• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Today I've been listening to experts on podcasts say that Ben Mendy cannot defend and needs to be replaced, that Ake is a poor defender and needs to be replaced, that Fernandinho is past it and needs to be replaced, that Rhodri doesn't have the athleticism to replace Fernahdinho, that Jesus isn't good enough and needs to be replaced... seems like City have got a million problem areas the poor, poor dears.

It is amazing how £200m of shiny new signings are seen as some incredible unbeatably huge saviour of the world and then a year later people realise they really aren't all that and they can be outplayed by some 20 year old local lads.

It’s what happens when you have a manager that does zero scouting on a player because there’s always another 200 million to spend next window.

How many players has he signed that became first solid first 11 players?

Walker/Dias/Ederson/Gundogan?

It always seemed the main core of the success was already at the club

The same pundits trotting out, "yeah, but city aren't at full strength, no kdb, no foden, walker or stones (ha ha).", but ignoring we weren't at full strength either.

I think they are no where near as good a team without Kevin de Bruyne, Foden and Silva. It was a massive error not playing Silva and believing doubling up on the left with Sterling and Grealish was going to win the game. Pep wont change even when its not working which is a massive flaw in his management.

I think they are no where near as good a team without Kevin de Bruyne, Foden and Silva. It was a massive error not playing Silva and believing doubling up on the left with Sterling and Grealish was going to win the game. Pep wont change even when its not working which is a massive flaw in his management.
Kdb is a fantastic player and any team would miss him, foden is shaping up to be the same.

But you are correct, pep is not for changing, doesn't matter how bad its looking, he will not change. It would mean he was wrong, and i don't think pep can accept that he can be wrong. It will be his downfall.

Silva is so under rated in their team
For me he is an outstanding player
Works super hard but so good with the ball
Would be great for us in midfield

Bernardo Silva always looks better when KDB isn’t there. The second to last time they won the league De Bruyne was out the almost whole season and Silva was incredible in a deeper central role. Modric-like.

Meanwhile, Sky's reporting on this still seems either wide of the mark or deliberately misleading given it was widely reported that Kane trained with the team from Thurs last week.

No it’s since been said that Kane didn’t train with the team Thursday and Friday because the team were focusing on tactics and Kane was doing his own fitness training - he was at the training ground, but not training with the rest of the team….

What I love about this Kane situation is how it’s United the fans again

I think it's united his teammates as well (against him)

I don't think there is sympathy for him from the other players at the club, and the effort they put it (part must be Nuno) seemed a bit "we don't need you"

No we now use their growing desperation to our advantage and make them pay for their pathetic shenanigans.

The price was £160m but is now £175m. First £160m in one immediate payment and final £15m in guaranteed add-ons payable within 12 months.

If the above isn’t met within 5 days then the barometers shift again, with the price becoming a world record £199m. First £175m in one immediate payment and final £24m in guaranteed add-ons payable within 12 months.
It doesn't really matter whether any payment from Emirates Marketing Project is immediate or spread over a few seasons as we could borrow against that guaranteed revenue at very low interest rates anyway. Would be stupid to die in a ditch over that. We also structure our own transfer deals across multiple seasons so receiving money in each of the next (say) 2 or 3 years would be no problem at all.

For tax purposes it would probably actually be better for us to sell Kane for (e.g) a £50m loan with a £100m obligation. This would avoid us having to Bank a huge profit this year (as Kane is valued at zero due to coming through the youth team) and save us wasting a bunch of money in corporation tax payments (we have wasted far too much money paying corporation tax in the last decade)

These fudging guys missed their calling, they should have been comedians not running a football club

Report: Emirates Marketing Project set to send 2022 Harry Kane transfer warning to Levy - Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News (spurs-web.com)

The Daily Mail have revealed that Emirates Marketing Project are set to warn Tottenham Hotspur they are unlikely to return for Harry Kane next summer should they not be able to get a deal for the striker over the line before the end of the month

It’s what happens when you have a manager that does zero scouting on a player because there’s always another 200 million to spend next window.

How many players has he signed that became first solid first 11 players?

Walker/Dias/Ederson/Gundogan?

It always seemed the main core of the success was already at the club
All of them except Aguero?!?

These fudging guys missed their calling, they should have been comedians not running a football club

Report: Emirates Marketing Project set to send 2022 Harry Kane transfer warning to Levy - Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News (spurs-web.com)

The Daily Mail have revealed that Emirates Marketing Project are set to warn Tottenham Hotspur they are unlikely to return for Harry Kane next summer should they not be able to get a deal for the striker over the line before the end of the month
Good...fudge off then.

Back