• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Which clubs? Top clubs sell players when they want.
Average clubs sell when the player wants out. Crap clubs sell out of necessities.

Again, he's under contract to us. We will sell when we want.
Tbh I would sell him ASAP, that interview sucks on so many levels. If almost any other player had come out with stuff like that he'd be a laughing stock.
I want to be like Messi or Ronaldo, really, two guys that routinely dragged their teams to victory in big games.
I think I can score 60-70 goals a season, well you've really never been that close so what's happened there?
I ve got 7-8 years left at the top, not if you go throwing yourself into stupid tackles and playing every minute of every game, especially meaningless Internationals.
Maybe Daniel Levy will be happy to take £100m for. What for player who claims he can do all of the above.
That's a car crash interview, and if I was in our dressing room I'd be having words, especially if I was lucas Moura. We played more half the quarters and all the semis without Harry Kane to get him to the biggest game and he didn’t turn up.

Tbh I would sell him ASAP, that interview sucks on so many levels. If almost any other player had come out with stuff like that he'd be a laughing stock.
I want to be like Messi or Ronaldo, really, two guys that routinely dragged their teams to victory in big games.
I think I can score 60-70 goals a season, well you've really never been that close so what's happened there?
I ve got 7-8 years left at the top, not if you go throwing yourself into stupid tackles and playing every minute of every game, especially meaningless Internationals.
Maybe Daniel Levy will be happy to take £100m for. What for player who claims he can do all of the above.
That's a car crash interview, and if I was in our dressing room I'd be having words, especially if I was lucas Moura. We played more half the quarters and all the semis without Harry Kane to get him to the biggest game and he didn’t turn up.
I'm so with you on this
I love Kane more than any other recent player but his attitude and the things he is saying are a bit hypocritical at times
As I've said to all who will listen if him and his mates had have actually turned up to at least 6 SF's and Finals we've had he might be sitting there now with a sack full of medals
Your point about playing every minute of every game is right too but his attitude is he wants to play he wants to score goals and I love that but I see your side too

Well said.
I was annoyed at him allowing talk of wanting to leave to be leaked ahead of our final two games, but at that point we didn't know he'd given a whole bloody interview on the subject to be aired just before the final game of the season. I would have expected Harry to have a bit more class than that and I hope Lloris as captain hauls him over the coals on behalf of the team for it.

i'd be pretty disappointed if we kept Kane. We already ruined Danny Rose's career, i'd rather we didn't do that to one of our own in Harry.

As long as we get a good price, let him go. And wish him the best.

Well said.
I was annoyed at him allowing talk of wanting to leave to be leaked ahead of our final two games, but at that point we didn't know he'd given a whole bloody interview on the subject to be aired just before the final game of the season. I would have expected Harry to have a bit more class than that and I hope Lloris as captain hauls him over the coals on behalf of the team for it.

He has obviously been in contact with someone, if was Levy I'd get him and tell him, this is what we want go back and tell them that and don't come back unless they can stump it up.
And you have publicly stated what you think you are capable of and that is exactly what we expect from you.

I'm so with you on this
I love Kane more than any other recent player but his attitude and the things he is saying are a bit hypocritical at times
As I've said to all who will listen if him and his mates had have actually turned up to at least 6 SF's and Finals we've had he might be sitting there now with a sack full of medals
Your point about playing every minute of every game is right too but his attitude is he wants to play he wants to score goals and I love that but I see your side too

Playing in the wc 3rd/4th play off was dumb, dumb, dumb and in my opinion selfish.
Come August I fully expect him to be a hate figure in the press, a scape goat will be needed for the euros and Harry has just put himself right in there.
He won't have the excuse with England that he has at Spurs, he's surrounded with WC players (supposedly).

Hard to criticise him for wanting to be the best. Thats a big part of what has got Harry to where he is today

But your point about dragging teams to victory I agree with and is what separates Messi and Ronaldo from the likes of Kane, Mbappe, Ibra, Lewandowski, Neymar and Haaland (some of those have more time on their hands than others though)

I think his decision to go public before the season ends will backfire on him - it’s basically cost us European football so Levy will now tell him ‘that’s £50m added to your fee to cover the cost!’

Two guys who played for clubs who prioritise winning things over everything else so that they don't have tinkle weak squads that mean they can properly compete right to the end of the season.

Well said.
I think he asked to go a year ago and the chairman asked him to give us another season. I suspect he is starting to worry that agreement won't be honoured. I can see things getting messy this summer which will be a real shame. I just really, really hope that we don't end up with another awfully managed situation like Berbatov's, where our main striker is sold in the last hour of the transfer window leaving us no replacement and ruining the whole of next season

Will keep coming back to the same point from my side. Kane owes us nothing.

Kane signed his last contract what, 2018?

From a footballing standpoint, has the club made the inroads after finishing consecutively in Top 4 finishes to improve the team since 2018?

I'll give you a clue: Eric Dier is out first choice CB...

If i was Levy (But obviously with more hair and a giant rooster), i would set a deadline for City / Real / PSG for them to sign him so that we can also make a splash in the market rather than haggling until the last minute of the transfer window leaving us with no replacements and another season with uncertainty.

If Kane goes to City, he will be my captain in Fantast football ... week in week out ... he will bang in goals for fun with them.

If i was Levy (But obviously with more hair and a giant rooster), i would set a deadline for City / Real / PSG for them to sign him so that we can also make a splash in the market rather than haggling until the last minute of the transfer window leaving us with no replacements and another season with uncertainty.

If Kane goes to City, he will be my captain in Fantast football ... week in week out ... he will bang in goals for fun with them.
I’m sure that will be part of the “honest conversation” with Harry
Could even set some triggers in there
If someone comes in at £150m before this date you can go
After that date it’s £200m

I fully expect him to be a hate figure in the press, a scape goat will be needed for the euros and Harry has just put himself right in there.

“…and Harry Kane, said he could score 60-70 goals a season at the start of the summer, but couldn’t find a single one when it mattered. What are your thoughts, Jamie…?”

Sky would be licking their lips.

(Although hopefully Harry is clever enough to realize their opinion shouldn’t matter)

I think he asked to go a year ago and the chairman asked him to give us another season. I suspect he is starting to worry that agreement won't be honoured. I can see things getting messy this summer which will be a real shame. I just really, really hope that we don't end up with another awfully managed situation like Berbatov's, where our main striker is sold in the last hour of the transfer window leaving us no replacement and ruining the whole of next season

We know Kane's camp is saying he "believes he has a gentleman's agreement" to leave this summer. Given the phrasing of that, I suspect it's not quite so clear cut. I can't imagine Levy being so definitive to make an agreement that he can leave in a year, but I can imagine a conversation ending along the lines of 'give Mourinho next season and we'll see where things are after that."
But yes, if he is to go, then the sooner it's sorted the better. But that's dependent on a club coming up with the right figure, which might take some time.

“…and Harry Kane, said he could score 60-70 goals a season at the start of the summer, but couldn’t find a single one when it mattered. What are your thoughts, Jamie…?”

Sky would be licking their lips.

(Although hopefully Harry is clever enough to realize their opinion shouldn’t matter)

Jamie is slowly becoming on par with Sherwood, Sutton & Savage for me ...

Will keep coming back to the same point from my side. Kane owes us nothing.

Kane signed his last contract what, 2018?

From a footballing standpoint, has the club made the inroads after finishing consecutively in Top 4 finishes to improve the team since 2018?

I'll give you a clue: Eric Dier is out first choice CB...
Do you think he will refund all the pay he has earned in that time when he leaves?
He is a player and an employee
He is accountable along with everyone else in the whole structure for the results and as a world class player he gets rewarded for that
He is also asset to the club. An asset that has been developed by the club and has grown with the club. A huge part of that is the work he does, but he is handsomely rewarded for that
The contracts are put in place to protect the players and the clubs
In much the same way the club couldn’t stop paying Danny Rose and bin him off, the club have to pay Harry Kane a lot of money to play football when picked
If Kane wants to go, he has to engineer a situation that works for him and the club. It can’t be one sided. That’s not how anything works

Back