• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Isolating after getting back from the Caribbean.

No, apparently he flew from the Caribbean to Florida, due back at the ground at the weekend, according to a Telegraph tweet I saw last night.

Harry Kane in Florida but expected back in Tottenham training by end of the week
Striker missed a second day of pre-season training but Spurs sources believe he is planning to return over the weekend.
Harry Kane in Florida but expected back in Tottenham training by end of the week (telegraph.co.uk)

Seems a bit conflicting - end of week vs weekend, but I can't read any more as it's paywalled (and apparently I have run out of free articles, which amazes me as that means I must have registered to the Telegraph at some point, which I find very worrying!).

I think a lot of people forget the trade off between clubs and players regarding contract length.

Players (and specifically their self-interested, thieving agents) will always want shorter contracts - more freedom, more signing on fees, etc. Clubs will always want their best players on longer term contracts to protect us against anyone doing a Sol clambell. Kane will, at some point in the negotiations, have received a higher salary in return for having signed such a long contract.

Doing so was his choice. He doesn't get to move until the end of that contract or until we choose for it to happen on our terms.

He should remember the short, tubby fudger he was before he joined us.

Kane's issue is he started off signing loan term contracts and had nowhere left to go to increase his wages:

August 2014 - He signs until 2019. This is before his breakthrough season. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/28795927

February 2015 - After the Chelsea game he signs a new contract on bigger wages until 2020. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/02/harry-kane-tottenham-new-contract

December 2016 - With 4 years left on his deal he signs a 6 year deal to get 100k a week until 2022. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38170875

June 2018 - With 4 years left on his deal he signs for an extra 2 year until 2024 to get 200k+ a week https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/08/harry-kane-tottenham-new-contract-six-years

Apart from satisfying our curiosity/clearing up speculation, I'm not sure they need to really, frustrating as it might be for us fans on the outside. For once the club or the board are not being made out to be the bad guys, it's Kane who is looking foolish at best. We maintain a dignified silence. If Kane ends up staying as is looking more and more likely, then all parties need to be able to work together going forward, so the fewer public statements from us at this stage, the better. No need to risk ratcheting things up. (Kane has already tried playing this out publicly and it hasn't worked (thus far at least)).

You are right and as you say extremely frustrating. Not even a decent bit of ITK. Even the brick ITK conflicts with other brick ITK and all other speculation!

Seems a bit conflicting - end of week vs weekend, but I can't read any more as it's paywalled (and apparently I have run out of free articles, which amazes me as that means I must have registered to the Telegraph at some point, which I find very worrying!).

I think they're just tracking your IP address as I've gotten that message too and I know I haven't registered anywhere.

what really helps me is to picture in my minds eye that famous picture of Levy adjusting his glasses,

then I like to pretend I am Daniel and I’m talking like Smeagol…

‘they wants him, he hasn’t turned up for training precious’

‘fine him, Gollum, Gollum!’

they will pay, we hates it! Make them pay 160 million, fleece them! Yes precious….’

this is what you can do if your extremely bored at work.
You need to do a video of it and post it here.

No, apparently he flew from the Caribbean to Florida, due back at the ground at the weekend, according to a Telegraph tweet I saw last night.

Harry Kane in Florida but expected back in Tottenham training by end of the week
Striker missed a second day of pre-season training but Spurs sources believe he is planning to return over the weekend.
Harry Kane in Florida but expected back in Tottenham training by end of the week (telegraph.co.uk)

Surely not.

Back