• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Interesting and if those figures below are correct for Defoe then in his two lots of games it was

offside 261 times, ( 14816 minutes played = 56 mins per offside.

Now that kind of makes a myth of all those who bitched about him always being offside. Because it looks from all the fiqures quoted here that he has the least offsides.

Well, well well who would have thought. :rolleyes:
:confused: Um .. then one of us must reading these figures completely the wrong way round. Because the way I read it these figure make him the worst, not the best. :eek:

To be fair to Defoe, he wasn't much more frequently offside in a Spurs shirt than Berbatov; perhaps Fergie could've coached the habit out of him...

Defoe 2007-08 at Portsmouth: 47 times (2557 minutes played) = 54.4mins per offside
Defoe 2004-14 at Tottenham: 261 times (14816 minutes played) = 56.8mins per offside
Berbatov 2006-08 at Tottenham: 99 times (5701 minutes played) = 57.6mins per offside
Berbatov 2008-12 at ManU: 82 times (7337 minutes played) = 89.5mins per offside
Berbatov 2012-14 at Fulham: 57 times (4407 minutes played) = 77.3mins per offside

At least us Spurs fans will be a tad more forgiving than after his last og, against Sunderland around a year ago, thanks to his exploits at the other end during the intervening months.

looks slow and off the pace, hope he doesn't travel with England and has a break instead

Poch has to get him to withdraw from eng - looked crap today - sluggish and poor

Make up an injury

Poch has to get him to withdraw from eng - looked crap today - sluggish and poor

Make up an injury

but why, he is brilliant for England

what Poch has to do is make sure he brings in a proper centre forward in Jan to back up Harry

Give the lad 2 weeks off, we should never have sent him to Australia for the pre season, and delayed his start to the season.

I am a big fan of poch but he needs to rotate more.

Kane was fine when he took one or tow touches

Once he tried more he always ran into trouble and invariably lost it

That's confidence combined with possibly arrogance as an issue IMO

Because he is tired, jaded and needs a break.

Send him to Dubai for 4 days next week. He is fudgeed

the fault of Spurs, not England

Yes Spurs can ask for Kane to be excused, but is that what the player himself wants? Maybe he wants to go away with England

because of what Poch demands, Kane runs himself into the ground every game as the lone centre forward. He really is selfless

thats why its almost criminal not to have someone decent to step in for him or partner him and take some of the burden off the lad. I just hope this pressure doesnt ruin him long term

Reactions: DTA
because of what Poch demands, Kane runs himself into the ground every game as the lone centre forward. He really is selfless

thats why its almost criminal not to have someone decent to step in for him or partner him and take some of the burden off the lad. I just hope this pressure doesnt ruin him long term

Don't agree - his work rate and selfishness is awful at the minute - he looks knackered and quite franky fudge england

Don't agree - his work rate and selfishness is awful at the minute - he looks knackered and quite franky fudge england

his work rate is awful? maybe because he is knackered?

i agree with you that id rather he took a break now, but it doesnt work like that does it. If he is not injured England will demand he joins the squad

Inevitable analysis going on...I think it's pretty simple. The man is suffering in front of (the opposition!) goal. Bad luck. Split-second timing off. He is learning to play through it, work through it and come out the other side, like ALL class strikers do. He will be back and as good as gold. I thought he put in a great shift again today, and you could see he really wanted to make amends. But he is suffering decision-wise, which happens with confidence. One time early second-half, the trigger was there to be pulled and he held on for the pass, another time the pass was on and he opted to shoot. I am sure Hodgson and Poch will discuss his involvement in the England set-up, there again, perhaps his confidence will take an almighty knock if he is 'rested'. Let's just support him, that's my view anyway.

I think he's unlucky not to have a few more goals this season. And if he had a few more under his belt, he'd have a bit more of a spring in his step, leading to more goals...etc. What he needs is a bit of luck, but I don't think there's much wrong with how he's playing. He made the keeper work today. It will come right for him, just leave him to it.

Back