• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

England manager Roy Hodgson has named Tottenham striker Harry Kane in his squad to face Lithuania and Italy at the end of the month.

Kane has scored 26 goals in 42 games this season. The 21-year-old is part of a 24-man squad alongside Tottenham team-mate Kyle Walker.

Walker returns to the national squad for the first time since November 2013.
Mixed emotions on this.

Pleased for, and proud of, Harry in getting the call up, but it would have been nice for him to see out the competition he's started in with the youth squad. I'm also concerned about him in the media circus/giant bowl of qunt that is the England team.

Im not sure why discussing where good players need to improve their game is such an issue for you - i want our players to be the best they can be and for the young players to improve all aspects of their game, as im sure those who work with them do and the player themselves.

Talking about what Kane/Eriksen/Lloris et all can do to become even better for us is a worthy discussion imv

Because for a lot of people here (not all), discussing a player = calling them brick

Its childish to an extreme some days, I would happily have a conversation on improvements that Kane/Eriksen/Lloris/Bentlaeb could make to their game, but often its "I don't care what he did last week, he had a mare, he's brick, I said so 14 months ago, I'm right, yay"

Mixed emotions on this.

Pleased for, and proud of, Harry in getting the call up, but it would have been nice for him to see out the competition he's started in with the youth squad. I'm also concerned about him in the media circus/giant bowl of qunt that is the England team.

Yep, absolutely Kane's next big challenge, survive the media circus that is England.

Can you imagine if he scored a brace/hatrick in one of those games, he'll be the next savior that will win England the WC ..

Club needs to help him big time, talk to him.

Yep, absolutely Kane's next big challenge, survive the media circus that is England.

Can you imagine if he scored a brace/hatrick in one of those games, he'll be the next savior that will win England the WC ..

Fortunately he comes across as a young man with his feet on the ground and his head firmly on his shoulders and not up in the air

Because for a lot of people here (not all), discussing a player = calling them crud

Its childish to an extreme some days, I would happily have a conversation on improvements that Kane/Eriksen/Lloris/Bentlaeb could make to their game, but often its "I don't care what he did last week, he had a mare, he's crud, I said so 14 months ago, I'm right, yay"

That can definitley be true at times on this board but in this instance it seems to me as though you've taken exception to legitimate even handed criticisim of some parts of our best players game...

Fortunately he comes across as a young man with his feet on the ground and his head firmly on his shoulders and not up in the air

The English media circus can destroy you. Most players (but not all) start humble and grounded but fame, wealth and the English media can change all that very quickly. Lets hope this doesnt happen to Kane.

Mixed emotions on this.

Agreed. Applause for Kane, but ambivalent about this.

In a way I think we should have asked England to make a choice. Do you want him in the senior squad or the youth squad? If you want him for the youth tournament this summer at least give him this international break off to prevent burnout. If you want him for this senior squad at least give him the summer off.

Because for a lot of people here (not all), discussing a player = calling them crud

Its childish to an extreme some days, I would happily have a conversation on improvements that Kane/Eriksen/Lloris/Bentlaeb could make to their game, but often its "I don't care what he did last week, he had a mare, he's crud, I said so 14 months ago, I'm right, yay"

If that happens then surely calling it out is fine...

If that didn't happen here why react negatively to others trying to have the conversation you yourself would be happy to have?

if there is anyone that will be able to cope with that its Kane.....the geezer is so down to earth

Agreed. Applause for Kane, but ambivalent about this.

In a way I think we should have asked England to make a choice. Do you want him in the senior squad or the youth squad? If you want him for the youth tournament this summer at least give him this international break off to prevent burnout. If you want him for this senior squad at least give him the summer off.

Assuming the England team has half a brain, the approach should be

- Give gain his full International debut, he's completely earned it
- Speak to him, explain he is needed for summer u21, don't pick him for any more full senior games after this one until post summer

Can't see them being that logical however.

Only half caught Hodgson's comments on the radio but it sounded like he was saying he's left out certain players like Berahino and Danny Ings in order for them to be fresh for U21 championships in the summer. Think he said it's more important for those players to train with the U21 squad in preparation for the finals tournament being hosted by the Czech Republic.

Had me wondering whether he's therefore intent on keeping Harry away from the U21 tournament because he wants him need for the senior squad's Euro qualifiers in summer. The U21s championship commences a week after the first team's qualifiers in June.

Whilst in some ways it would be great if Harry could play in both competitions the last thing we want is for him to suffer burn out as a result. Hopefully Hodgson agrees.

26C55EBD00000578-3002325-image-a-80_1426768326271.jpg

Meanwhile ... on Tim-World - via BBC rolling sports thingummy

"
16:29

Tottenham wanted to get rid of England new boy Harry Kane in January 2014, only for Tim Sherwood to step in and keep him at White Hart Lane - reckons the ex-Spurs boss.

Sherwood, now in charge of Aston Villa, says the 21-year-old deserves his call-up to Roy Hodgson's squad after scoring 26 goals this season.

"It is great that I resisted the temptation to let him move on in January 2014," claims Sherwood.

"There were people at the club who wanted to bring in another striker and sacrifice Harry Kane - but I wouldn't allow it.

"It took him time to win over the fans - they love him now and rightly so. I'm delighted for Harry.

"

Meanwhile ... on Tim-World - via BBC rolling sports thingummy

"
16:29

Tottenham wanted to get rid of England new boy Harry Kane in January 2014, only for Tim Sherwood to step in and keep him at White Hart Lane - reckons the ex-Spurs boss.

Sherwood, now in charge of Aston Villa, says the 21-year-old deserves his call-up to Roy Hodgson's squad after scoring 26 goals this season.

"It is great that I resisted the temptation to let him move on in January 2014," claims Sherwood.

"There were people at the club who wanted to bring in another striker and sacrifice Harry Kane - but I wouldn't allow it.

"It took him time to win over the fans - they love him now and rightly so. I'm delighted for Harry.

"

In another report Tim tells us that he controls Harry with a tiny remote control device that he invented, designed and installed via revolutionary keyhole surgery that he himself pioneered and scores all his goals for him.

In another report Tim tells us that he controls Harry with a tiny remote control device that he invented, designed and installed via revolutionary keyhole surgery that he himself pioneered and scores all his goals for him.
Like he did for SAS when they won him that title?

I hate to call him obsessed when he is probably just anwering the questions asked of him, but he does love to have a go at Levy and Baldini. Heck he even had a dig at Poch back when he was just being a pundit, though two weeks late he was singing his praises.

Assuming the England team has half a brain, the approach should be

- Give gain his full International debut, he's completely earned it
- Speak to him, explain he is needed for summer u21, don't pick him for any more full senior games after this one until post summer

Can't see them being that logical however.

He is "needed for the u21 tournament"?

I don't get that at all. Youth football should always be about developing players, not about putting the team first to try to win trophies.

Back