• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If im being honest i am not sure just how far i would push that point myself, I just think feel that if I was picking a team with those players available Fowler would be the last one I would go for..

If it was that then my point is still that Rooney, Owen and Anelka contributed more to the team and the game than Fowler (despite his good stats). Fowler never did it at international level, didnt move to the big clubs at the time etc, so whilst not a million miles off not at the same level for me, a very good player not a great one..

Kane contributes a hell of a lot to our overall play. A point I also made when he wasn't scoring earlier this season.

His contribution to our pressing is unquestioned. He holds the ball up well, he runs the channels, he links up well with his team mates, he stretches teams by being a threat in behind, he gets the occasional knock down and so on and so on.

He is essentially a player without any real weakness.

Kane contributes a hell of a lot to our overall play. A point I also made when he wasn't scoring earlier this season.

His contribution to our pressing is unquestioned. He holds the ball up well, he runs the channels, he links up well with his team mates, he stretches teams by being a threat in behind, he gets the occasional knock down and so on and so on.

He is essentially a player without any real weakness.

Every player has weaknesses. Kane for me could be slighter quick but he isn't slow.

His other weakness at the moment is experience (lack of it) but you only get that from playing.

Im sure if he was available in the market there would be every top side in Europe interested in him.

Every player has weaknesses. Kane for me could be slighter quick but he isn't slow.

His other weakness at the moment is experience (lack of it) but you only get that from playing.

Im sure if he was available in the market there would be every top side in Europe interested in him.

When "he could be slightly quicker, but he isn't slow" is the primary criticism people can come up with I think describing him as essentially without any real weakness in the context that all players have weaknesses is pretty close to accurate.

When "he could be slightly quicker, but he isn't slow" is the primary criticism people can come up with I think describing him as essentially without any real weakness in the context that all players have weaknesses is pretty close to accurate.

The reason why Kane is so good so because he recognises the need to keep working on his game. Also his work rate is second to none

If I was being picky I would say that he tends to occasionally shoot when it certainly isn't the right option. I think some of this poor decision making was during his 'barren' spell and even since then that looks to have improved IMO.

If I was being picky I would say that he tends to occasionally shoot when it certainly isn't the right option. I think some of this poor decision making was during his 'barren' spell and even since then that looks to have improved IMO.
Every top striker is greedy, and shoots at times when should have passed - the majority more so than Kane. We really are scraping the barrel here, and has clearly demonstrated braineclipse point is a valid one......

Every top striker is greedy, and shoots at times when should have passed - the majority more so than Kane. We really are scraping the barrel here, and has clearly demonstrated braineclipse point is a valid one......
I get the greedy bit and I don't mind that really. But there's greedy and then there's the complete wrong decision, and I think Harry was guilty of making the wrong choice more than a few times when looking to break his scoring drought. But as you say we are nit picking.

Did not someone produce stats recently showing his conversion rate per shot is among the highest compared with other top strikers?

Seems for some the only time it's ever the right option is when he scores.

As I keep saying, if you don't buy a ticket ..

Did not someone produce stats recently showing his conversion rate per shot is among the highest compared with other top strikers?

Seems for some the only time it's ever the right option is when he scores.

As I keep saying, if you don't buy a ticket ..
Fwiw...

According to Squawka, Kane has attempted the joint most shots in the league (61 along with Lukaku) so far this season.

However (due to his dry spell in the opening 6 fixtures) his shot conversion rate is currently a relatively modest 15%. Compared to 21% for Lukaku, 23% for Giroud and 25% for Vardy.

Last season: 19% of Kane' shots resulted in goals, compared to 18% for Aguero and 26% for Costa.

Since the start of last season: Kane and Aguero (the only players to score 30+ league goals) both have a conversion rate of 17.3%

Fwiw...

According to Squawka, Kane has attempted the joint most shots in the league (61 along with Lukaku) so far this season.

However (due to his dry spell in the opening 6 fixtures) his shot conversion rate is currently a relatively modest 15%. Compared to 21% for Lukaku, 23% for Giroud and 25% for Vardy.

Last season: 19% of Kane' shots resulted in goals, compared to 18% for Aguero and 26% for Costa.

Since the start of last season: Kane and Aguero (the only players to score 30+ league goals) both have a conversion rate of 17.3%

Well those stats certainly seem to lend strong support to Rorschach's argument.

However I remain convinced that Kane should not change one jot - on the basis that we're still more likely to score percentage-wise than if he were to pass more often.

That's because imo when you try to bring others into play there's an even greater chance nothing will come of it. So often the pass gets intercepted or the receiving player fluffs his chance - even when in a better position.

So I say keep going for it Harry, every single time!

I will be shot for this comment and maybe what I think I can not translate into writing that well.

Firstly I love Kane and I am enjoying this player for every moment I can...I just like most of us want this to continue and although I rate him I will be cautious and look back after 4 seasons and see if he has done it for at least 3 of those seasons before I place a major judgement on him.

I will be shot for this comment and maybe what I think I can not translate into writing that well.

Firstly I love Kane and I am enjoying this player for every moment I can...I just like most of us want this to continue and although I rate him I will be cautious and look back after 4 seasons and see if he has done it for at least 3 of those seasons before I place a major judgement on him.
You won't be shot at all (maybe have the occasional dart thrown in your direction). I think that is the right approach, imv. However, if by the end of this season he has produced like he did last season, you could shorten your timeline. ;)

You won't be shot at all (maybe have the occasional dart thrown in your direction). I think that is the right approach, imv. However, if by the end of this season he has produced like he did last season, you could shorten your timeline. ;)

Hahaha yeh I will, if he gets up towards 22-25 goals I will go back on this.

Would love another Sherringham (without the leaving)

Hahaha yeh I will, if he gets up towards 22-25 goals I will go back on this.

Would love another Sherringham (without the leaving)

Fine to be cautious, but you also need to give credit where its due.

If Harry gets 20+ goals this season (half way there already), he would have had consecutive 20+ goal seasons at the age of 22 (Rooney btw has only achieved that 4 times in 13+ seasons, and never consecutively), a calendar year where he outscored the likes of Aquero, Costa, Rooney, etc, plus outscored everyone but Sheringham in number of goals in their first 100 games for Spurs (a list that includes Berbatov, Keane, Defoe, etc.)

If he does just that .. he is the real deal

Not questioning it mate :)

Think most of us realize now Kane is a quality striker ..
The real question is what is his ceiling? how good can he be?

Well he is already in the second tier of top strikers

You have your worldies at Barca, Madrid and Munich (plus Aguero). Kane is in the next batch already along with Giroud and lukaku from this league.

His ceiling is top 5 in the world and he couldn't easily be like Zlatan for example

Back