• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How much will we spend it January?

What will be our net spend in January?

• Less than we get from sales

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Break even

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 0 - £5m

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • £5m - £10m

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • £10m - £15m

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • £15m +

Votes: 16 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 week to go...in Levy time, that's about 6 months..

I'm almost certain he has no conception of 'time' as we know it. He just emerges from his stasis chamber on August 31st and January 31st, leaving everything in between to Donna Cullen.

I think the transfer windows are too long. Nothing to do with Levy actually, but they should be shortened. Summer window to end before the season starts and January window only open for a week at most. You only need to transfer the player registrations, negotiations can be done at any time. Things only start moving in the last few days anyway as both clubs will try and hold out for a better deal.

I think the transfer windows are too long. Nothing to do with Levy actually, but they should be shortened. Summer window to end before the season starts and January window only open for a week at most. You only need to transfer the player registrations, negotiations can be done at any time. Things only start moving in the last few days anyway as both clubs will try and hold out for a better deal.

This.
It makes no sense that all the big leagues are started when the summer transfer window closes. June and july offers plenty of time to conclude business. Two weeks in january should also be enough as you say.

I get the reasoning for the Summer change, it's always felt like madness to have the season start on when everyone else is still trying to sign your players.

Though what is the reasoning for the January shortening? They'd need a better reason than 'It feels too long' to ever consider doing it. Personally i think the same number of deals would get done in two weeks as would in four, as it seems there is a lot of gamesmanship and waiting out your opponents.

I hope FIFA go ahead with the changes they're planning. Removing the brick stirring agents would help no end. With all the technology available the clubs should be able to communicate directly you'd think.

that means abolishing that "no tapping up" rule, which was pretty much ineffective anyway.

that means abolishing that "no tapping up" rule, which was pretty much ineffective anyway.

Why?

Either way you first have to negotiate with the selling club, either agreeing a fee or getting a permission to talk to the player. If you agree a deal or get a permission before or during a transfer window really doesn't change anything.

They aren't common, but there have been quite a few deals completed and announced outside the transfer window, seemingly without breaching the tapping up regulations.

Why?

Either way you first have to negotiate with the selling club, either agreeing a fee or getting a permission to talk to the player. If you agree a deal or get a permission before or during a transfer window really doesn't change anything.

They aren't common, but there have been quite a few deals completed and announced outside the transfer window, seemingly without breaching the tapping up regulations.

The media made the tapping up rule ineffective.

Release to the media that you're interested via itk, then a reporter asks you if the interest is genuine. Then you're no longer tapping up, you're answering a direct question.

Laughable.

Always said that we'd only spend £5m - £10m. Still think thats about right. Would also like to see us offload Jenas, Bentley and Gomes

Does anyone think that part of the reason for the extreme reactions to our relative inactivity in the transfer window is because people have unrealistic expectations going into it?

As above
That's why the disappointment and reaction.
But will have to wait for may to find out if it was a failure

Back