• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Lukaku is very hot and cold .. Much more a streaky player (so far), almost ala Defoe ..

I said that to some fudge packers (evertonnfans cannot be called toffee men) and they argue that it's only for 3 games that he doesn't score. I sure it's nearer 9 or 10

But he is still young and has ups and downs as you would expect. What I would add though she should score goals a she cost £28m

I said that to some fudge packers (evertonnfans cannot be called toffee men) and they argue that it's only for 3 games that he doesn't score. I sure it's nearer 9 or 10

But he is still young and has ups and downs as you would expect. What I would add though she should score goals a she cost £28m

He has had one stretch of 3 games and one of 4 games this season..

I do agree with that, but it's also worth pointing out just how young he still is. Decision-making is exactly the kind of thing that should improve with experience.

Right now - assuming Kane stays at Spurs for a while - if he can just maintain his current level, I believe he'll be remembered as one of our better players.

What's really exciting though, is the possibility that he'll continue to improve. He's only 22 years old! Can you imagine what sort of striker he'll be if he spends the next five years improving his game and only hits his peak at 27 like a lot of strikers. The lad has the potential to be among the very best.
He is well on his way to greatness already IMO. And as you say the best is yet to come, I have no doubt about it. I just hope he fulfils his potential in a Spurs shirt.

Stoke City striker Peter Crouch believes Wayne Rooney should play up front for England at next summer's European Championship.

The Manchester United captain has struggled for goals this season, finding the back of the net in the Premier League on just two occasions.

Leicester City's Jamie Vardy is the division's top scorer with 15 strikes, while Tottenham's Harry Kane has nine goals to his name, but Crouch still believes that Rooney should lead the line for Roy Hodgson's side.

"I think he is our best centre-forward," the 34-year-old said of Rooney.

“Of course, we have some good young players coming through but his experience of playing in big competitions will be invaluable.

“His record is unbelievable – Premier League, Champions League and England, he’s the country’s all-time top scorer!

“For me he is a top class player and someone that we are lucky to have.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/international-football/2015/12/23/18629712/

What, his experience of failing? I'd bring Crouch ahead of Rooney.

He is only 22, averages a goal every other game and has done so since 2009...

twice last season he had 6 game stretches in PL without scoring, ended season on 4 game. Even this season he's had a 5 game spell.

Very good player, but he has been (doesn't mean he always will be) a streaky player, his 0 in 15 for Cheat$ki is also there ..

twice last season he had 6 game stretches in PL without scoring, ended season on 4 game. Even this season he's had a 5 game spell.

Very good player, but he has been (doesn't mean he always will be) a streaky player, his 0 in 15 for Cheat$ki is also there ..

Where are you getting these stats from as they look wrong to me? One 6 game stretch last season (PL).. and scored 2 in 5 games at the end of the season. This season he had one four game spell in PL..

started all 15 did he?

Would swap Kane for Lukaku in a heartbeat.. I see much more in his game that he will hit the top and stay there.

I would swap Kane for Lukaku if it was up to me. I think we would score more goals as a team with Lukaku (or a Lukaku type).
Wow. Fair enough, your call

Personally I like lukaku as a goal scorer but feels he offers very little else in comparison to Kane. Kane's all round game is probably the best in the league IMO.

I would swap Kane for Lukaku if it was up to me. I think we would score more goals as a team with Lukaku (or a Lukaku type).

Really not sure how you would come to that conclusion

- they are both the same age, Lukaku actually has significantly more on Kane in terms of experience, 253 club, 42 country (vs. Kane's 100 at senior club, 8 country)
- they have played at similar level clubs, we probably edge Everton, but Lukaku also had his Chea$ki opp
- Kane scored 31 goals last season, Lukaku's best is 20
- Kane's work rate is vastly superior in a setup that requires you work hard/constantly

Not saying Lukaku isn't a good player, but the statement that you would swap Kane for a player that on paper is inferior in a heartbeat?

I am simply astonished that anyone would want to swap Lukaku for Kane. Don't people realise what we have on our hands in Harry? This boy can score goals from every position, hold the ball up, pass very well. In my opinion he is the complete centre forward.

I am biased of course. He's our boy.

Really not sure how you would come to that conclusion

- they are both the same age, Lukaku actually has significantly more on Kane in terms of experience, 253 club, 42 country (vs. Kane's 100 at senior club, 8 country)
- they have played at similar level clubs, we probably edge Everton, but Lukaku also had his Chea$ki opp
- Kane scored 31 goals last season, Lukaku's best is 20
- Kane's work rate is vastly superior in a setup that requires you work hard/constantly

Not saying Lukaku isn't a good player, but the statement that you would swap Kane for a player that on paper is inferior in a heartbeat?

You are using stats to prove Kane is better and even highlight it by saying at the end "on paper"... Ive watch a lot of Lukaku and obs a lot of Kane just feel that his physicality/hold up play, speed and heading would suit our team better. I trust my eyes more than I do any stats.. Believe me I wish I didnt have this opinion and would be very happy if Kane keeps proving me wrong..

Also aware of Lukaku faults as well and ironically put the two together and probably got the perfect player.

I am simply astonished that anyone would want to swap Lukaku for Kane. Don't people realise what we have on our hands in Harry? This boy can score goals from every position, hold the ball up, pass very well. In my opinion he is the complete centre forward.

I am biased of course. He's our boy.

You have a bias as would be expected but I know most neutrals would want Kane. It's simply about his all round game.

Lukaku is a very good player but for me Kane is only behind Aguero in the league (or Vardy or current form). The pecking order for me would be :

Aguero
Kane
Giroud
Sturidge
Lukaku
Benteke

Although I have to say the likes of Vardy and Ignalo if they carry on like this for more than a season could easily step into the big league.

Likewise Rooney playing well would be up there

You are using stats to prove Kane is better and even highlight it by saying at the end "on paper"... Ive watch a lot of Lukaku and obs a lot of Kane just feel that his physicality/hold up play, speed and heading would suit our team better. I trust my eyes more than I do any stats.. Believe me I wish I didnt have this opinion and would be very happy if Kane keeps proving me wrong..

Also aware of Lukaku faults as well and ironically put the two together and probably got the perfect player.

I think lukaku needs to improve his hold up play and physicality. He should boss most defenders yet he is so hot and cold on that. He should be a flat track bully but he struggles against the actual physical defenders and didn't get a sniff against us for example.

He doesn't get many assists either which is a weakness too in comparison.

His heading is ok but not a patch on Giroud for example or Rooney (very good in the air).

I rate him but I believe Kane is so far a better player

Just seen lukaku stats for this season. He has 4 assist vs Kane's none and 4 headed goals vs Kane's none

Maybe I'm not seeing thins be in lukakus game that are there but I don't watch Everton much at all apart from MOTD

Back