• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

All of them except Aguero?!?

Pep didn’t sign

KDB/Sterling/Kompany (took millions to find a replacement and lost the league season after he left) Aguero, Fernandinho,Silva etc

How many millions did they waste on players like Mendy and others that have played a handful of games before being binned.

Pep didn’t sign

KDB/Sterling/Kompany (took millions to find a replacement and lost the league season after he left) Aguero, Fernandinho,Silva etc

How many millions did they waste on players like Mendy and others that have played a handful of games before being binned.
Mendy is a good player (as he showed a few years ago when Monaco played us off the park). The problem (if we can call multiple PL titles and domestic Cups a problem?) with Emirates Marketing Project is Pep's insistence on them only playing a single way. Teams have learned their pattern of play and good, well coached teams can play a very specific way to counter that and if they execute their game plan well they can then get a result. Maybe it is Guardiola's realisation of this that has him wanting Harry Kane so that they can play with a proper number 9?

Emirates Marketing Project's bottomless pit of money means they don't really need to persevere with players so it is natural that players will get replaced there more quickly than they do at other clubs.

I would say that Emirates Marketing Project's transfer record is similar to most PL clubs, some hits and some misses.

I'm not sure how many millions they have wasted on players but I expect their transfer expenditure is not dissimilar to Man Utd and Chelsea.

These fudging guys missed their calling, they should have been comedians not running a football club

Report: Emirates Marketing Project set to send 2022 Harry Kane transfer warning to Levy - Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News (spurs-web.com)

The Daily Mail have revealed that Emirates Marketing Project are set to warn Tottenham Hotspur they are unlikely to return for Harry Kane next summer should they not be able to get a deal for the striker over the line before the end of the month

lol we will still mug Utd out of £100m for a 29 year old Kane, if required...

These fudging guys missed their calling, they should have been comedians not running a football club

Report: Emirates Marketing Project set to send 2022 Harry Kane transfer warning to Levy - Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News (spurs-web.com)

The Daily Mail have revealed that Emirates Marketing Project are set to warn Tottenham Hotspur they are unlikely to return for Harry Kane next summer should they not be able to get a deal for the striker over the line before the end of the month

We're warning you. If you don't do what we say, you get to keep your best player. Last chance.

Mendy is a good player (as he showed a few years ago when Monaco played us off the park). The problem (if we can call multiple PL titles and domestic Cups a problem?) with Emirates Marketing Project is Pep's insistence on them only playing a single way. Teams have learned their pattern of play and good, well coached teams can play a very specific way to counter that and if they execute their game plan well they can then get a result. Maybe it is Guardiola's realisation of this that has him wanting Harry Kane so that they can play with a proper number 9?

Emirates Marketing Project's bottomless pit of money means they don't really need to persevere with players so it is natural that players will get replaced there more quickly than they do at other clubs.

I would say that Emirates Marketing Project's transfer record is similar to most PL clubs, some hits and some misses.

I'm not sure how many millions they have wasted on players but I expect their transfer expenditure is not dissimilar to Man Utd and Chelsea.
It’s the money they can write off on the purchase which is key for them
Buy a player.. he fails… sell him on at a loss

If he stays this season, I see him staying for 2.

Another 30 goal season and Greavies record is within touching distance. Can see him signing a contract extension say 12months, staying 2 more seasons. Breaking the Spurs All-Time Goals record and leaving in July 2023 with still 2 years left on his contract and us being able to get a half-decent fee still

I think this overstates the problems at City with regards to playing style. CL final and league title last season, after a slow start they picked up points at an excellent rate.

There are downsides to not adjusting and adapting as much, you're right. There are also upsides as the team can end up getting very good at the thing you keep practicing day in day out. Better at that than teams can get at things they only do some of the time.

Although Pep does play a rather similar style he does change things around. Sometimes been accused of changing things too much too often iirc.

I think this overstates the problems at City with regards to playing style. CL final and league title last season, after a slow start they picked up points at an excellent rate.

There are downsides to not adjusting and adapting as much, you're right. There are also upsides as the team can end up getting very good at the thing you keep practicing day in day out. Better at that than teams can get at things they only do some of the time.

Although Pep does play a rather similar style he does change things around. Sometimes been accused of changing things too much too often iirc.
As I said: 'if we can call multiple PL titles and domestic Cups a problem?'.

Something that Guardiola has managed to do at Emirates Marketing Project is keep them winning trophies while carrying out continual gradual squad changes that isn't to be taken lightly and, as you say, probably comes from using the same tactics always.

As I said: 'if we can call multiple PL titles and domestic Cups a problem?'.

Something that Guardiola has managed to do at Emirates Marketing Project is keep them winning trophies while carrying out continual gradual squad changes that isn't to be taken lightly and, as you say, probably comes from using the same tactics always.
No doubt he's spent a ton of money, and there have been flops on their transfers. But I think people underestimate the need for changes in that team when he took over.

No doubt he's spent a ton of money, and there have been flops on their transfers. But I think people underestimate the need for changes in that team when he took over.

He's spent £900M on team that was already competing for top 4 and included Sterling, Aquero, KDB, Kompany, Fernandinho, Sane & David Silva (he still has 6 players at least from his original inherited squad)

You have to do the job, but does anyone think we would have done any worse (with almost any decent level manager) if we spent £900M on players? while keeping 6 of the squad that got us to top 4?

You can't say he's failed due to the domestic success, but when you spend the money they have, you must win the CL.

He's spent £900M on team that was already competing for top 4 and included Sterling, Aquero, KDB, Kompany, Fernandinho, Sane & David Silva (he still has 6 players at least from his original inherited squad)

You have to do the job, but does anyone think we would have done any worse (with almost any decent level manager) if we spent £900M on players? while keeping 6 of the squad that got us to top 4?

You can't say he's failed due to the domestic success, but when you spend the money they have, you must win the CL.

I definitely see your point, and yeah he's spent a lot. Sane was signed by Guardiola. Sterling didn't look that good for City pre Guardiola iirc. Their stars were very much in a downwards trajectory. Fernandinho perhaps the exception.

I'd even argue that most of their higher profile signings have been successful.

No doubt having the most expensive squad around speaks for itself. Success and the biggest trophies is the only standard. They've underperformed a bit in the CL, that I see as a valid criticism. But in the league they've very much performed during a massive (and definitely expensive) squad overhaul. I'm not sure everyone else would be as successful, not that many points of comparison ultimately at that level of spending. Though other big spending clubs seem to churn through managers at a good rate because of a lack of consistency of results. Pep has delibered enough in the league to be one of the safest managers around.

I definitely see your point, and yeah he's spent a lot. Sane was signed by Guardiola. Sterling didn't look that good for City pre Guardiola iirc. Their stars were very much in a downwards trajectory. Fernandinho perhaps the exception.

No doubt having the most expensive squad around speaks for itself. Success and the biggest trophies is the only standard. They've underperformed a bit in the CL, that I see as a valid criticism. But in the league they've very much performed during a massive (and definitely expensive) squad overhaul. I'm not sure everyone else would be as successful, not that many points of comparison ultimately at that level of spending. Though other big spending clubs seem to churn through managers at a good rate because of a lack of consistency of results. Pep has delibered enough in the league to be one of the safest managers around.

Not successful (8) -> Mendy (£50M), Danilo (£30M), Bravo (£16M for a 33 year old keeper), Angelino (£11M), Ake (£40M), Nolito (£16M), Steffen (£6M), Torres (£20M)

Without even considering Jesus, Sane, Stones, Mahrez, etc, his hit ratio is pretty much in the 50% range, not particularly amazing when you can buy anyone you want

The good he's done is they tend to play attractive football in their success, but again (not matter how "unfair" people think it is), it's pretty much minimum fudging bar for the spend

The CL final was one, wasn't it? No holding midfielders or something. He does seem to want to play as many attacking midfielders as possible.

Its not a squad overhaul though is it, not when your second 11 would get into 9/10s of every other clubs first 11.
Thats not building a squad, thats buying two teams.
Should harry end up at city and they don't win the PL, CL and at least one domestic cup its a failure.

Back