• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this summer?

What will be our net spend this summer?

• Total voters
What happened to the £50m interest free loan from Joe Lewis?

Whether we've actually made any money this window depends on how much we've had to pay up front and how much we've received for those that have left. Then there's agent fees and sign on fees. The £50 million could easily be gone to cover initial outlays and any profit won't be in our hands for a couple of seasons.

What happened to the £50m interest free loan from Joe Lewis?

im asking myself the same question. I was shot down and ridiculed for questioning if it existed. As usual we are breaking even not spending anymore than we have to to come 5th with a small chance of finishing 4th.

im asking myself the same question. I was shot down and ridiculed for questioning if it existed. As usual we are breaking even not spending anymore than we have to to come 5th with a small chance of finishing 4th.

Our squad is significantly better than last seasons. Competition for top four places is going to be tight but we've strengthened and are going to be in the chase.

My figures make us in profit but it's fairly close. So the profit/break even/£5m voters were right.

Our squad is significantly better than last seasons. Competition for top four places is going to be tight but we've strengthened and are going to be in the chase.

This may not be the thread for it - but I dont think its a case of strengthening or not that will get us fourth, its how AVB quickly ensures that those players gel. I thin we have changed so many first teamers that it will take a fairly long time to do so. I think the likes of Lamela may struggle initially, Eriksen I have a feeling will take to the league like duck to water. Soldado the same. Capoue has. Chcichcichichichichcicheres maybe a while long especially as I dont think he is first choice Chadli - a bit meh but we will see.

I think Liverscum have a great chance actually dare I say it.

it absolutely is, but i'm not sure we strengthened enough

In the calendar year 2013 we have spent £105.5m and received £113.5m. Profit of £8 m.

BOUGHT

Fryers 3
Holtby 1.5
Paulinho 17
Chadli 7
Soldado 25
Capoue 9
Chiriches 8
Lamela 25
Eriksen 10

SOLD

Cudicini 0
Jenas 0
Bostock 0
Bentley 0
Parrett 0
Gallas 0
GDS (sell on) 3
Caulker 9
Dempsey 6
Huddlestone 5.5
Livermore(Loan) 1
Parker 3.5
Luongo 0.5
Bale 85

I think it existed, it did two things, help bring in players without Bale money and it also helped dupe people to think that the 50m was being spent instead of the Bale money.

I look forward now in October/November to an immense and extraordinary announcement regarding making the stepping stone towards being a team that is top 3 with Arsenal and Utd.

COYS

Paulinho - £17
Chadli - £7m
Soldado - £25.6
Capoue - £8.6m
Chiriches - £8.5m
Lamela - £25.6m
Eriksen - £11m
Total spent £103.3

GDS - £3m
Caulker - £9m
Dempsey - £6m
Huddlestone - £5.25
Parker - £3.5m
Luongo - £0.4m
Bale - £86m
Total sold £113.15

Balance + £9.85m

I've put this in the "doing a Leeds" thread but realised it may be more apt here:

I don't really think you can simply list all the ins and outs and come up with a "net spend" figure. Almost every deal completed will be paid over installments. What's not to say that the reason we receive decent money for our players is because we negotiate fees over say a 4 year period, squeezing every last pound out of a deal by providing "finance" to other clubs. Whereas when we buy we offer say 50% up front, then pay the rest over 2 years, giving the selling club a massive cash injection and in return paying a smaller amount overall.

Back