• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I just hope the curse of the record doesn't strike again, Owen and Rooney were both racing towards it before injuries and form variance intervened.

Opta have revealed that since scoring with his first ever free-kick attempt in the Premier League back in 2014 against Aston Villa, the striker has had 53 attempts without finding the back of the net.
If the Tottenham man does not score with his next free-kick, he will equal Jay-Jay Okocha’s record of 54 free-kicks without scoring.

So thats another Chelsea produced youngster making his debut for England tonight, how are they producing such talent on such a consistent level? If you look at half the highly rated kids in the premier league right now most of them are either on loan from Chelsea or came from their academy. What are we doing so wrong? Surely our scouting team needs an overhaul as our world class facilities are being wasted.

I just hope the curse of the record doesn't strike again, Owen and Rooney were both racing towards it before injuries and form variance intervened.

Linker too, as far as I remember. He just needed that one goal to equal Charlton, but couldn't - then he retired.

So thats another Chelsea produced youngster making his debut for England tonight, how are they producing such talent on such a consistent level? If you look at half the highly rated kids in the premier league right now most of them are either on loan from Chelsea or came from their academy. What are we doing so wrong? Surely our scouting team needs an overhaul as our world class facilities are being wasted.
They started by buying all the highest rated ones across the globe
Then they had a successful team
So more players wanted to join
And they pay their young players a lot more than other teams
So they have ended up with the talent pool
Previously when they had the top side they didn’t create very flexible and fluid players. Now they have the exact opposite
They also use the loan system better

Linker too, as far as I remember. He just needed that one goal to equal Charlton, but couldn't - then he retired.

In his last game for England( Euros 92 ) he was subbed off by Taylor and he fell out with Taylor over that, plus in a friendly before that tournament he missed a penalty against Brazil which would have equaled Chatltons record.

In his last game for England( Euros 92 ) he was subbed off by Taylor and he fell out with Taylor over that, plus in a friendly before that tournament he missed a penalty against Brazil which would have equaled Chatltons record.

That how it was - cheers, didn't remember the specifics. I do remember being frustrated he couldn't break the record, being a typical, semi fanatic teenage Spurs fan at the time.

53 free kicks and no goal is mind blowing.

Especially as his other numbers are simply outstanding.

Weird , to say the least.

I think we should take him off freekicks. Just throwing it out there.

Either that or it’s his primary focus in training. Given how well he can pass the ball, and how accurate he is with his finishing, it’s somewhat surprising how poor his free kicks record is.

We would also need to have a player in our squad who was competent at free kicks so that they could take over the duty. Dier has been the best of the picks from what I have seen. But even he’s not that good at them. I remember he scored v Russia in Euro 2016, and came close against I think it was Leeds this season, and maybe Brighton/Villa last season. But that’s it as far as I can recall.

They started by buying all the highest rated ones across the globe
Then they had a successful team
So more players wanted to join
And they pay their young players a lot more than other teams
So they have ended up with the talent pool
Previously when they had the top side they didn’t create very flexible and fluid players. Now they have the exact opposite
They also use the loan system better

Plus making under the table payments and agreements with parents for young children.

Let's give him another 53 free kicks before we jump to any conclusions.

He did have an audacious attempt in the last game of the season against Leicester a few years back, the one where we won 6-1 and Kane had already scored four.

I think it was close to the last kick of the game, from 30-ish meters out, and Kane just smashed it straight into the crossbar/top corner and out. It was real close, and a great attempt, but didn't even warrant a replay IIRC.

Tried to find a video clip of it, but without success.

Back