• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

There's zero chance that we'll sell him for less than a world record fee and no one can afford that. The sums don't add up for us to sell him for less and Levy cannot afford to upset the fans further.

Neymar was £198m so not quite it would be a world record fee however it'll be at least £150m...which I thinks leads to the same conclusion which you reached (unless PSG get £150m for Mbappe and feel they need another star name alongside Neymar)

Does seem hypocritical in that Danny Rose had a problem (albeit a different one) and went to the manager / Levy to speak about it directly but got banished to the youth team.

Kane instead comes out in the media and that’s considered fine?

imo we should say a price and a date that price expires… flog him before the Euros.

£160m to £200m seems a great deal for us tbh.

Neymar was £198m so not quite it would be a world record fee however it'll be at least £150m...which I thinks leads to the same conclusion which you reached (unless PSG get £150m for Mbappe and feel they need another star name alongside Neymar)

The mbappe to real madrid deal this summer is €100m.

They are getting him ‘cheap’ because he has one year left on his contract.

History tell us that he gets bent over and sells when the big boys come knocking with the big boys being the ones who get what they want, not us. With Berbatov we got the terrible appeasement of Frazier Campbell on loan (without even an option to buy). With Kyle Walker we didn't even manage to get Emirates Marketing Project youth player Jayden Sancho included in the deal who our manager really wanted. With Gareth Bale the appeasement measure of a 'special relationship' was peddled. I prefer to look at history as a guide to the future.

History

Carrick bought for £3.5M sold for £18.6M
Berbatov bought for £10.9M sold for £30.7M
Modric bought for £16.5M sold for £30M
Bale bought for ~£9M sold for £85M (world record at time)
Eriksen bought for £11M sold for £16.9M (with 6 months left on his contract)
Walker bought for £9M (included another players in it as well), sold for £50M (PL record for FB/defender at the time IIRC)

So much bending over there mate ..

Read it though

- The vast majority of those are 8-13 years ago
- Outside of Eriksen who's contract we let run down, none of those were us accepting less

Again, very big difference between

- Not getting the right cash value for our players (almost never happens)
- Not replacing player appropriately (almost never happens, i.e. never in a good way)

Jao Felix (£113M) and Griezmann (£125M) are striker examples

Kane is way better than the two of them combined ..

To be fair both were pre-covid.

Interestingly, in the full Neville chat he says he doesn't want to go abroad right now which rules out PSG. Levy won't sell to a English club this summer. I think this is MUCH more about a power play to get Levy to get his cheque book out. He mentions that 1 or 2 players can change a team. I think he still wants to win here.

Interestingly, in the full Neville chat he says he doesn't want to go abroad right now which rules out PSG. Levy won't sell to a English club this summer. I think this is MUCH more about a power play to get Levy to get his cheque book out. He mentions that 1 or 2 players can change a team. I think he still wants to win here.

Watching the full thing now, he does come across a bit better, but very selfish imho.

I hope you're right...and I'm not sure that Man C will meet the price needed

He mentions that 1 or 2 players can change a team. I think he still wants to win here.

When was the last time we had a transformative signing? I mean, instant impact kinda player, straight to first XI that immediately improves the team? Rafa Van Der Vaart (2010)? Toby (2015)? This comes back to a point on one of the podcasts (think it was View from the Lane). Leicester might not want to spend the extra few million, but swallowed it and did business such as Tielemans.

Levy will put off spending the extra to get a player we NEED to go for a cheaper option that invevitably fails.

Anyway, back to Kane. Clearly an emotive issue all round. Feel sorry seeing so many get on his back. He's given his all, he's ambitious. If our board had that same ambition on the pitch as Kane, we'd be in a different place entirely.

Instead, we're on to finish 9th behind Arsenal and West Ham.

When was the last time we had a transformative signing? I mean, instant impact kinda player, straight to first XI that immediately improves the team? Rafa Van Der Vaart (2010)? Toby (2015)? This comes back to a point on one of the podcasts (think it was View from the Lane). Leicester might not want to spend the extra few million, but swallowed it and did business such as Tielemans.

Levy will put off spending the extra to get a player we NEED to go for a cheaper option that invevitably fails.

Anyway, back to Kane. Clearly an emotive issue all round. Feel sorry seeing so many get on his back. He's given his all, he's ambitious. If our board had that same ambition on the pitch as Kane, we'd be in a different place entirely.

Instead, we're on to finish 9th behind Arsenal and West Ham.

Hojbjerg?

Back