• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If Conte works out, I think Kane will sign a contract extention and see out his career with Spurs.

This was my hope too.

He has always stated he would like to win trophies, ideally with Tottenham, and his worry seemed to be that he were not matching his ambition. Hiring a proven winner as Manager, and hopefully seeing some cash being splashed on good signings in Jan should show him our ambition and hopefully see him sign an extension

Harry needs to start matching our ambitions before he can worry about us not matching his. Shameful few months from him.
You talk like he's never won two Golden Boots, is not our second highest scorer of all time and has not scored 231 goals in 350 appearances for us.

None of us really knows what is going on with him, yet plenty are making the assumption he is deliberately holding back out of spite or something similar. For me that just does not fit with the type of character Harry is. The way he is playing suggests it's much more likely that there is something far more profound going on with him. It's clear he completely misjudged how the fans and his teammates would react to his transfer request so it would be no surprise if the sheer scale of the animosity coming at him is now hitting home and badly affecting his performances.

We can but hope that Conte is the man to sort him out, but my fear is this thing has now gone so deep even he might find the challenge beyond him.

You talk like he's never won two Golden Boots, is not our second highest scorer of all time and has not scored 231 goals in 350 appearances for us.

None of us really knows what is going on with him, yet plenty are making the assumption he is deliberately holding back out of spite or something similar. For me that just does not fit with the type of character Harry is. The way he is playing suggests it's much more likely that there is something far more profound going on with him. It's clear he completely misjudged how the fans and his teammates would react to his transfer request so it would be no surprise if the sheer scale of the animosity coming at him is now hitting home and badly affecting his performances.

We can but hope that Conte is the man to sort him out, but my fear is this thing has now gone so deep even he might find the challenge beyond him.

I don't think its spite, it maybe a feeling of him and the club not aligning anymore and he's frustrated, but i don't think its spite.
His behaviour has cost him my respect (and I'm sure he is gutted about that), but i can't see him as a spiteful person.

Yeah I agree with most of that, actually. And I’m hopeful that Conte _will_ have him back to his usual self soon. My point was partly that there won’t be any high profile suitors come Jan/Jun based on current form.

This was my hope too.

He has always stated he would like to win trophies, ideally with Tottenham, and his worry seemed to be that he were not matching his ambition. Hiring a proven winner as Manager, and hopefully seeing some cash being splashed on good signings in Jan should show him our ambition and hopefully see him sign an extension

Does he need an extension he has the best part of three years left?

Although he was not very good last night the effort was there, a few times he was clearly frustrated at his clumsiness at receiving the ball.
Obviously not fit, make of that as you will, but if wants to be here that can onky help.

Sounds like Kane is back. Mentally at least. I fully expect the sharpness to return in the coming weeks. I don't think he purposely put in poor performances, but when your focus is affected, and motivation more importantly, even a small drop off at this level is massive. Especially for a player like Kane.

Sounds like Harry is desperate not to be shipped off to Saudi Sportswashing Machine in January for £150million

Back