cannot do it again. I think that we have a squad that lacks character and (other than Erikisen) a will to win. Naybet made the world of difference to King, Edgar's winning mentality rubbed off on everyone around him, I think that we need the same again.

Could Huddlestone have been out Gerrard this season?

I know that Huddlestone isn't as good as Gerrard but, with his passing range, perhaps he could have delivered strong performances in a similar role.

Just a thought.

3 games into the season if he didn't have a 100% pass record and 30 assists he'd have been called a "fancy dan" and a "Huddlestone what does he do" thread would've been strarted.

3 games into the season if he didn't have a 100% pass record and 30 assists he'd have been called a "fancy dan" and a "Huddlestone what does he do" thread would've been strarted.

The higher level that a player is playing at the more their deficiencies are exposed. MotD did some analysis on Hudd a month or so back and highlighted how he was coasting through a game and not pressing up on the opposition.

I liked Hudd but he would not have got enough games to regain his form if he had stayed with us and his shortcomings will mean that he is not good enough any more to be a regular starter for a club with Champions League ambitions.

The higher level that a player is playing at the more their deficiencies are exposed. MotD did some analysis on Hudd a month or so back and highlighted how he was coasting through a game and not pressing up on the opposition.

I liked Hudd but he would not have got enough games to regain his form if he had stayed with us and his shortcomings will mean that he is not good enough any more to be a regular starter for a club with Champions League ambitions.

That don't wash

In the season we qualified he played a major part in reaching the Champions League. Playing in 33 EPL games, his most as a Tottenham player in a season incidently.

He played 2850 mins in those 33 games at a rate of 86 mins avg.

Of the other 5 games in the league he was on the bench once, the remaining four he was either rested, injured or dropped.

To top that off, Tom appeared in 10 domestic cup games, 2 of the 10 he was a Sub.

About the same time he got 3 England caps.

;)
Its not the ability that has held him back, its always been his fitness, the one season he was fit, we made the Champions League.

Last edited:
That don't wash

In the season we qualified he played a major part in reaching the Champions League. Playing in 33 EPL games, his most as a Tottenham player in a season incidently.

He played 2850 mins in those 33 games at a rate of 86 mins avg.

Of the other 5 games in the league he was on the bench once, the remaining four he was either rested, injured or dropped.

To top that off, Tom appeared in 10 domestic cup games, 2 of the 10 he was a Sub.

About the same time he got 3 England caps.

;)
Its not the ability that has held him back, its always been his fitness, the one season he was fit, we made the Champions League.

That is kind of the point that I was making. He is not good enough to be an automatic starter for us and if he is not starting week in, week out his form and fitness suffers. The season we made the Champions League, he was partnered by the best central midfielder that we have had in the modern era and a player who was perfect for covering for Hudd's weaknesses.

Back