• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Aside from the two finishes does everyone think he actually played that well in the NLD? Others certainly did, I'm thinking Bentaleb given how well we controlled midfield but seriously are we not getting carried away in terms of Kane's performance? I hope he keeps on scoring and reaches 20 league goals (30 in total) as well as getting an England call up but of that six minute video I couldn't say I saw many moments of brilliance aside from the two finishes.

Aside from the two finishes does everyone think he actually played that well in the NLD? Others certainly did, I'm thinking Bentaleb given how well we controlled midfield but seriously are we not getting carried away in terms of Kane's performance? I hope he keeps on scoring and reaches 20 league goals (30 in total) as well as getting an England call up but of that six minute video I couldn't say I saw many moments of brilliance aside from the two finishes.

If he continues to score as many goals as he does, I don't care if he doesn't add any more. Besides which, he does contribute with telling passes and the ability to run at opposition defences which helps to open up space for his team mates.

WTF! Unbelievable that any Spurs fan would want to criticise Harry after his two goals against the scum. Perhaps you'd rather we'd started Sold-a-dud-o instead.

WTF! Unbelievable that any Spurs fan would want to criticise Harry after his two goals against the scum. Perhaps you'd rather we'd started Sold-a-dud-o instead.

I think you should read AD's post once more. Perhaps imagining him writing those words calmly and in a reflected manner as a Spurs fan as you do so.

I thought that aside form scoring the goals that won us the game he played really well. He pressed the Goon defenders, he made intelligent runs, he never gave up, he kept our tempo going, he tracked back.

I think you should read AD's post once more. Perhaps imagining him writing those words calmly and in a reflected manner as a Spurs fan as you do so.
H'mm. That post is at best confusing, would you not agree? I still find it can be just as easily understood to mean the opposite of what you have pulled from it.

H'mm. That post is at best confusing, would you not agree? I still find it can be just as easily understood to mean the opposite of what you have pulled from it.

I wasn't really confused by it at all. Seems to me pretty obvious that he thought Kane had two excellent finishes, but that otherwise his performance was a bit "meh". Seems a perfectly fair and legitimate opinion to me. Nothing that hasn't been said in the past about players like Bale and Eriksen. Nothing that isn't said even about world class players from time to time.

I wasn't really confused by it at all. Seems to me pretty obvious that he thought Kane had two excellent finishes, but that otherwise his performance was a bit "meh". Seems a perfectly fair and legitimate opinion to me. Nothing that hasn't been said in the past about players like Bale and Eriksen. Nothing that isn't said even about world class players from time to time.
Bully for you.

Striker scores two goals in game (and 26 in season) but is a bit meh?

Honestly, sure it wasn't meant in the way people will take it, but really Kane has already exceeded Bale's (world's most expensive player) best season output, what can any Spur's fan realistically expect above what Kane has already delivered?

Honestly, sure it wasn't meant in the way people will take it, but really Kane has already exceeded Bale's (world's most expensive player) best season output, what can any Spur's fan realistically expect above what Kane has already delivered?

Quite so.

I've seen Kane produce far better all round performances against other teams, I'm merely making an observation of the 6 minute youtube clip where it showed his key moments in the game (plus I obviously watched the game live). Such as the curling shot which looked to be creeping in early on. Chasing down defenders is admirable work which i'm delighted he's willing to do, seemingly without instruction. He runs the whole game despite pace not being one of his attributes. His first touch is excellent, not quite Berbatovesque but much better than Adebayor's or Soldado's. He is a thinking footballer who possesses an eye for a pass, and not always the obvious pass.

As much as anyone I don't want this to be a one of season and the quantity of goals has been spectacular but that doesn't mean I'm ready to sit back and rest on laurels, and neither should Kane. He can keep improving aspects of his game and become a world beater, I sincerely hope this.

I was simply pointing out that the aspects of his game (two goals) aside could be improved upon and unfortunately this team needs improvement and if I was Poch, I wouldn't be letting anyone off the hook when it comes down to communicating this. Especially after performances like last Sunday's.

our attacking midfield play is still very inconsistent and can be woeful at times. it is just too easy to mark out kane and deny him the ball/space when our midfield cannot start pulling the strings.

the team is VERY young and therefore needs time to learn and grow together, but really there are others like chadli and eriksen and verts who need to be questioned first, and a few more before we bring the inquisition to Kane.

I've seen Kane produce far better all round performances against other teams, I'm merely making an observation of the 6 minute youtube clip where it showed his key moments in the game (plus I obviously watched the game live). Such as the curling shot which looked to be creeping in early on. Chasing down defenders is admirable work which i'm delighted he's willing to do, seemingly without instruction. He runs the whole game despite pace not being one of his attributes. His first touch is excellent, not quite Berbatovesque but much better than Adebayor's or Soldado's. He is a thinking footballer who possesses an eye for a pass, and not always the obvious pass.

As much as anyone I don't want this to be a one of season and the quantity of goals has been spectacular but that doesn't mean I'm ready to sit back and rest on laurels, and neither should Kane. He can keep improving aspects of his game and become a world beater, I sincerely hope this.

I was simply pointing out that the aspects of his game (two goals) aside could be improved upon and unfortunately this team needs improvement and if I was Poch, I wouldn't be letting anyone off the hook when it comes down to communicating this. Especially after performances like last Sunday's.

I checked back on the ratings for that game and found that Kane was awarded 10/10 by no less than 27 raters, 9/10 by 22 and 8/10 by three. Only one other gave him less, someone who awarded every player 1/10. I'm struggling to recall any Tottenham player getting near that in several years on this forum - how about you?

To be fair I suppose I now see where you're coming from and of course it is generally always right to be looking for improvement regardless, even if you are Lionel Messi. But Kane's performance against the Ar5e was nothing short of immense, especially compared with what we have come to expect from either Soldado or Ade. So criticism still seems a tad churlish to say the least.

Last edited:

We're obviously talking past each other...

I don't understand why it's impossible for a Spurs fan to add a bit of balance to a discussion by talking about some negatives amongst a whole host of positives for an individual player. If anything I thought the post from AD reflected the fact that Kane's overall play has been excellent at times this season. He's not just a goalscorer, even though he's looking fine goalscorer. It's a reflection on him playing better in other games. But people are reacting as if this was some forum war between Spurs fans and Chelsea fans...

We're obviously talking past each other...

I don't understand why it's impossible for a Spurs fan to add a bit of balance to a discussion by talking about some negatives amongst a whole host of positives for an individual player. If anything I thought the post from AD reflected the fact that Kane's overall play has been excellent at times this season. He's not just a goalscorer, even though he's looking fine goalscorer. It's a reflection on him playing better in other games. But people are reacting as if this was some forum war between Spurs fans and Chelsea fans...

Because I'm not sure the value? its like critiquing Messi or Ronaldo, comes of as either being a WUM or just ...

To me, Lloris, Eriksen, Kane have delivered the goods so often and are not only easily the best players in their positions in the side, but best players in their position at Spurs for some time, that I'm really not seeing the value, Kane could play absolute brick for rest of season, won't change the fact that he has completely excelled when not expected, and when we most needed it.

A lot of the flaws/failures that people want/try to point out in the three actually is (my opinion) failure of the team/teammates to provide them the best platform to achieve in (does anyone believe that Lloris should be close to the bottom of PL clean sheets kept based on his performances?)

26C720DE00000578-3001172-image-a-13_1426705052046.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...t-spark-burnout-debate-Tottenham-England.html

Because I'm not sure the value? its like critiquing Messi or Ronaldo, comes of as either being a WUM or just ...

To me, Lloris, Eriksen, Kane have delivered the goods so often and are not only easily the best players in their positions in the side, but best players in their position at Spurs for some time, that I'm really not seeing the value, Kane could play absolute crud for rest of season, won't change the fact that he has completely excelled when not expected, and when we most needed it.

A lot of the flaws/failures that people want/try to point out in the three actually is (my opinion) failure of the team/teammates to provide them the best platform to achieve in (does anyone believe that Lloris should be close to the bottom of PL clean sheets kept based on his performances?)

Im not sure why discussing where good players need to improve their game is such an issue for you - i want our players to be the best they can be and for the young players to improve all aspects of their game, as im sure those who work with them do and the player themselves.

Talking about what Kane/Eriksen/Lloris et all can do to become even better for us is a worthy discussion imv

England manager Roy Hodgson has named Tottenham striker Harry Kane in his squad to face Lithuania and Italy at the end of the month.

Kane has scored 26 goals in 42 games this season. The 21-year-old is part of a 24-man squad alongside Tottenham team-mate Kyle Walker.

Walker returns to the national squad for the first time since November 2013.

Back