• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I'm going to make a huge sweeping generalisation here but some of the non-white skinned pundits seem to be better pundits (better spoken)...

Ian Wright, David James, Jermaine Jenas, Robbie Earle, Ruud Gullit, Shaka Hislop, Clarke Carlisle to name a few.

I actually mentioned it some years ago that we could be recruiting this minority as managers but the best seem to go into media for some reason!

What has skin colour got to do with anything?

I think the majority of ex-footballers don't end up there tbf, many do though. But why bring up skin colour?

I don't think it was brought up in the right way.
But it does bring up an interesting question - are black managers ( ie management quality) more likely to go into the media than management? There has been an argument about a lack of black managers, could this be the reason? And if so, why?

I don't think it was brought up in the right way.
But it does bring up an interesting question - are black managers ( ie management quality) more likely to go into the media than management? There has been an argument about a lack of black managers, could this be the reason? And if so, why?
Or could it be the other way round, ie, they're going into the media because as some have suggested they're coming up against a glass wall into management?

Or going into media because they have quotas to fill? Yes you BBC.
I don't think anybody really cares about this guff, do we really sit watching the footie waiting on the white pundit or black pundit to give their views because one is better than the other due to their skin colour? You are either good at something or bad at it, skin colour, race, religion has sod all to do with it.
That panel that sit on sky when they have no live footie are all fools to a man. Does that make all white men fools? No.
Jenas and Wright are pretty good, does that make all black pundits good? No, gullit is pretty stinky IMV.
It's nothing to do with it.

I'm going to make a huge sweeping generalisation here but some of the non-white skinned pundits seem to be better pundits (better spoken)...

Ian Wright, David James, Jermaine Jenas, Robbie Earle, Ruud Gullit, Shaka Hislop, Clarke Carlisle to name a few.

I actually mentioned it some years ago that we could be recruiting this minority as managers but the best seem to go into media for some reason!

Jesus christ......where to start?

I think to refer to Clark Carlisle as one of the better pundits is astounding. You have the right to your opinion but the majority had their right to theirs and they used it to vote in the nazis so it's not always the best in that sense.

Do you have a chart in terms of skin tone on the x and quality of pundit on the y or something? I don't get the point you're trying to make and Clarke Carlisle is fudging dreadful.

Jesus christ......where to start?

I think to refer to Clark Carlisle as one of the better pundits is astounding. You have the right to your opinion but the majority had their right to theirs and they used it to vote in the nazis so it's not always the best in that sense.

Do you have a chart in terms of skin tone on the x and quality of pundit on the y or something? I don't get the point you're trying to make and Clarke Carlisle is fudgeing dreadful.

What the same Carlise who thinks he knows everything and will talk and talk until others start to believe him? I used to think Townsend was bad but Carlise beats him hands down.

Ian Wright, the man who responded to the question 'Was Stephen Gerard right to dive for that penatly' when playing for England with 'Why not, everyone else does it to us?' is a good pundit? Come on.............

I assume you're replying to me, can't agree with that statement as I abhor diving, but yes I think Wright talks a lot of sense. His delivery leaves s lot to be desired and in the little I've watched of him doing England games he really does come across as a clown. I much prefer him to shearer who to me is whining git with definite favourites. Each to their own and all that, it is supposed to be entertaining after all.

Collymore ... has to be one of the worst. Love the passion but sometimes wonder if the lights are on

Firstly apologies if this thread appears to be hijacked due to my post. Secondly apologies again as my controversial post was a tad lazy to my opinion (working both my current and new job on half the resource - an excuse but I fell asleep after I posted). I will post tomorrow when on my day off but I should have talked about eloquence more-so and why that isn't translating itself to the dug-out.

Right, eyes are already getting heavy and still in my suit...

Collymore ... has to be one of the worst. Love the passion but sometimes wonder if the lights are on
I don't hear much of collymore but anytime I do I always think he's playing two parts, the good cop and bad cope. He can fro very sensible to extremely dumb in three words. It's like that post above, good and insightful about Spurs, then junk about Brendon.

Not too many good pundits about really.

My brick list - Henry, Owen, Redknapp, Townsend, Shearer, Gullit, Townsend, Lawerenson, Houghton, Merson, Carlise, Collymore, Wright
My meh list - Earle, Carragher, Murphy
My hmm list - Neville, Hoddle, Jenas, Keane (for the entertainment value)

That
That show he does on Talksport with Saggers is just noise, really poor radio. one talking over the top of the other! Its funny its so bad

Very pleased he got his first goal.

Anyone else noticed he's offside quite frequently though? Even his goal was offside.
He's been caught in two a lot recently, the first goal on Saturday is a good example, sees walker pass him, thinks pass it, hesitates, wondering if he can work a brick for himself, then passes. By then walker is offside. Hopefully with the monkey off his back he can get back to his natural game.

Back