• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Exactly. There is no reason for Kane not to defend himself whilst everyone is slating him. Why would he stay silent? Quite telling that his avatar on Twitter and Instagram is still himself in an England shirt. The euros ended nearly a month ago! Anyone from the club hierarchy to Nuno to Kane could Hager very easily cleared this up if it was just a misunderstanding but they haven’t. It’s pretty damn obvious what is going on.

I agree with you, I just want him to go now. But for the right price. Absolutely no way am I clapping him when he comes back to the lane either.

This statement got me thinking. If he stays what would it take for you to forgive and forget and return him to the legend hero status he previously had? Banging in goals? Time? Public apology? Signing a new contract? Commiting the rest of his playing days to us?

I don't know but for me there will always be a sour taste in my mouth. I can't quite figure out why i found it easier to forgive Bale, Berba and Modric.

This statement got me thinking. If he stays what would it take for you to forgive and forget and return him to the legend hero status he previously had? Banging in goals? Time? Public apology? Signing a new contract? Commiting the rest of his playing days to us?

I don't know but for me there will always be a sour taste in my mouth. I can't quite figure out why i found it easier to forgive Bale, Berba and Modric.

Bale, Berbatov and Modric had no ties to Spurs, and the latter two were already on the up when we bought them (Bale we developed).

Kane is supposed to be Spurs, there is no guarantee if he didn't make his breakthrough when he did, it would have happened for him elsewhere (his loans never indicated anything truly special).

Berbatov is right, turn up for training, don't make it a circus, feel free internally to say "my heads not in it, so I won't play games" but meet your minimum obligations.

I think at this stage, there is a bit of cowardice here as well, neither Kane nor Charlie has the balls to be at Spurs (and City) having a face to face conversation, work it out, you don't get to hide in the fudging Caribbean and wish it away.

I know what you mean.
If he stays, knuckles down, scores goals and is not a disruptive influence, then I think most will be willing to forgive, but probably not forget.
If he leaves I think I would possibly still applaud him when he returns (as long as things don't get too nasty) - he has been such a fantastic player for us and I have loved watching him, and there have been some wonderful goals - but the applause will lack some of the vigour and warmth that might otherwise have been the case due to the way he is acting now. I think this one 'hurts' more because of his academy status and the amount of time he's been with us.

Not my money, but I’d take 130m for him at this stage. Whether he goes or stays we need to move on from being so dependent on him.
Although it is a lot of money I still think that is lowballing...if want £160m.

Whether we get it or not is another matter...

I know what you mean.
If he stays, knuckles down, scores goals and is not a disruptive influence, then I think most will be willing to forgive, but probably not forget.
If he leaves I think I would possibly still applaud him when he returns (as long as things don't get too nasty) - he has been such a fantastic player for us and I have loved watching him, and there have been some wonderful goals - but the applause will lack some of the vigour and warmth that might otherwise have been the case due to the way he is acting now. I think this one 'hurts' more because of his academy status and the amount of time he's been with us.

Well, won't be fudging singing "he's one of our own"

Doubt he'll be on Daniel's open door at club when you are done policy either ...

I think at this stage, there is a bit of cowardice here as well, neither Kane nor Charlie has the balls to be at Spurs (and City) having a face to face conversation, work it out, you don't get to hide in the fudging Caribbean and wish it away.

Agreed, especially as during the interview with Gary Neville he said he wanted to have a meeting with Levy, then why is he still sitting on his arse in Florida?

He can go, no problem, but not for a penny less than £150m come what may

None of them were ever perceived to be Spurs through and through, just exceptionally talented players currently plying their trade at the club. Would someone like a Ledley King, a player who truly is Spurs behave like this if he wanted to leave? Hell no.

I’d much rather he went now, but if he was to stay it would be like when you cheat on a partner - he’d have to graft harder than ever before in order to be forgiven. But even then I don’t think it will ever be forgotten…..

Kane has undoubtedly been the best striker I have seen in a Spurs shirt, however if he had actually turned up in a cup final maybe we would have won something by now.

Must admit I started getting disillusioned with him after the CL final. Considering it was such a huge game, pinnacle of his career, he was awful.

Not my money, but I’d take 130m for him at this stage. Whether he goes or stays we need to move on from being so dependent on him.
At this stage?

I don't think a selling model of "If the buyer fudges us about for long enough we'll heavily discount the sale" is a great one.

We should have told City the price was £160M in early July and the price would increase every fortnight.

At this stage?

I don't think a selling model of "If the buyer fudges us about for long enough we'll heavily discount the sale" is a great one.

We should have told City the price was £160M in early July and the price would increase every fortnight.
Yep the closer it gets to transfer deadline the more you have to pay. If not, Kane stays, sulks for a week or 2 and then gets on with it till Dec. Then if they are still interested we name another price of our choosing, as is our right. Any feelings of owing Kane something pretty much went out the window on the 1st day of his strike action.

Kane has undoubtedly been the best striker I have seen in a Spurs shirt, however if he had actually turned up in a cup final maybe we would have won something by now.

I'm not going to downplay his ability and/or output for us in anyway, but his finals output is fudging atrocious

81updec0s7f71.jpg

Back