• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Lukaku is a very good player, potensially up to world class. But I wouldnt swap him for Harry. Why? Because - even if I'm a norwegian - understand the feeling the local fans feel for having a star player coming from the academy in the team.
More important for me is that Harry always do his best for the team. Yeah, I know he was a bit selfish in the start of the season when the goals didnt come, but the way he works for the team all over the pitch. And the way he represent the club... Top class.
Wouldnt swap him for Lukaku. I would play him WITH him, but the only striker in the PL I would swap him for is actually Aguero. No other, not even Vardy (29 in a month).

Congratulations Harry on coming 38th in a world footballer list of the top 100 players. Photogenic as ever!

1000.jpg

Harry Kane 22
Tottenham Hotspur / England
Forward
New
It was tempting last season to wonder who wrote Harry Kane's scripts. Having burst onto the Premier League scene in Roy of the Rovers style, he marked his debut for England in March by scoring with his third touch against Lithuania. Kane has continued this season where he left off the last, running tirelessly for Tottenham Hotspur and setting the tone for Mauricio Pochettino's pressing style while scoring goals at a healthy rate. Kane has borne the pressure of being the only recognised striker currently at the club, and his strength, burst of pace and directness mark him out. This year's fourth highest new entry is the only Englishman in the top 50.

To be honest I have never really been a big fan of Lukaku before this season, he had the touch of a elephant and could not trap a bag cement. However he seems to be coming more consistent but has a long way to go ( imo) to equal Kane ( imo).

You are using stats to prove Kane is better and even highlight it by saying at the end "on paper"... Ive watch a lot of Lukaku and obs a lot of Kane just feel that his physicality/hold up play, speed and heading would suit our team better. I trust my eyes more than I do any stats.. Believe me I wish I didnt have this opinion and would be very happy if Kane keeps proving me wrong..

Also aware of Lukaku faults as well and ironically put the two together and probably got the perfect player.

Absolutely, they are both too young for any final opinion mate .. they both could end up dominating the PL for years .. or not ...

Lukaku gives me a little bit of the scares because a big part of his question mark is mental (and seen that go wrong so many times) ...

But we are all entitled to our opinion/view

Premier league or all time?
I assume that Allen and Greaves would have scored more First Division goals than that in a calendar year but hopefully Statto can rustle up the figures...

Judging by this earlier tweet, it's just PL era

@InfostradaLive:
Harry Kane scores his 26th PL goal in 2015, equalling the Spurs PL calendar record, set by Teddy Sheringham in 1993. #coys

Lukaku is a very good player, potensially up to world class. But I wouldnt swap him for Harry. Why? Because - even if I'm a norwegian - understand the feeling the local fans feel for having a star player coming from the academy in the team.
More important for me is that Harry always do his best for the team. Yeah, I know he was a bit selfish in the start of the season when the goals didnt come, but the way he works for the team all over the pitch. And the way he represent the club... Top class.
Wouldnt swap him for Lukaku. I would play him WITH him, but the only striker in the PL I would swap him for is actually Aguero. No other, not even Vardy (29 in a month).

I agree that Aguero is a superior player to Kane however his injury record is a slight concern to me

twice last season he had 6 game stretches in PL without scoring, ended season on 4 game. Even this season he's had a 5 game spell.

Very good player, but he has been (doesn't mean he always will be) a streaky player, his 0 in 15 for Cheat$ki is also there ..

0 in 15 are you having a laugh? that is a pathetic stay to quote? he was a teenager and there were a number of substitute appearances involved

Kane over Lukaku for me but Lukaku is a big threat on his day. He can throw defenders around like rag dolls when he wants to. Always felt the Drogba comparison did Drobga a disservice though, he was the mother of all cheats, but boy he really was the player you wanted in your team in big games. His record in finals for example was phenomal!

Back