• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

I don't think raising money is ever a bad thing - these guys are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Having said that, I think he should match whatever the total is and donate that himself. Or get the whole squad to do the same.

fundraising is as much about presence as it is money - Hudd is donating money as well as raising it....and doing a good job using his unique profile as a footballer to market one of the hardest products around (the, will you give us your money for no physical return)

i think saying he should donate more is a big ignorant tbh.

but i also applaud him for taking action to raise money for something he beleives in - he is not obliged to do so.

fundraising is as much about presence as it is money - Hudd is donating money as well as raising it....and doing a good job using his unique profile as a footballer to market one of the hardest products around (the, will you give us your money for no physical return)

i think saying he should donate more is a big ignorant tbh.

but i also applaud him for taking action to raise money for something he beleives in - he is not obliged to do so.

Bit harsh on the ignorance bit there. I agree he is raising awareness, but he could as someone said above at least match what is given . Footballers earn too much money and if I was a footballer on his salary I would donate half my salary to different charities each week, like that American Everton striker did, cant remember his name....or if he was even at Everton.

Bit harsh on the ignorance bit there. I agree he is raising awareness, but he could as someone said above at least match what is given . Footballers earn too much money and if I was a footballer on his salary I would donate half my salary to different charities each week, like that American Everton striker did, cant remember his name....or if he was even at Everton.

i dont feel its harsh - it is ignorant to tell someone how to spend their money.

i assume everyone above is practcing what they preach and donating half of their disposable income to charity all the time?

yes i agree footballers earn too much (which WE make possible), as do bankers etc - but to tell them how to spend it is ridiculous

What if he starts to really love his long hair? He may deliberately sstop trying to score!!! I know what these players are like when it comes to their appearence!!!! :x

i dont feel its harsh - it is ignorant to tell someone how to spend their money.

i assume everyone above is practcing what they preach and donating half of their disposable income to charity all the time?

yes i agree footballers earn too much (which WE make possible), as do bankers etc - but to tell them how to spend it is ridiculous

Not ignorant at all. I work 5 days a week and get XX pounds. And work certainly harder than Tom Huddlestone does.

I simply cannot afford to give half my salary away to charity, yet still put some into charity each month. I work to live. Huddlestone works and lives far easier than me, and to ask people to give ?ú75k to a charity when he can pay that in one go, isn’t that ignorant in itself?

Footballers get paid far too much money and fcuk it im gona sayy those on say 35k plus, should be forced by law to give a certain amount of money to a charity.

Not ignorant at all. I work 5 days a week and get XX pounds. And work certainly harder than Tom Huddlestone does.

I simply cannot afford to give half my salary away to charity, yet still put some into charity each month. I work to live. Huddlestone works and lives far easier than me, and to ask people to give ?ú75k to a charity when he can pay that in one go, isn’t that ignorant in itself?

Footballers get paid far too much money and fcuk it im gona sayy those on say 35k plus, should be forced by law to give a certain amount of money to a charity.

Not sure how you can say that, do you personally watch Tom Huddlestone train?

ok What I should have meant is that I work for longer hours than him.

still, Im sticking to my guns. I still dont get it...

The amount of money a football club makes is determined by the amount of money people will pay to see them (In stadia and on tv), how many people see them will determine the amount a sponsor will pay the team and more money will be bought in by people buying memorabilia (shirts and other crap).

The Football club will make money from all of these (and more), so what you are saying is the football club should keep the profit instead of paying their employees more? If the football club is a business (which they all are) then they should keep the profit, however by doing this but if another football club is willing to pay more, would a football player not move there?

Ask yourself this, if you were offered a job at a much higher wage then you currently are at, for doing the same job you are currently doing, would you take it?

The other point would be this.

'The practice of charity means the voluntary giving of help to those in need who are not related to the giver.'

The high wages are a necessity created by the amount of money in football. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but if you want footballers wages to go down stop buying things from the club and stop watching it.

I simply cannot afford to give half my salary away to charity, yet still put some into charity each month. I work to live. Huddlestone works and lives far easier than me, and to ask people to give ?ú75k to a charity when he can pay that in one go, isnÔÇÖt that ignorant in itself?

which is why i said disposable income

do you donate your disposable income to charity?
what about your spare time?

The amount of money a football club makes is determined by the amount of money people will pay to see them (In stadia and on tv), how many people see them will determine the amount a sponsor will pay the team and more money will be bought in by people buying memorabilia (shirts and other crap).

The Football club will make money from all of these (and more), so what you are saying is the football club should keep the profit instead of paying their employees more? If the football club is a business (which they all are) then they should keep the profit, however by doing this but if another football club is willing to pay more, would a football player not move there?

Ask yourself this, if you were offered a job at a much higher wage then you currently are at, for doing the same job you are currently doing, would you take it?

The other point would be this.

'The practice of charity means the voluntary giving of help to those in need who are not related to the giver.'

The high wages are a necessity created by the amount of money in football. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but if you want footballers wages to go down stop buying things from the club and stop watching it.

there should be a player salary cap, which means income clubs can then charge a lot less for fans to watch which means they are paying the same ratio of money going to players than money coming in

there should be a player salary cap, which means income clubs can then charge a lot less for fans to watch which means they are paying the same ratio of money going to players than money coming in

Why? if the money in the sport is enough then pay footballers what they deserve.

Is it just footballers that shoulder be capped? or should lawyers, bank managers and various other jobs that earn over 100k be capped?

Why should the rules for football differ from those of the rest of the working world?

which is why i said disposable income

do you donate your disposable income to charity?
what about your spare time?

The difference being that I hardly have any time to donate to charity. Footballers have fudge loads of time to do this said charity and are effectively being paid to do it! They don't work 12 hour days (door to door for me) like me or anyone else , I'd hazard a guess as I will never know but let's say they do 5 hours training a day, and with an hour for getting there and back that's 6 hours. Half my day. And on 1 of those days they work half that (match days).

Ok within that 90 mins they work extremely hard but in comparison their life is a hell of a lot easier than mine both in the amount of hours they spend working and the money they get paid to do that job.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.513116,-0.076920

Why? if the money in the sport is enough then pay footballers what they deserve.

Is it just footballers that shoulder be capped? or should lawyers, bank managers and various other jobs that earn over 100k be capped?

Why should the rules for football differ from those of the rest of the working world?

Who says they deserve to be paid that? No one deserves to be paid that money not even lawyers, bankers.

If we weren't all greedy fcukers in this world and so materialistic then I'd say yes every job should have a pay cap and we can all end world poverty.

Done

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.513182,-0.076945

Who says they deserve to be paid that? No one deserves to be paid that money not even lawyers, bankers.

If we weren't all greedy fcukers in this world and so materialistic then I'd say yes every job should have a pay cap and we can all end world poverty.

Done

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.513182,-0.076945

So people who create businesses that go on to be worth billions of pounds do not deserve to get paid a lot? Because it's not like they've worked hard enough for it is it?

I feel you are just annoyed with capitalism in general...

The difference being that I hardly have any time to donate to charity. Footballers have fudge loads of time to do this said charity and are effectively being paid to do it! They don't work 12 hour days (door to door for me) like me or anyone else , I'd hazard a guess as I will never know but let's say they do 5 hours training a day, and with an hour for getting there and back that's 6 hours. Half my day. And on 1 of those days they work half that (match days).

Ok within that 90 mins they work extremely hard but in comparison their life is a hell of a lot easier than mine both in the amount of hours they spend working and the money they get paid to do that job.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.513116,-0.076920

so you dont have the time - fair enough
so you dont have the money - fair enough
so because of that (or even inspite of that) someone else should do it instead - hmmmmm

a lot of people in this country need to look inward and ask "what AM I doing", before being self righteous about what others "ARE NOT doing"

Just updated a pic on his fundraising page

imaging.ashx

http://www.justgiving.com/huddlefro

He's no Disco Benny

Back