• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

how can people say hudd is not good enough. hes better then all our midfeilders apart from erikson.

liverpool have gerrard in front of the back 4.
when he got the ball he always tends to find a liverpool player with vison.
hudd is one of the best passers in the prem. hes left us and is now in a cup final

how can people say hudd is not good enough. hes better then all our midfeilders apart from erikson.

hudd is one of the best passers in the prem. hes left us and is now in a cup final

b-b-b-b-but he's not mobile enough.

What, a bit like this guy?

Rafael-van-der-Vaart-leaves-Tottenham-and-goes-to-Hamburg.jpg

](*,)

Also, what happened to this mystery 'ankle problem' that was feared to be as bad King's knee?

he dont need to be fast because he reads the game. something dembele cant do

could you imagine dembelle playing for liverpool today they would have of been able to break so fast because he dont have vison to pass early.

Good point about Dembele.

The idea was this

______Sandro_______

Paulinho______Dembele

remember? Tbf, nor do I it was so disjointed at times.

I always rated Hudd. Last summer I thought it was time to move him on, quite reluctantly, but I feel it was wrong. I admit we'll get over it in time but he really isn't as bad most people online or offline make out.

Dembele is far better than we have seen this season. Actually I guess that comment could be applied to most of the squad really. The thing with Dembele is that he doesn't really believe in himself. He has all the ability in the world, and has a stand out skill that he can retain possession under heavy pressure and glide by players gracefully almost at will. The weaknesses in his game are all in his head IMO and I firmly believe that the right coach can drag a great player out of him.

He played under LVG before, right? Anyone know where he played him?

Dembele is far better than we have seen this season. Actually I guess that comment could be applied to most of the squad really. The thing with Dembele is that he doesn't really believe in himself. He has all the ability in the world, and has a stand out skill that he can retain possession under heavy pressure and glide by players gracefully almost at will. The weaknesses in his game are all in his head IMO and I firmly believe that the right coach can drag a great player out of him.

True, did boss it against Man Utd at home.

Yes he did at AZ, just read on Wiki that he was one of the players of the season during their championship winning season.

Dembele was a winger or ACM at AZ I believe. It was Jol who first moved him back to CM.

I still can't image him further up the pitch though, considering how uncreative he is.

I agree with you, but avb wanted players like capoue and pualinho, i really dislike our midfield and always want at least one out and out play maker in there which is why I am one of those hoping we sign Claise in the summer.

People have to be fair; AVB did play Hudd when he could, and when that happened many on here said he should be sold and "wasn't good enough", "doesn't have the legs to play in a mobile midfield" etc etc

You might have issues with some of our current midfield but let's not re-write history and claim we all wanted him kept, especially if he wanted to play week-in, week-out

Glad for him that he can stop Arsenal winning a trophy but let's keep some historical perspective

what are you going on about. players either have vison or they dont. dembele dont have it. hes first thought when he gets the ball is to run with it. he dont suit our play. he slows things down too much. holtby better then him because he moves the ball quicker

thats because a lot of fans are stupid. loads of you voted parker player of the season 2 years ago lol
just because he worked hard.

these are the same fans moaning when avb came in and wanted to get rid of dawson then the fans went mental and he was kept.
we sell or loan our good players and keep the crap ones like towsend.

taarabt is doing well for ac milan
giovanie dos santos doing well with villreal
falqe scored again tonight for hes club
all these players are better then lennon and towsend because they have a football brain.

could you imagine lennon or towsend playing for ac milan lol

im just fed up of us getting young players then loan them out.
everton have got a 19 year old in the center of defence and they are 4th

yet spurs wont play a kid at the back but will play midfeilders out of postion.

I'd definitely trade Dembele for Claise this summer in a bit to get some fluidity into our midfield.

Totally agree, also think that claise is/will be better then huddlestone, to the post above you about AC Milan, they are utter rubbish at the moment and have been for 2 seasons and I would even fancy us in our current state to beat them.

they was untill adel joined them and now they cant stop winning .
they had a bad patch when he got inuried but since hes come back played 3 won 3.

thats because a lot of fans are stupid. loads of you voted parker player of the season 2 years ago lol
just because he worked hard.

these are the same fans moaning when avb came in and wanted to get rid of dawson then the fans went mental and he was kept.
we sell or loan our good players and keep the crap ones like towsend.

taarabt is doing well for ac milan
giovanie dos santos doing well with villreal
falqe scored again tonight for hes club
all these players are better then lennon and towsend because they have a football brain.

could you imagine lennon or towsend playing for ac milan lol

Whilst I don't agree with all the examples you give (AC Milan are absolutely CRAP these days for example), you do raise some fair points about what English/British fans appreciate about the football they watch: "blood and guts", "passion", "desire" often over technical skill, patience in probing for scoring opportunity, slow build-ups etc

You could argue it also goes to the level of the management styles that are appreciated: "dour", "methodical", "tactical" vs "up-and-at-em", "attack-attack-attack", "fast-and-furious"

Or perhaps even AVB vs TS8-[

People have to be fair; AVB did play Hudd when he could, and when that happened many on here said he should be sold and "wasn't good enough", "doesn't have the legs to play in a mobile midfield" etc etc

You might have issues with some of our current midfield but let's not re-write history and claim we all wanted him kept, especially if he wanted to play week-in, week-out

Glad for him that he can stop Arsenal winning a trophy but let's keep some historical perspective

Your right people have to be fair.... I remember hudd playing against city last year and he was the main reason why we beat them.... But avb didn't seem him worthy of a squad place.

yep hudd came on and changed the game with hes FORWARD passing

now we have pundits telling us how good towsend is just because hes fast.
look at liverpool. they have gerrard in front of the back 4. no defensive midfeilder and they they have suarez sturrage and sterling all moving around creating space.

at spurs we have towsend on left lennon on right putting in crap crosses hoping soldado will beat a defender in the air.

good defenders and cope with crosses all day.

players like lennon and towsend should be brought on when theres space for them to run into.

What I know for sure is that if we hadn't sold Huddlestone and he had been played somewhat regularly then 19 year old Bentaleb wouldn't have been the best passer of our proper central midfield options by far. And as highly as I rate Bentaleb the fact that he is our best passer in central/deep midfield has been and continues to be a real issue for the club.

Oh, and Huddlestone would have been much better in a deep midfield role than Sig or Chadli, that's also pretty certain.

I'd definitely trade Dembele for Claise this summer in a bit to get some fluidity into our midfield.

I haven't seen Clasie, but I agree that something has to be done. And someone in central midfield has to be replaced, (arguably) not because they're not good enough, but because we're lacking balance in central midfield.

Back