• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I always admire your optimism Adam. But do you honestly think Levy is just going to go ok then, we will have a massive shopping spree if you stay?! We are skint, have a government loan to pay and only real chance of us spending money is if we sell Kane.

Not to mention I think some are being overly optimistic about Derp Levy would already of had conversations with Kane and know what his aspirations are, what Kane has said now will not change Levy’s thinking at all. Why would Kane say all this on a Neville podcast? It’s to make sure his image remains in tact and his reputation with the fans...

The only hope is that Lewis does something; invests, a loan, underwrites... something whatever it may be its down to Lewis now.

Almost certainly nothing will come out of him sadly but as I say its all on him now. Without meaning to sound rude he is quite old now and has 4b by all accounts so it would be nice if he did something.

I'm not sure Levy and Kane would have spoken about it during the season, and Levy would need to ensure he saves face. So I dont think its a case of Levy saying 'ok, I'll do what you want Harry'.....but Levy knows how Kane is thinking now and either needs to back the new guy, or have the disruption with Kane leaving

The thing is if Kane stays, then we can attract players far more easily and achieve success (football wise and financially) more easily
If he leaves, then Levy will need to accept that attracting players will be harder, and the assumption should be that it will take longer to get back into the CL

I dont think any of us know whether Levy can reprofile the debt, or find a way of buying the players needed to get us back up higher. We need 2 CBs and a RW. Can Levy find that cash, factoring in sales too? We shall see....
Levy and Kane would have had conversations in the past,it’s not as if this moment has all of a sudden crept up out of nowhere. All of us have been saying for ages Kane won’t be happy with no trophies, no CL football - how many other players of his profile do you know not in the CL and for next season not playing in Europe at all?
Kane has already given us a chance to achieve things and we have failed. He speaks about scoring 60 goals, you reckon he envisages that here or at Emirates Marketing Project?:D

If you’re talking about what we need to properly challenge, we need way more than just a couple of CBS and a winger. We have issues all over the place.

The only way Kane doesn’t go is if Levy flat out says we aren’t selling him. There is no chance of Kane being convinced all of a sudden we are the place to be....

Sounds like a direct challenge to Levy for me. Invest heavily and prove you want to win or I'm gone.
Good for Harry, I say. No point in him staying unless the owners show they are willing to match his ambitions.

We've seen too many leave only to succeed elsewhere because they concluded the club was not prepared to make investments commensurate with their aspirations.

If you’re talking about what we need to properly challenge, we need way more than just a couple of CBS and a winger. We have issues all over the place.

In the first 11 thats what we need next season yes. RB you could get by with Tanganga/Doherty for a season IF the CBs are strong enough. CM I think we need to see whether the new manager can get GLC and TN playing to their potential

Sends out the ideal message to the chairman that no one is buying into his speech of being ambitious.

But it also sends a message to any player out there that Spurs are not here to win things or expected to push, just pick up wages and maybe we will get lucky.

The model is not to spend silly money, or push the boat out to sign top players as the model does not warrant it. Success is about staying competitive enough to get fans turning up.

I just Levy would just straight up admit it, coz he is looking sillier by the day by saying how ambitious he and the club are.

There are a couple of straws to grasp at in the interview, but bottom line is if he is wanting a level of investment that would buy the standard of players (plural) that would be needed to enable him to score 60 or 70 goals a season, then I think he is going to be disappointed.
Nobody is scoring 60/70 goals in English football. Not going to happen.

I'm not sure Levy and Kane would have spoken about it during the season, and Levy would need to ensure he saves face. So I dont think its a case of Levy saying 'ok, I'll do what you want Harry'.....but Levy knows how Kane is thinking now and either needs to back the new guy, or have the disruption with Kane leaving

The thing is if Kane stays, then we can attract players far more easily and achieve success (football wise and financially) more easily
If he leaves, then Levy will need to accept that attracting players will be harder, and the assumption should be that it will take longer to get back into the CL

I dont think any of us know whether Levy can reprofile the debt, or find a way of buying the players needed to get us back up higher. We need 2 CBs and a RW. Can Levy find that cash, factoring in sales too? We shall see....

Why would having Harry Kane attract players? We had him here for years, reached four finals and won nothing.
What's attractive about that?

Sad he thought he had to go blabing to Neville about his situation, i said a couple of years back that if we continued to win nothing he would probably leave( and i understand why he would do that). But as others have said he has also not shown in the big games that winning performance. Sad to say we need a big overall ( not just a couple of players) and if selling Kane helps us do that so be it.

Only person we've been remotely linked with that can show ambition Kane is talking about is Rangnick

Then you'd let him sit down with Kane and let him show him how he plans to rebuild the club either as manager or DOF.

The others have neither the experience or clout to bring about changes needed (on their own).

It’s gone beyond hot air as Kane has gone public. Before the end of the season when we still have something to play for. Any other player would be dropped.

Not necessarily, Kane sounds very scripted.
City or whoever comes in and buys, there is really no need for all the to and fro.

Back