• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Defoe was always getting caught offside too. For me it's almost as reassuring as it is frustrating because it shows he's always pushing it to the limits. Remember a well-drilled defence always has the advantage because it can spring forward as one just as the ball is about to be passed, at the same moment the striker is having to shape himself to receive the ball.

I've noticed this happening a lot recently, particularly so against City.

Defoe was always getting caught offside too. For me it's almost as reassuring as it is frustrating because it shows he's always pushing it to the limits. Remember a well-drilled defence always has the advantage because it can spring forward as one just as the ball is about to be passed, at the same moment the striker is having to shape himself to receive the ball.

I've noticed this happening a lot recently, particularly so against City.

It really doesn't take much effort to look across the line though. I remember I got gonad*ed when I was about 12 for constantly being offside in a game so it shouldn't happen so often at professional level. I get sometimes that sometimes you can mistime a run by a fraction, but I've noticed that Kane doesn't always look. It's something that can be easily rectified.

It really doesn't take much effort to look across the line though. I remember I got cobblered when I was about 12 for constantly being offside in a game so it shouldn't happen so often at professional level. I get sometimes that sometimes you can mistime a run by a fraction, but I've noticed that Kane doesn't always look. It's something that can be easily rectified.

Agree to an extent. I think at the professional level it is fine margins. When you have a player like Kane who is not blessed with blistering pace, being "on the run" when the ball is played rather than stationary on the last man is the difference between him getting a goal and/or being caught by the defence.

I'm not overly worried about this though. I do think that he will regain his scoring touch and score a hatful this year.

Adebayor got absolutely mullered on here for being offside yet Kane seems to get a free ride (and from what I can tell he is offside more often than Adebayor was).

Defoe also used to get slaughtered on here for being offside too often, and again my perception is that he got caught offside less than Kane does.

Personally I'm never really too bothered about the centre forward getting caught offside, especially ones who like to play on the shoulder of the last defender.

Adebayor got absolutely mullered on here for being offside yet Kane seems to get a free ride (and from what I can tell he is offside more often than Adebayor was).

Defoe also used to get slaughtered on here for being offside too often, and again my perception is that he got caught offside less than Kane does.

Personally I'm never really too bothered about the centre forward getting caught offside, especially ones who like to play on the shoulder of the last defender.

And quite right too.Through his exceptional achievements for us last season, not to mention his excellent all-round contribution even when not scoring this, Kane has amassed huge credit in my goodwill bank at least to be indulged that much more when the goals dry up.

That's not to say he doesn't need to work harder on that aspect of his game, of course he does, but we all know surely that no one will be more aware of that than the man Harry himself

Kane was offside a few times vs City but its not something id normally associate him with

Invariably its the less intelligent players who get caught off the most, players like Defoe, Bent and Andy Cole.. you could argue poacher types who push the boundaries to get that fine margin

Just checked and Kane averages 0.7 offside per league game

Defoe now averages one per game

It's why there are off side that raises the criticism, Ade was criticised because he was offside because he didn't come out and any secondary attack was lost. Kane is offside because he is playing on the shoulder of the back line. Big difference.

FWIW, in the Premier League for Spurs...

Defoe 2004-07: offside 153 times (6639 minutes played) = 43 mins per offside
Adebayor 2011-15: offside 112 times (7062 minutes played) = 63 mins per offside
Defoe 2009-14: offside 108 times (8177 minutes played) = 76 mins per offside
Kane 2012-15: offside 44 times (3686 minutes played) = 84 mins per offside

How do Kane's figures look this season where he has played purely as a number 9 and not the number 10 role?

Great stats. So do we know who among the leading PL scorers has the best offside stats, so we can compare?

Things that were flying in for him last year, just aren't this year (e.g that header).

That being said, he's working hard, doin the right things

I think he's knackered.... He's still working hard but looks to have lost that little bit of sharpness.

The fact that he has to start every game exposes the mistake we made in the summer transfer window.

At what point can we give him a rest?

Reactions: DTA
He needs to pull out of the England squad and have a nice rest....................but he wont.
He dont need a rest. He needs to get a couple of weeks with good training. His fitness isnt up were it was last season, and Harry needs to be 100 % to perform. It should be an honour to represent England, and Harry is a humble guy. He wont pull out. But for Spurs it's a shame. Two weeks of full training now would be perfect for him.

Great stats. So do we know who among the leading PL scorers has the best offside stats, so we can compare?

Well here's how the most recent Golden Boot winners stack up...

Tevez 2006-12: offside 126 times (14574 minutes played) = 115.7 mins per offside
Aguero 2011-15: offside 101 times (9139 minutes played) = 90.5 mins per offside
van Persie 2006-15: offside 198 times (17886 minutes played) = 90.3 per offside
Costa 2014-15: offside 29 times (2605 minutes played) = 89.8 mins per offside
Drogba 2006-15: offside 171 times (13887 minutes played) = 81.2 mins per offside
Anelka 2006-14: offside 184 times (13959 minutes played) = 75.9 minutes per offside
Suarez 2010-14: offside 131 times (9556 minutes played) = 72.9 mins per offside
Berbatov 2006-12: offside 181 times (13038 minutes played) = 72.0 mins per offside

Well here's how the most recent Golden Boot winners stack up...

Tevez 2006-12: offside 126 times (14574 minutes played) = 115.7 mins per offside
Aguero 2011-15: offside 101 times (9139 minutes played) = 90.5 mins per offside
van Persie 2006-15: offside 198 times (17886 minutes played) = 90.3 per offside
Costa 2014-15: offside 29 times (2605 minutes played) = 89.8 mins per offside
Drogba 2006-15: offside 171 times (13887 minutes played) = 81.2 mins per offside
Anelka 2006-14: offside 184 times (13959 minutes played) = 75.9 minutes per offside
Suarez 2010-14: offside 131 times (9556 minutes played) = 72.9 mins per offside
Berbatov 2006-12: offside 181 times (13038 minutes played) = 72.0 mins per offside
Wow, thank you Steve. So contrary to perceptions of some on here, at 84 mins per offside, our boy is right up there with the very best (5th) in offside avoidance.

Respect!

Interesting and if those figures below are correct for Defoe then in his two lots of games it was

offside 261 times, ( 14816 minutes played = 56 mins per offside.

Now that kind of makes a myth of all those who bitched about him always being offside. Because it looks from all the fiqures quoted here that he has the least offsides.

Well, well well who would have thought. :rolleyes:

Back