• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

the fault of Spurs, not England

Yes Spurs can ask for Kane to be excused, but is that what the player himself wants? Maybe he wants to go away with England

England chose to take him to the youth tournament this summer. Taking someone that was just about guaranteed to start every PL game he was fit for, in a CL chasing side, and significantly cutting his pre-season and preparation for the tournament. Apparently the experience from that youth tournament is better for his development than the experience of being a PL forward for Spurs with a proper pre-season behind him.

Or rather. Short term results for the u21 national team is more important for the coaches of said national youth team than actual player development I think.

Said it before, I'll say it again. We're one of very very few teams actually producing good young English players at the moment. The "top 4" certainly aren't doing so, although they do sign a couple (and mostly stick them on the bench). Everton, Southampton and a couple more clubs deserve credit too, but we're leading the pack. FA representatives should be sending Levy free hookers and blow on a weekly basis and have their youth coaches down at our training ground learning from us. And stay out of our fudging way when we ask them to.

because of what Poch demands, Kane runs himself into the ground every game as the lone centre forward. He really is selfless

thats why its almost criminal not to have someone decent to step in for him or partner him and take some of the burden off the lad. I just hope this pressure doesnt ruin him long term

Son is that player I suppose. As seen with him starting up front in the one EL game he was fit for. Injuries to him, Bentaleb, Mason and Dembele has meant added pressure on some of our other young players.

England chose to take him to the youth tournament this summer. Taking someone that was just about guaranteed to start every PL game he was fit for, in a CL chasing side, and significantly cutting his pre-season and preparation for the tournament. Apparently the experience from that youth tournament is better for his development than the experience of being a PL forward for Spurs with a proper pre-season behind him.

Or rather. Short term results for the u21 national team is more important for the coaches of said national youth team than actual player development I think.

Said it before, I'll say it again. We're one of very very few teams actually producing good young English players at the moment. The "top 4" certainly aren't doing so, although they do sign a couple (and mostly stick them on the bench). Everton, Southampton and a couple more clubs deserve credit too, but we're leading the pack. FA representatives should be sending Levy free hookers and blow on a weekly basis and have their youth coaches down at our training ground learning from us. And stay out of our fudgeing way when we ask them to.

Son is that player I suppose. As seen with him starting up front in the one EL game he was fit for. Injuries to him, Bentaleb, Mason and Dembele has meant added pressure on some of our other young players.

Son is not an ideal back up for Kane imo, but yeah its unlucky that even he is injured right now

The final decision to go to that under 21 tournament was left to Harry, Spurs and England left it to him. He chose to go. Like everyone else he probably assumed Spurs wouldnt be so stupid to go into the new season with just him as the centre forward.

Harry would have had plenty of time to gradually join up with us if we had signed someone in the summer

Reactions: DTA
Son is not an ideal back up for Kane imo, but yeah its unlucky that even he is injured right now

The final decision to go to that under 21 tournament was left to Harry, Spurs and England left it to him. He chose to go. Like everyone else he probably assumed Spurs wouldnt be so stupid to go into the new season with just him as the centre forward.

Harry would have had plenty of time to gradually join up with us if we had signed someone in the summer

England left it up to him? They made it perfectly clear that they were desperate for him to join up with them and that they expected him to do as much from what I remember. Spurs can really only do so much when England are putting the pressure on Kane to join up with them. Or they risk looking like the big bad wolf who denied Kane and England the chance for that fantastic u21 glory... Particularly when the England youth setup started playing the media game on this.

You really would have wanted to see Kane introduced gradually this season? We pick up 2-3 points from our opening 3-4 games with Kane only being introduced slowly and a newly signed striker starting game after game and you're all "yeah, Pochettino is doing the right thing giving Kane plenty of time"?

England left it up to him? They made it perfectly clear that they were desperate for him to join up with them and that they expected him to do as much from what I remember. Spurs can really only do so much when England are putting the pressure on Kane to join up with them. Or they risk looking like the big bad wolf who denied Kane and England the chance for that fantastic u21 glory... Particularly when the England youth setup started playing the media game on this.

You really would have wanted to see Kane introduced gradually this season? We pick up 2-3 points from our opening 3-4 games with Kane only being introduced slowly and a newly signed striker starting game after game and you're all "yeah, Pochettino is doing the right thing giving Kane plenty of time"?

yes the final decision was left to Harry, at the time Poch said it and so did England

how many points did we pick up from our opening 3-4 games with Harry as our only striker?

yes the final decision was left to Harry, at the time Poch said it and so did England

how many points did we pick up from our opening 3-4 games with Harry as our only striker?

So if Spurs really thought the best thing for Harry and us would be for him not to go you would expect the club to state that outright in the media? I really think that would have been a PR-nightmare. Can just imagine the journalists getting their hands on that in the off-season... You really think England just left it up to Kane and didn't put any pressure on him and us? Really?

We didn't pick up as many points as I wanted us to, or as many points as we deserved based on our performances. What I'm saying is that if Pochettino had done what you're now suggesting and the results hadn't been good you know there would have been big complaints from plenty of posters on here. Had Harry then not delivered when introduced slowly the complaints would just have been amplified. I think you know that just as well as I do.

After a few games where we all picked up on a slight over-selfishness from Harry i felt today like the pendulum swung a bit too far the other way and he attempted to pass when the shot was a better option. Maybe he had read something or something was said.

Interesting how Spurs fans are all discussing hows, whys and wherefores with Kane whilst other fans on other boards are convinced he was a one season wonder.

Its correct now to say most of us are convinced he's the real thing? ie a (prem/English cups) 20goals+ a season forward?

So if Spurs really thought the best thing for Harry and us would be for him not to go you would expect the club to state that outright in the media? I really think that would have been a PR-nightmare. Can just imagine the journalists getting their hands on that in the off-season... You really think England just left it up to Kane and didn't put any pressure on him and us? Really?

We didn't pick up as many points as I wanted us to, or as many points as we deserved based on our performances. What I'm saying is that if Pochettino had done what you're now suggesting and the results hadn't been good you know there would have been big complaints from plenty of posters on here. Had Harry then not delivered when introduced slowly the complaints would just have been amplified. I think you know that just as well as I do.

Spurs didnt have to state anything to the media. They could have said to Harry in private that he was forbidden to go to the tournament. If Harry was playing for United under Ferguson thats what would have happened. However we decided to leave it up to Harry

anyway the media make up stuff about Spurs and write plenty of negative things so it would have been nothing new to deal with.

I dont think Poch cares what fans say in the stands or on message boards......as a manager all he cares about is his job, staff and his players. Im sure he hoped to have a striker in the summer and to give Harry time to integrate into the side. That is his style/way. He doesnt like to push players into the team when they are not physically ready

After a few games where we all picked up on a slight over-selfishness from Harry i felt today like the pendulum swung a bit too far the other way and he attempted to pass when the shot was a better option. Maybe he had read something or something was said.

Interesting how Spurs fans are all discussing hows, whys and wherefores with Kane whilst other fans on other boards are convinced he was a one season wonder.

Its correct now to say most of us are convinced he's the real thing? ie a (prem/English cups) 20goals+ a season forward?

I think it's all just a narrative people are trying to fit to what they're seeing.

He had plenty of "selfish" moments last season when he was scoring every week. He had plenty of unselfish moments last season too. It's close decisions and he sometimes makes mistakes. He had plenty of games last season where the ball wouldn't quite stick to him, and situations in and around the box where the ball got stuck under his foot a bit too often.

Not much between his performances this season and last season. He's put the ball in the back of the net 3 times this season, all whilst in offside positions. Whereas coincidence has it the non-offside situations just won't go in for him at the moment. It will absolutely change though, because he is absolutely the real deal.

Play him, keep playing him and keep trusting him. He will turn it around. If he's still not scoring come March... Play him, keep playing him and keep trusting him.

Spurs didnt have to state anything to the media. They could have said to Harry in private that he was forbidden to go to the tournament. If Harry was playing for United under Ferguson thats what would have happened. However we decided to leave it up to Harry

anyway the media make up stuff about Spurs and write plenty of negative things so it would have been nothing new to deal with.

I dont think Poch cares what fans say in the stands or on message boards......as a manager all he cares about is his job, staff and his players. Im sure he hoped to have a striker in the summer and to give Harry time to integrate into the side. That is his style/way. He doesnt like to push players into the team when they are not physically ready

Ferguson had a position in England and with the media that let him get away with a ton of stuff very few other clubs/managers would get away with. And he was frequently tinklesed off at various international teams for playing his players without him being able to change every situation. Your "if Ferguson" argument seems way too simplistic to me.

How can you be sure? If anything what we've seen with Pochettino is that he often gives new signings time to integrate into the side. And he played Kane plenty last season too. I think he surprised a lot of people with how few players he rotated/rested against Monaco... But of course you're sure about his intentions in a hypothetical situation we'll never know the answer to.... I give up.

Ferguson had a position in England and with the media that let him get away with a ton of stuff very few other clubs/managers would get away with. And he was frequently tinklesed off at various international teams for playing his players without him being able to change every situation. Your "if Ferguson" argument seems way too simplistic to me.

How can you be sure? If anything what we've seen with Pochettino is that he often gives new signings time to integrate into the side. And he played Kane plenty last season too. I think he surprised a lot of people with how few players he rotated/rested against Monaco... But of course you're sure about his intentions in a hypothetical situation we'll never know the answer to.... I give up.

why are you being so arsey? im just a fan saying we should have had a decent back up for Harry signed in the summer and not have been so reliant on him, and its just my opinion that maybe Poch felt the same. Is that such a friggin crime?

in the meantime, yeah lets just keep flogging the horse that is Harry

im out too

why are you being so arsey? im just a fan saying we should have had a decent back up for Harry signed in the summer and not have been so reliant on him, and its just my opinion that maybe Poch felt the same. Is that such a friggin crime?

in the meantime, yeah lets just keep flogging the horse that is Harry

im out too

I'm being arsey because it seems to me that the club is really doing a lot of great work. We're trusting in young players, we're not hopping on the transfer carousel looking for the next shiny toy soon to be discared, we're not bloating our squad with overpaid mercenaries. We're actually working patiently and methodically towards something good. If we find the right player we're willing to pay up, but we're not going to pay over the odds and we're going not going to sign someone just to sign someone to be cover. We're actually trusting young talented players and we have a coach capable of deeloping and integrating them. We've gone through huge changes in a very short period of time and some areas are still not fully sorted out, of course they're not, but we've taken huge steps in the right direction instead of threating water or moving backwards.

Said it in another thread, but even Gary Neville is noticing that something good is happening at Spurs. This is the Gary Neville that has (probably correctly) called us soft either in the media or behind closed doors for over a decade now. What does it take for him to change his mind on us?

But despite our good work there's just so much complaining going on... I feel that being arsey is the most apt response to that. Frankly in response to repeated complaints about our transfer dealings when we've made this kind of progress we have in the last 18 months being arsey is me holding back out of politeness.

That own goal clearance was shocking, thought he looked devoid of confidence after that.

I'm certain he'll come good and score plenty goals this season, but yesterday was the first time to me this season he looked like he was doubting his own ability - which is a bit worrying. Especially once in the second half where he made space for himself and had the opportunity to smash it with his left foot - instead he took a few extra touches and passed it on. That's a confidence thing to me, last season he would have buried it in the bottom corner.

Let's hope the England games will ease the pressure he feels to score more for us, and that he'll get another goal or two - without tiring too much. And then hopefully a lucky break or two against Pool, which I think will be enough to get him going. After all its the final touches and goals he's struggling with, not his overall play, which has been good for the most part this season.

I also think everyone, Harry included, knew it would be much harder for him this season. Now he's our recognised main threat, our clinical goalscorer, who I'm sure every defender study before they face us. It was always going to be more difficult for him and he was always going to have to learn to cope with the added pressure and attention. Maybe it's just a case of that taking a little longer than everyone thought it would take.

I think he'll be fine, and I'm certainly not panicking yet.

I'm being arsey because it seems to me that the club is really doing a lot of great work. We're trusting in young players, we're not hopping on the transfer carousel looking for the next shiny toy soon to be discared, we're not bloating our squad with overpaid mercenaries. We're actually working patiently and methodically towards something good. If we find the right player we're willing to pay up, but we're not going to pay over the odds and we're going not going to sign someone just to sign someone to be cover. We're actually trusting young talented players and we have a coach capable of deeloping and integrating them. We've gone through huge changes in a very short period of time and some areas are still not fully sorted out, of course they're not, but we've taken huge steps in the right direction instead of threating water or moving backwards.

Said it in another thread, but even Gary Neville is noticing that something good is happening at Spurs. This is the Gary Neville that has (probably correctly) called us soft either in the media or behind closed doors for over a decade now. What does it take for him to change his mind on us?

But despite our good work there's just so much complaining going on... I feel that being arsey is the most apt response to that. Frankly in response to repeated complaints about our transfer dealings when we've made this kind of progress we have in the last 18 months being arsey is me holding back out of politeness.

You can agree with most or all of that, but also complain about the incompetence it is to have only one striker in the squad. Thats not Harrys fault but he is paying the price for it.... and thats when we are having good/ok results if the results were worse harry would be starting to feel it more. I dont feel thats fair amount of pressure to put on his young shoulders.

Its not black and white as you suggest.... most are pleased with where the club are going AND also can see that we have fudged up by not getting a recognised (capable) alternative to Kane.

i agree with all you say, i think i liked one of your posts in another thread regarding the above, but as this is the Harry Kane thread and people here are talking about Harry, his lack of goals, the fact that he looks jaded, that he has a huge workload on his shoulders leading the line as the lone forward in a 4-2-3-1 formation, that he has to play every minute of every game for us because we dont have anyone to come off the bench to help him or replace him, I think its perfectly normal to express a little frustration that we didnt manage to find that back up in the summer......i didnt blame anyone, call anyone out, just that I feel sorry for the guy having to carry the whole burden on his shoulders.

I think that Spurs have done Kane no favours. I think he is jaded and because of that he isn't as sharp as he should be, which means he isn't finding the net as often as we expect which is denting his confidence. The problem is that we simply can't give him a rest. Whether he needs one to recharge his batteries or he needs one because he is out of form we do not have a single other player in the squad who looks like he is suited to playing as the lone number 9.

Unfortunately Kane is probably going to have to play two games a week until January and I'm not sure that is the best thing for his long term future.

Reactions: DTA
With the likes of Rooney, Sturridge, Walnutt, Ings and the in-form Vardy all available you would hope Woy will have clocked that now is absolutely the right time to give Harry a well-earned rest.

Edit: just spotted Sturridge has withdrawn from the squad - bullocks!

With the likes of Rooney, Sturridge, Walnutt, Ings and the in-form Vardy all available you would hope Woy will have clocked that now is absolutely the right time to give Harry a well-earned rest.

Edit: just spotted Sturridge has withdrawn from the squad - bullocks!

He was never called up

I have come to the conclusion that some are only happy if they're unhappy.

Back