• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend this summer?

What will be our net spend this summer?

• Total voters
Re: Net spend. how much have we left after Bale?

What happened to the surplus in the year we sold Modric, VDV, Krunchie, Pienaar Dos Santos? We brought in a handful like Dembele, Siggy, Loris, Deuce, Holtby but I thought we had something like 10 mil spare change.

Hardly any big transfer is paid fully up front in cash. If we need to make a big payment we would most likely take up a short term loan against future earnings. Tv money is paid out in installments as well IIRC, then you get the prize money at the end of the season. Like any other business these days, you don't save up before you buy or keep your money in the bank. It's all about investments and loans and whatever these economy people can think of to keep themselves in a job.

Unlike the sheikhs it is only this year we will be splashing out and over 5 years a £100 mill spend is £20 mill per year.
And the books will be balanced as they have done on average despite 2 or 3 splurges in the past.
Had to be done this year, as well. World Cup next year will double prices.

Update on this if the 3 transfer in the pipeline go through and Bale goes through.

IN
Paulinho £17m
Chadli £7m
Soldado £26m
Capoue £8.6
Lamela £26m
Eriksen £9m
Chiriches £8.5m
Total £102.1

OUT
Caulker £9m
Dempsey £6m
Huddlestone £5.25m
Parker £3.5m
Dos Santos £3m (50% sell on fee from gds's transfer from Mallorca to Villreal)
Bale £90m
Total £113.75m

Net transfers so far : + £11.65m

We can still afford to spent another 30m I reckon on a left back and a striker.

This site has a running total: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein_148.html

They still don't record Eriksen In or Bale Out yet, but once those are accounted for the numbers ~tally with Modric THFC's numbers above. We're at least breaking even and probably a few million up. Remarkable business.

We can certainly still afford £25m +/- on another player or two. Maybe Coentrao + one of those young Balkan strikers we've been looking at, or Hernandez. Doable financially, although logistically with limited time left it might not be.

It will depend on how those deals are staged. Particularly the Bale deal.

Also agent fees frequently get ignored in these net spend calculations. We've gotten close to £10m in a season before and I don't think we did as much business then as we've done now.

I'm still guessing that we will be able to spend a bit more if the right player becomes available at the right price, and we might still see some more players leave.

Levy must be keeping something up his sleeve for deadline day, surely.

Transfermarkt are a good site but not trustworthy for fees(especially over time). They're a German site so their fees are recorded in euros and are constantly converting those figures to GBP using today's exchange rate. They have Darren Bent listed at £21.8m for example.

This site has a running total: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tottenham-hotspur/transfers/verein_148.html

They still don't record Eriksen In or Bale Out yet, but once those are accounted for the numbers ~tally with Modric THFC's numbers above. We're at least breaking even and probably a few million up. Remarkable business.

We can certainly still afford £25m +/- on another player or two. Maybe Coentrao + one of those young Balkan strikers we've been looking at, or Hernandez. Doable financially, although logistically with limited time left it might not be.

Baring in mind we'll also likely sell BAE, Defoe and/or Ade, and Gomes, our net spend is going to be very little, even with those two potential extra signings.

Interesting to compare Spurs & City so far this summer...

P0331_zpsed8d5f52.png

Lloris Friedel Gomes

Walker Naughton Rose Ekotto

Dawson Kaboul Chiriches Vertonghen

Sandro Capoue Dembele Paulinho

Holtby Carroll Sigurdsson Eriksen

Lennon Townsend Chadli Lamela

Soldado Defoe Adebayor

So at least 1 has to be sold/loaned today.

Not for the Premier League. Both Eriksen and Lamela are eligible for the u21 unlimited portion of the squad.

For the Europa League we won't be able to register all those players and would most likely have to sell more than one to get everyone registered although I'm not sure about exactly how many.

Not for the Premier League. Both Eriksen and Lamela are eligible for the u21 unlimited portion of the squad.

For the Europa League we won't be able to register all those players and would most likely have to sell more than one to get everyone registered although I'm not sure about exactly how many.

Ah ok cheers. What am i expecting today (realistically):

1) Ade hopefully stays.

2) Benny stays but if he goes we bring in a LB.

3) Carroll to get a good loan.

We're currently in profit by about £4m.

That is remarkable, given the quality of the players we have signed. Credit to Levy for making the best of the situation and actually investing money on the squad, when we now lost Bale. It would have been convenient to simply replace Bale with a lesser quality player, and investing the money in the new stadium, which I'm glad he didn't.

It could be that in a few years time we'll look back at this summer as one where we took one (big) step backwards, but then leaped two steps forwards afterwards. The best case sceneario is that selling Bale was the making of Spurs. I guess time will show.

Short of a late spurge, it looks like we have broken even or turned a profit on the window. Brilliant business, especially when it looks like we have reduced the wage bill too.

Back