• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It’s gone beyond hot air as Kane has gone public. Before the end of the season when we still have something to play for. Any other player would be dropped.

That is actually a good point, i have no problem with him wanting to move and win things elsewhere but speaking out with the season not ended was wrong. IMO

It’s gone beyond hot air as Kane has gone public. Before the end of the season when we still have something to play for. Any other player would be dropped.
That’s the bit that’s annoyed me
He knows what we were in theory playing for
This news is planned and actually knocks the squad

Under ENIC we are currently:

- a one-trick property company with a rather onerous sporting sideline;

- a good place for star players to leave and achieve glory elsewhere (Modric, Berbatov, Bale ..)

‘Tis a truth universally acknowledged that more wedge equates to more trophies. I think it was Andrew Carnegie who said (rightly) that it is shameful to die rich, so Mr Lewis - please make the Spurs diaspora happy and be forever revered by letting your billions rip.

13 years and counting - we are not getting any younger, my old china.

Last edited:
We've had years of these dances. Gazza to Lazio, Campbell to the goonsquad, Modric, Carrick, Bale, Berbatov - Kane is just the latest in a long line.

We have a strong squad offensively, with the right manager - its very strong with Kane - but a side not built around one forward will benefit us in the long term.

I'd love him to stay, but if he goes we need to stop being so reliant on one player. and build a team that has power in all positions.

The thing we have to learn from here, is that if we get £130m for him, we need to buy two or three £50m players - not 10 £13m players. We need to go from strength to strength, not haemorrhage more top players.

We've had years of these dances. Gazza to Lazio, Campbell to the goonsquad, Modric, Carrick, Bale, Berbatov - Kane is just the latest in a long line.

We have a strong squad offensively, with the right manager - its very strong with Kane - but a side not built around one forward will benefit us in the long term.

I'd love him to stay, but if he goes we need to stop being so reliant on one player. and build a team that has power in all positions.

The thing we have to learn from here, is that if we get £130m for him, we need to buy two or three £50m players - not 10 £13m players. We need to go from strength to strength, not haemorrhage more top players.

Whatever happens it certainly wont be these silly figures of £130m bandied around by the press in the hope it has some bearing on daniel levy cos it would make a deal more likely.

It will be £200m to Emirates Marketing Project and £150m to everyone else.

£1bn to chelsea if they even dare picking up the phone.

If these clubs dont bid these amounts then that’s the matter closed and we get on planning for next season with Kane.

Summer 2022 and the quoted prices remain the same as he still has 2 years left.

Summer 2023 the prices will reduce for the clubs mentioned by £50m apart from chelsea where the price increases to £10bn.

Its very honest certainly!!

Any chance that Levy might back the new manager with say 6-7 new signings this summer to kick the club on and Kane stays?
Its very honest certainly!!

Any chance that Levy might back the new manager with say 6-7 new signings this summer to kick the club on and Kane stays?
I think the answer is .. who knows
We will see
First thing first though is get a manager

He has held out for several seasons. Stayed and given us total loyalty throughout.

The model professional, no one dare dispute that.

He could easily have gone anywhere he chose, doubled his salary and collected a cabinetful of trophies by now.

But no, he stayed with a club that was trying to penny-pinch it's way to trophies..

Tottenham fans do not deserve a player like Kane.

He has held out for several seasons. Stayed and given us total loyalty throughout.

The model professional, no one dare dispute that.

He could easily have gone anywhere he chose, doubled his salary and collected a cabinetful of trophies by now.

But no, he stayed with a club that was trying to penny-pinch it's way to trophies..

Tottenham fans do not deserve a player like Kane.
You say that but even now the talk is united and city will offer him £100k more than here
We can match that and happily would
We can’t match city’s trophy haul and no one will get near them now for a long time
And that’s what he wants
He just needs city to agree a fee and accept that buying Kane means no Haaland at a later date

Sorry mate there is the fans way of thinking and the Enic way of thinking .... it simply will never happen. We will buy 4 mediocre players and spunk the rest on upstarts. Levy loyalists will shout that he is funding the team and is ambitious....the manager will say that he is happy with levy and the squad ....the players will not fit into the managers system ... manager gets sacked ... players sold with hopefully one hitting the big time for the cycle to repeat itself.

I'd tell him that he not for sale for less then a world record fee this summer but offer him a new contract with a release clause for next summer. The release clause would be a realistic market value (£120m) and expire on 1st July, to give us a chance to spend it if someone activated it.

You say that but even now the talk is united and city will offer him £100k more than here
We can’t match city’s trophy haul and no one will get near them now for a long time
And that’s what he wants
He just needs city to agree a fee and accept that buying Kane means no Haaland at a later date

We could strike a deal with City. They can have Kane for a bargain £100m if they buy Haaland for us. Then Levy can strike a gentleman's agreement with the arabs to allow Haaland to leave for City when he's 28.which he'll never honour.

Now that's a win win situation.

And that’s what he wants

Haaland is joining real madrid in summer 2022 and mbappe joins real madrid this summer.

That is why everyone else is looking at kane and lukaku.

psg still have a chance as they will have money and space from mbappe’s imminent departure.

Barca may find the money from somewhere out of fear of falling behind real madrid. They may even try and move messi to city to make it work. Relying on an ageing messi and ageing aguero is not clever from barcelona.

psg still have a chance as they will have money and space from mbappe’s imminent departure.

Barca may find the money from somewhere out of fear of falling behind real madrid. They may even try and move messi to city to make it work. Relying on an ageing messi and ageing aguero is not clever from barcelona.

Thats credible I guess....and Messi might fit Man C better than Kane given they dont often play with an out and out CF

Sorry mate there is the fans way of thinking and the Enic way of thinking .... it simply will never happen. We will buy 4 mediocre players and spunk the rest on upstarts. Levy loyalists will shout that he is funding the team and is ambitious....the manager will say that he is happy with levy and the squad ....the players will not fit into the managers system ... manager gets sacked ... players sold with hopefully one hitting the big time for the cycle to repeat itself.
Levy loyalists?

I'd tell him that he not for sale for less then a world record fee this summer but offer him a new contract with a release clause for next summer. The release clause would be a realistic market value (£120m) and expire on 1st July, to give us a chance to spend it if someone activated it.

Thats a decent suggestion. Text Levy with it.

Only thing I would say is that the only point in doing this is if Levy backs the new man sufficiently such that next season can see us challenge properly for the top 4 - otherwise we may as well take a higher price, say £150m, this summer.

In terms of what I mean by "backs the new man sufficiently", I dont think its more than say £30m - £50m plus sale proceeds. With that you can get 2 CBs and a RW, which covers our urgent needs and along with a new manager installing a system, would see a huge improvement IMO

Back