• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I’m always quick to say let’s wait and see what the individual has to say on these stories but the silence is deafening.

Part of the appeal of Kane for me was that he wasn’t the usual money grabbing tacotooed footballer but unless all this ends up being proved as media flimflam and his absence actually approved by the club this is a really disappointing end to his time here. When you let behaviour ends up comparing unfavourably to Jack Grealish and Jamie Carragher calls you out it must be apparent the decision is a bad one. Although his position has a becoming untenable I really don’t want City and him to benefit from it.

He was always missing the first game of the season, it had already been decided as he still wouldn't be ready if he had've been back on Monday.
This is true I think.

It's also true that for every day that goes by without him showing up for training that's one day less to prepare for the next game. If he shows up just to show up without motivation to do the work and play well it's even worse.

Obvious disruption and disregard for the club and fans.
I just want him out for a fair price, and thats £160m.
No one can argue with that and its not bending anyone over. Especially not city who money to burn.
I would be fine with him staying as long as he does the work and is ready to train and perform.

I do want this whole thing to be over, to move on, a decision one way or the other. At it stands he's not even talked to Nuno and it looks like this will drag on.

The only thing the club can do (imo) is stand firm on demands and expectations. Fine him for now showing up and see how it develops.

Every day is one day less to make the right moves should he leave so it makes things increasingly difficult. I would like to see us set a deadline way before the actual transfer deadline, but I don't think we would make that public intentionally if we did so.

If most of this was nonsense, there would have been PR out very quickly denying all this. Kane himself would have been quick to quash this as it’s his reputation at stake here. This all started with that interview with Neville, that was the beginning of the plan to worm his way out of the club and once the Euros were done the rest of the plan would commence.

Christ, three days ago this guy was my favourite ever Spurs player. But after his behaviour and clear disrespect for the club, I just want him to get the fudge out of our club once we have bent over City with the fee…..

Exactly. There is no reason for Kane not to defend himself whilst everyone is slating him. Why would he stay silent? Quite telling that his avatar on Twitter and Instagram is still himself in an England shirt. The euros ended nearly a month ago! Anyone from the club hierarchy to Nuno to Kane could Hager very easily cleared this up if it was just a misunderstanding but they haven’t. It’s pretty damn obvious what is going on.

I agree with you, I just want him to go now. But for the right price. Absolutely no way am I clapping him when he comes back to the lane either.

Best thing is to ignore this soap opera. Unless you're into soaps. We know there are two outcomes: Kane stays and plays another year here, before being sold, or City pay our asking price.

Though it is easy to feel slighted, I don't really hold it against him. He doesn't have many tools in his armoury. He is ill-advised. He is in his 20s. Sure many here have pulled a sickie and stayed off work a couple more days.

The main thing I’m confused about is Kane knows how Levy works, he has seen it first hand.

Kane must know if the price is 130 million it’s very unlikely he’s not going for a penny less.

if anything going on strike makes it more likely there will be no budging.

Such a weird stance to have.

He is angry at the wrong people.

Everyone calm down, this is just a big game of poker, Mr Levy is in our chair, and we hold all the cards.
We will either get our price, or Kane will stay and score goals, or rot.

I have full faith in Levy. And ideally I would like Kane to stay and we rebuild around him but only if he wants to be here but that doesn’t appear to be the case and I don’t want his presence to be disruptive to the atmosphere or the team. I don’t think selling him would be the end of the world. We would have a great opportunity to rebuild areas in Dier (see what I did there) need of upgrading. We recovered just fine after selling Bale albeit after a Rocky year or two but we challenged for the title 3 years after he was sold.

Everyone calm down, this is just a big game of poker, Mr Levy is in our chair, and we hold all the cards.
We will either get our price, or Kane will stay and score goals, or rot.

And its not impossbile that this is a Kane/Levy ploy.

Possible that they agreed a date by which he either stays for next season or is sold for a certain price. No meaningful offers from City were arriving, they seemed likely to sign Grealish so the issue needed to resolved one way or another

This tries to do that. Everyone stays silent rather than us publicly criticising him and Kane bitching publicly about Spurs

Not saying that this is what is happening, but could be possible

The main thing I’m confused about is Kane knows how Levy works, he has seen it first hand.

Kane must know if the price is 130 million it’s very unlikely he’s not going for a penny less.

if anything going on strike makes it more likely there will be no budging.

Such a weird stance to have.

He is angry at the wrong people.
Where has this 130m number come from?

'I never boycotted training' - Berbatov reacts to Kane to Emirates Marketing Project talk & says it's different to his Man Utd move | Goal.com

“I was surprised. I don’t think it’s the right way. I never boycotted training, that’s the difference," the former Tottenham and United forward told The Sun.

“I didn’t play two games. It was difficult for me to admit but I found the power to say, ‘If I play, my mind will not be there, so I will be in the way of my team-mates doing their job’.

“But training is easy. It’s behind closed doors, most team-mates will understand you, and it will be easy to let go of some stress with banter and jokes.

It has been reported that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is holding out for a £160 million ($222m) fee for Kane, and Berbatov can understand the firm stance he has taken.

The Bulgarian feels Kane's status as a club legend will be at risk if he joins City, as he added: “If I was Levy, I would do the same. He is fighting for his team. It was different for me because I was a foreigner from a small country and it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

“Kane is at his home and is a world star. He is going to leave people disappointed, especially the fans who worship him. Some understand, others never will.

But in terms of what City are allegedly prepared to go to rather than our valuation of him I think?

Precisely, because City know full well that Daniel Levy is known to compromise in those situations!

My understanding at the moment is that there is "no price" for another English side and that if a club from abroad offered £150m we would consider it, also based on another Athletic article.

'I never boycotted training' - Berbatov reacts to Kane to Emirates Marketing Project talk & says it's different to his Man Utd move | Goal.com

“I was surprised. I don’t think it’s the right way. I never boycotted training, that’s the difference," the former Tottenham and United forward told The Sun.

“I didn’t play two games. It was difficult for me to admit but I found the power to say, ‘If I play, my mind will not be there, so I will be in the way of my team-mates doing their job’.

“But training is easy. It’s behind closed doors, most team-mates will understand you, and it will be easy to let go of some stress with banter and jokes.

It has been reported that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is holding out for a £160 million ($222m) fee for Kane, and Berbatov can understand the firm stance he has taken.

The Bulgarian feels Kane's status as a club legend will be at risk if he joins City, as he added: “If I was Levy, I would do the same. He is fighting for his team. It was different for me because I was a foreigner from a small country and it was a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

“Kane is at his home and is a world star. He is going to leave people disappointed, especially the fans who worship him. Some understand, others never will.

Jeez you know you have fudged it royally when Berbatov criticises your professionalism.

Back