• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Yea Kane needed another club to be interested in him for the move to happen. Start a bidding war that got somewhere near a valuation worthy of the best striker in the Prem. Using 100m for Grealish as the mkt value, then City never got close in the summer, maybe if Utd had shown an interest something could have happened?
£97k for Lukaku too
And Chelsea look better without him

He cost us nothing as a club so we lose nothing
He is a depreciating asset
The club should not sell him cheap because he is paying like a clam
That sets a much bigger precedent than keeping him here IMO

You sound like the ego of the situation is more important to you than what might be good for us. If we just let him depreciate entirely, then we will need to fund the purchase of a new striker from somewhere. The likelyhood is the funds available for a such a player will be lower than if we gained some money from his sale. Like you say he cost us nothing, every penny we receive is profit allowing us to actually take a lower sum than if we had paid hard cash for him...

Kane is not that important in the grand scheme, what is good for the playing side is what matters and a new striker is of upmost importance right now. Selling Kane helps achieve that more than letting his contract wither away will.

You sound like the ego of the situation is more important to you than what might be good for us. If we just let him depreciate entirely, then we will need to fund the purchase of a new striker from somewhere. The likelyhood is the funds available for a such a player will be lower than if we gained some money from his sale. Like you say he cost us nothing, every penny we receive is profit allowing us to actually take a lower sum than if we had paid hard cash for him...

Kane is not that important in the grand scheme, what is good for the playing side is what matters and a new striker is of upmost importance right now. Selling Kane helps achieve that more than letting his contract wither away will.
You sell Kane and prices go up

You sell Kane and prices go up

But they don't go down if we keep him and his value dwindles to zero.

There is no way around it, we need to buy a striker and if we don't sell Kane the budget we will have to spend will be significantly lower.

Lets be pragmatic and not emotional. The money to buy a new striker has to come from somewhere and we know its not coming out ENIC's pockets so we need to sell him to fund it.

But they don't go down if we keep him and his value dwindles to zero.

There is no way around it, we need to buy a striker and if we don't sell Kane the budget we will have to spend will be significantly lower.

Lets be pragmatic and not emotional. We need to sell him to fund a new striker.
Then we need. A buyer needs to offer the right price

The fact that psg and poch did not try for him speaks volumes imho.

Would he have wanted to go? I thought he was adamant about staying in England - tbh, I doubt Levy would have turned down 125m from PSG/Madrid/Bayern or whomever. It definitely became a personal thing with the Sheikh after he spent 100m on Grealish.

I think if Kane wanted to go to PSG, they would have bid for him and we likely would have accepted - that he doesn't want to go there is more on him, not on us.

Would he have wanted to go? I thought he was adamant about staying in England - tbh, I doubt Levy would have turned down 125m from PSG/Madrid/Bayern or whomever. It definitely became a personal thing with the Sheikh after he spent 100m on Grealish.

I think if Kane wanted to go to PSG, they would have bid for him and we likely would have accepted - that he doesn't want to go there is more on him, not on us.

When it became obvious that City weren't playing ball im sure he would have at least considered it.
And after the way city have handled it would you really want to go there now?
I wouldn't.

Back