• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It's an incredible statistic. I wonder how other top strikers, who didn't play for us, fared in their first 100 appearances.
From a quick trawl of Twitter...

Most goals in first 100 Premier League appearances:
Shearer (79), Van Nistelrooy (68), Aguero (64), A.Cole (63), Torres (63).

Amount of goals scored per first 100 Premier League appearances for Liverpool.
Fernando Torres - 63
Luis Suarez - 62
Robbie Fowler - 62

Most #BPL goals for #Arsenal after 100 appearances:
59 - Henry
56 - Wright
44 - Adebayor
42 - Giroud

And harking back to Tottenham' greatest...

Harry Kane getting 47 goals in first 100 games is brilliant, but think on this, Jimmy Greaves got 92 in his first 100. That is incredible

Last edited:

Fernando Torres - 63
Luis Suarez - 62
Robbie Fowler - 62

59 - Henry
56 - Wright
44 - Adebayor
42 - Giroud

Harry Kane getting 47 goals in first 100 games is brilliant, but think on this, Jimmy Greaves got 92 in his first 100. That is incredible

Just wondering, stats I have( wikipedia) says Kane has 49 goals in 101 matches in all competitions and 35 goals in 63 matches in the league. So, why you say he got 47 in 100 games ? Which is accurate ? Also, it is not right to compare him to other PL players' record when Kane has not even played 100 league matches for us.

Just wondering, stats I have( wikipedia) says Kane has 49 goals in 101 matches in all competitions and 35 goals in 63 matches in the league. So, why you say he got 47 in 100 games ? Which is accurate ? Also, it is not right to compare him to other PL players' record when Kane has not even played 100 league matches for us.
Whoops, it's early and I'm hung over :oops:

Although Greaves figures are for his first 100 appearances for Spurs in all comps and Kane has plenty of PL games in which to overhaul the others!

I think Kane is immense and I will be the first to admit that I did not see this when I first saw him play! Averaging almost 1 in 2 is not bad for a young player starting off! As he becomes stronger he will be even more of a threat, and I think developing an understanding with Alli, Lamela, Son, N'Jie, Eriksen and others will only ensure we see even better performances. It's quite frightening how good his finishing can be. I don't really like comparing players, but I think he is the closest thing to Alan Shearer that I have seen. Can score from anywhere, left foot, right foot, head or shin. Legend in the making.

Kane is worth more than Bale now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eagues-67m-Lionel-Messi-Neymar-head-list.html

Harry Kane is the fifth most valuable player in Europe's top-five leagues at £67m as Lionel Messi and Neymar head the list
  • The CIES Football Observatory published its bi-annual list on Wednesday
  • List takes into account characteristics of the player and his team's fortunes
  • Tottenham's Harry Kane is valued at £67million after enjoying a stellar 2015
  • Lionel Messi heads the list across Europe's top-five leagues at £185m
  • There are 11 Premier League players inside the top 30 names
  • See all the latest transfer news from around the world here
By Luke Augustus for MailOnline

Published: 18:15 GMT, 6 January 2016 | Updated: 20:25 GMT, 6 January 2016

Tottenham star striker Harry Kane's rise to prominence in the beautiful game has seen him named as the fifth most valuable player in Europe's top-five leagues, according to the CIES Football Observatory.

On Wednesday, the CIES Football Observatory published its bi-annual list of the 100 players with the highest transfer values across the top-flights of England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

The list is calculated on an econometric model by the CIES Football Observatory research team from the analysis of over 1,500 paid transfers since 2010.

The criteria taken into account refers to both the performance and personal characteristics of a player, such as their age, position and contract duration, as well as the standing of their club and or international team based on their competition level and results.

The consequence of these factors values Kane fifth behind Barcelona duo Lionel Messi and Neymar with Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo third and fourth respectively.

Kane is valued at £67million after enjoying a stellar 2015 with Tottenham and England.

The 22-year-old scored 29 goals for Spurs in all competitions during that calendar year as they finished fifth in the Premier League last season.

Kane's form for the north London outfit earned him an England debut against Lithuania in March too - which he memorably marked with a goal during their 4-0 win at Wembley.

Barca forward Messi tops this list with the CIES Football Observatory valuing him at £185m.

The 28-year-old's contract at the Nou Camp expires in 2018 and the diminutive genius played a key role for Luis Enrique's men as they won five titles in 2015.

Messi's club team-mate Neymar is second with a value of £113m with the 24-year-old's contract set to expire in 2018 too.

Despite disappointing the last six months, Chelsea playmaker Hazard is third with a transfer value of £96m ahead of four-time Ballon d'Or winner Ronaldo who is worth £84m according to the CIES Football Observatory.

Rounding up the top 10 are Raheem Sterling, Antoine Griezmann, Luis Suarez, Sergio Aguero and Alexis Sanchez.

Manchester United summer signing Anthony Martial is the 11th most valuable player in the list at £58m.

The 20-year-old is one of 11 Premier League players inside the top 30.

THE 30 MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS ACROSS EUROPE'S TOP FIVE LEAGUES
1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) - £185million

2. Neymar (Barcelona) - £113m

3. Eden Hazard (Chelsea) - £96m

4. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) - £84m

5. Harry Kane (Tottenham) - £67m

6. Raheem Sterling (Emirates Marketing Project) - £66m

7. Antonine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid) - £65m

8. Luis Suarez (Barcelona) - £64m

9. Sergio Aguero (Emirates Marketing Project) - £60m

10. Alexis Sanchez (Arsenal) - £60m

11. Anthony Martial (Manchester United) - £58m

12. Paul Pogba (Juventus) - £57m

13=. Kevin De Bruyne (Emirates Marketing Project) - £54m

13=. Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool) - £54m

15. Thomas Muller (Bayern Munich) - £52m

16. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern) - £51m

17. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) - £51m

18. Romelu Lukaku (Everton) - £50m

19. Diego Costa (Chelsea) - £48m

20. Paulo Dybala (Juventus) - £46m

21. Isco (Real Madrid) - £46m

22. Cesc Fabregas (Chelsea) - £44m

23. Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli) - £43m

24. James Rodriguez (Real Madrid) - £43m

25. Toni Kroos (Real Madrid) - £41m

26. Marco Verratti (PSG) - £38m

27. Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) - £38m

28. Sergio Busquets (Barcelona) - £37m

29. Mauro Icardi (Inter) - £37m

30. Koke (Atletico Madrid) - £36m

Full list http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2015/131/en/

Hazard worth more than Ronaldo
Sterling worth more than Suarez

says it all about the legitimacy of that list ....

Its not about how much players are worth. Its about what they'd go for in a transfer completely different thing.
Young players cost more.
Look at what Martial cost? Is he worth that? No.
Ronaldo is on his way out at Madrid. He wasnt a Perez signing and Perez would be happy if PSG took him off his hands.
It would take a fortune to prize Hazard from Chelsea or Kane from us. Thats what the list reflects.

Fernando Torres - 63
Luis Suarez - 62
Robbie Fowler - 62

59 - Henry
56 - Wright
44 - Adebayor
42 - Giroud

I don't think it's right comparing players with players from a completely different Era. Greaves was playing against defenders that were no where near the athletes they are today. Same as the Pele, Maradonna and Messi comparison.

I don't think it's right comparing players with players from a completely different Era. Greaves was playing against defenders that were no where near the athletes they are today. Same as the Pele, Maradonna and Messi comparison.

That's true, but the defenders were allowed to kick the sh1t out of you in those days. The pitches were rubbish, the ball weighed a ton. Whilst the training methods were primitive and meant that his opponents weren't as athletic, they would have also prevented Greaves from being a better athlete and, therefore, an even better player. The greats would have been great in any era imo.

Greaves is probably the closest England has come to a Messi. A phenomenal goalscorer.

Fernando Torres - 63
Luis Suarez - 62
Robbie Fowler - 62

59 - Henry
56 - Wright
44 - Adebayor
42 - Giroud

Considering Kane has 35 goals in 65 Premier League game for us he should go past those Arsenal records.

Not that the comparison is fair though.
Most of those strikers above were fully formed by the time they joined their club.
Whereas Kane played 35 minutes over his first 5 league games before finally scoring in his 6th.

Only comparisons to Fowler and perhaps Cole are valid.

Btw Shearer scored 23 top division goals in 118 games for Southampton before the league was renamed in 1992.

Back