• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

1) . we should not sell him as we will never be able to keep a decent player if we do,

2). His wages are relatively low - say we think he is a 20 M striker, I reckon as the - we sell him for 50M buy a 30m player and can't afford his wages

1) . we should not sell him as we will never be able to keep a decent player if we do,
That's not how it works. Kane is 21 years old and has played well for 8 months of his career. If someone is stupid enough to pay £50m for someone as raw and unproven as he is, then it would be even dumber to not even consider that kind of money. It wouldn't mean we would never hold on to a good player again, it would mean we're not filthy rich. We're not, and we can't afford being stupid.

Then again, I do agree with the general sentiment on here. He's potentially a player we can build our team around and become a serious contender for a spot in the Champions League again, and I think we would risk having to do a Soldado and pay over the top money for an unproven player if we were to sell. That said, give me Benteke and a 20-25m profit any day. That won't happen though.

That's not how it works. Kane is 21 years old and has played well for 8 months of his career. If someone is stupid enough to pay £50m for someone as raw and unproven as he is, then it would be even dumber to not even consider that kind of money. It wouldn't mean we would never hold on to a good player again, it would mean we're not filthy rich. We're not, and we can't afford being stupid.

Then again, I do agree with the general sentiment on here. He's potentially a player we can build our team around and become a serious contender for a spot in the Champions League again, and I think we would risk having to do a Soldado and pay over the top money for an unproven player if we were to sell. That said, give me Benteke and a 20-25m profit any day. That won't happen though.

The bit that's bolded, underlined and enlarged, is the part of your post I stopped reading, genuinely. Quite obviously you have not followed Kane throughout much (if any until recently) of his career, until the point that he has been the super hero on MOTD. I'm astounded in your blind and ignorant assumption which is clearly not based on any evidence whatsoever, I could spent a bit of time picking apart just your one statement here but it's not worth my time, and if you're going to make completely unfounded flimflam up like your first sentence it's not worth reading the rest. Fuuuucking hell. Made me laugh though so I do appreciate that!!!!

The bit that's bolded, underlined and enlarged, is the part of your post I stopped reading, genuinely. Quite obviously you have not followed Kane throughout much (if any until recently) of his career, until the point that he has been the super hero on MOTD. I'm astounded in your blind and ignorant assumption which is clearly not based on any evidence whatsoever, I could spent a bit of time picking apart just your one statement here but it's not worth my time, and if you're going to make completely unfounded hogwash up like your first sentence it's not worth reading the rest. Fuuuucking hell. Made me laugh though so I do appreciate that!!!!
Ah, the "I won't dignify that with a response"-response. Responding that you're not responding. Carry on.

All these people that are happy to take the money for Harry Kane seem unable to appreciate how difficult it has been over the years to get a striker capable of scoring 20 league goals a season. £26m Soldado failed to do it for us and so did £100K a week Adebayor. Kane on the other hand has scored 24 league goals in 45 matches, with a number of them being substitute appearances, and yet instead of arguing as to why we should fight to keep him or I hear is if they offer £50m it would be foolish not to take it.

There has been nothing in his game last season to indicate he is one a season wonder. He is good in the year and score from outside of the area with both feet. He is strong and skilful and is a surprising good dribbler and the only striekrs that you could even begin to argue were better than him in this league were proven world class strikers.

I wonder how many of you could name a proven 20 goal a season player that wants to come to Spurs? Heck Danny Ings looks as if he has a lot of potential and even he chose Liverpool over us. He has proven he has a solid all round game and I wonder.

As much as I want Benteke at Spurs I would not have him if it meant losing Kane for £50m. And apart from Benteke any other striker would probably mean someone from abroad. Now I have nothing against that but remember apart from Klinnsman none of our foreign strikers have ever done anything without some type of settling in period.

So no, I would not take the £50m

If Kane was to play a whole season in a side that was better than last season, and that team was to scrape 4th place and get in the Champions League, how much would that be worth to the club? A genuine question, coz I don't know. But it'd make a dent in that £50m wouldn't it?

Liverpool had a couple of goal machines upfront and almost won the league. Then they sold one, the other got injured, they bought Balotelli and Lambert and finished 6th.

All these people that are happy to take the money for Harry Kane seem unable to appreciate how difficult it has been over the years to get a striker capable of scoring 20 league goals a season.
So no, I would not take the £50m
I agree with your point about selling Kane with the intent of trying, at some level, to replace him. Its highly unlikely.

The only possible temptation i would have to sell Kane, based on the possibility of being a "one season wonder", is to stick his probably exaggerated fee on the stadium....assuming that really would help anyway.

Selling a 30 goal striker, to buy a cheaper 30 goal striker simply isnt going to happen. Its probably not going to happen trying to buy a 20 goal striker or even 15 goal striker for a small enough fee to be worthwhile selling Kanes "potential" and losing a chunk of his fee on the replacement.

@NaijaSpurs thats a perfectly valid viewpoint if you are convinced he isn't a one season wonder, I guess the "happy to take the money" people don't share your confidence

Anyone who thinks Kane is a one season wonder doesnt have a valid viewpoint.
He was a player physically transformed last season. The only thing that can stop him is a serious injury.

If you want to sell him now ... imagine what he would be worth if he kills it again next season?

If he flops next season, at the very least we have a striker that can score goals and only get better with time and patience.

What a beast, half a season and people are talking about a £40 mil+ deal for this lad.

Sell him now? Glad that you are not the Chairman ... however our chairman will probably flog him as well!

Harry is our new Bale in many ways. He is a marketing wet dream just like Bale was. From a pure financial standpoint we'd be mental to sell him.

Last edited:
@Gazza speaking for myself, I don't "want" to sell him, but I understand the logic in accepting a bid of way more than he is worth.

100% id be delighted if he was here this season, however i think 50mil is his top value, much like 80+ was the most bale would ever be worth (inflation aside).
Its not about being a selling club, Utd had to sell Ronaldo, and perhaps De Gea, Chelsea sold Luiz (albeit as mourinho didnt rate him). Every player has his price.

However if he went there has to be a plan, be it stadium, or to buy Benteke and LLorente for 25mil each (example not fact)

From a financial point of view

Any replacement would be on huge wages - we are lucky he has not tried to pull a Sturidge /Sterling. Even if he is on a huge goal bonus (over 15 goals per season etc -I would have done this) in order for him to sign with a low base we could not get a similar potential on this type of deal - you spend big bucks you pay big player wages. even if we get 50M for him the replacement would be in the mid 20's to match his wage level - do you think harry is worth more than mid 20's?

From a financial point of view

Any replacement would be on huge wages - we are lucky he has not tried to pull a Sturidge /Sterling. Even if he is on a huge goal bonus (over 15 goals per season etc -I would have done this) in order for him to sign with a low base we could not get a similar potential on this type of deal - you spend big bucks you pay big player wages. even if we get 50M for him the replacement would be in the mid 20's to match his wage level - do you think harry is worth more than mid 20's?

not necessarily, we just do what we've done before, spot an under appreciated youngster on low wages who bigger clubs have passed on, like Berbatov, Modric or Bale

obviously the question is who, well I don't know, but that's because it's not my trade, I'm sure the scouting system at Spurs can name 50 players with the same metric and mental profile from around the world who would be worth looking at

we can't compete at the top end so there is no point in trying

The type of signings you are talking about are in their very nature risky, otherwise the bigger clubs would not have passed them over, so we can't bank on these signings succeeding with any form of regularity

Back