• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Lets see how many who were involved til the final start this weekend. Saka is on the bench for Arse**l. Sterling only started training this week
Martinelli played in the Olympics final and started for Arsenal. The Olympics were after the Euros.

I get what you're saying I think, a late return, not fit to start the first game, take time to get back to fitness. That's all fine.

But two if returning to team training two days before our league opener was the plan why wasn't that just made public?

As I've said all along in this saga, Kane isn't giving the full info and neither is the club - example of which is Nuno's comments yesterday about the club not being confused, only the media being confused..and similar with Kane's waffley, vague tweet a week or so ago.

Why wasnt the truth made public? Don't know...one possibility is that there is a verbal agreement that he could leave for a given price before a given date but also an agreement that they wouldnt make that price or date public. One possibility is the one which most on here assume (ie Kane is 100% in the wrong on this). I dont have the answers but there is a void in the information

Martinelli played in the Olympics final and started for Arsenal. The Olympics were after the Euros.

Arguably its easier to move from the Olympics final on Sat 7th and then straight into training, rather than those who played in the final of the Euros (not just Kane, but players at other clubs too) who had a gap. There also wasnt much of a gap between last season and the Euro prep games so I dont blame Kane, Sterling, Saka for having a break after the Euros final

One thing that also irritates me - Spurs have been insulted by some ex-players, some fans and some media houses for refusing to let Kane go at 100m. They portray Kane as a saint with Spurs and Levy as the evil prisoner of England's captain. That we are destroying his future. Kane is riding this wave as his short sighted view sees it as helping his desire to move to City. I personally can't accept that Kane who must surely realise we spent more than planned on the stadium - is pushing for us to lose 30 to 50m pounds. What gets me more irritated are Spurs fans who want this as well.

Arguably its easier to move from the Olympics final on Sat 7th and then straight into training, rather than those who played in the final of the Euros (not just Kane, but players at other clubs too) who had a gap. There also wasnt much of a gap between last season and the Euro prep games so I dont blame Kane, Sterling, Saka for having a break after the Euros final

How is it arguable? The Olympics were held in Japan. There was also the Copa. Some players took part in the Premier League, then the Copa and the Olympics. They are back in training. The key thing here is back in training. The decision to take leave surely cannot be up to the player alone. It should be agreed with the club.

The club has rightfully decided not to talk on this in their attempts to leave them open to any strategy to resolve this be it by selling or keeping Kane.

I wonder if Keown is a fair representative of what a lot of players are thinking about this. I really hope not, Jordan runs rings round him here.
And it's nice that Guardiola has advised Keown both of the fee that Levy wants for Kane and that he has advised Kane to take a longer break than everyone else.
Well said Simon Jordan. Brilliant. Gone up another notch in my estimation

How is it arguable? The Olympics were held in Japan. There was also the Copa. Some players took part in the Premier League, then the Copa and the Olympics. They are back on training. The key thing here is back in training. The decision to take leave surely cannot be up to the player alone. It should be agreed with the club.

The club has rightfully decided not to talk on this in their attempts to leave them open to any strategy to resolve this be it by selling or keeping Kane.

People playing in the Olympics had time for a break after the season. Those playing in the Euros didnt. Kane isnt alone in coming back to training only a week before the first PL game. Maybe they're all lazy

You seem to have decided that Kane is 100% in the wrong on this. Up to you. I think he was in the wrong when doing the Neville interview (esp the timing of it) but I'd like to understand the gap in info from the last two weeks before getting to the position which you take.

I've never been bothered whether he stays this summer or not as have always said that if we spend £150m remotely well, we'll be stronger after selling him

People playing in the Olympics had time for a break after the season. Those playing in the Euros didnt. Kane isnt along in coming back to training only a week before the first PL game

You seem to have decided that Kane is 100% in the wrong on this. Up to you. I think he was in the wrong when doing the Neville interview (esp the timing of it) but I'd like to understand the gap in info from the last two weeks before getting to the position which you take.

I've never been bothered whether he stays this summer or not as have always said that if we spend £150m remotely well, we'll be stronger after selling him

Richarlison didn't have a break. He played in Copa America (runners up to Argentina) and in the Olympics (gold). He is available to be in the starting lineup for Everton.

I have watched Kane's actions not his words. From his actions, he is not in the right. From the attempts to shortchange Spurs - a player coming out to state that the club should accept 100m for him or is it his delayed return to training when his colleagues are back - it is clear that there is something wrong there.

It is your choice how you perceive Kane. For me it is clear from his actions that he is acting in his own best interests without proper and due consideration for the club and fans. There is nothing wrong with that. He should be honest about it. E.g. He doesn't want to lose money by filling in a transfer request yet he wants Spurs to lose money by accepting a lower bid for him.

Will be interesting to see who out of the following will play this weekend Pickford, Shaw, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Trippier, Rice, Phillips, Mount, Sterling, Saka and Sancho. I reckon they will all feature ? Rashford and Foden are injured.

I wonder if Keown is a fair representative of what a lot of players are thinking about this. I really hope not, Jordan runs rings round him here.
And it's nice that Guardiola has advised Keown both of the fee that Levy wants for Kane and that he has advised Kane to take a longer break than everyone else.
Keown is as stupid as he looks! His argument seems to be Kane should be able to do what he wants because he’s a good player.
Jordan made the salient points, he’s a professional, he’s created the circus that may well be distracting him from doing his job and requiring the extra holiday Neanderthal man is suggesting by not being open about what he wants and his contractual obligation means we hold the right to choose his price. The point about the transfer request is one I’m interested in, if he wants to leave so badly he will return late, not train and not play why does he think the fans will hold little value on him not making it or would the club not insist he makes the request to deprive him of any loyalty bonus?

Keown is as stupid as he looks! His argument seems to be Kane should be able to do what he wants because he’s a good player.
Jordan made the salient points, he’s a professional, he’s created the circus that may well be distracting him from doing his job and requiring the extra holiday Neanderthal man is suggesting by not being open about what he wants and his contractual obligation means we hold the right to choose his price. The point about the transfer request is one I’m interested in, if he wants to leave so badly he will return late, not train and not play why does he think the fans will hold little value on him not making it or would the club not insist he makes the request to deprive him of any loyalty bonus?
What gets me is that Keown suggests that Kane is following the orders of Guardiola and City. I couldn't get that an adult with any iota of intelligence doesn't realise he is worsening the case for Kane. If indeed Kane is doing this then I would be shocked even with the level of idiocy I have seen now. City have shown no true desire that they want him. He is in my opinion sabotaging Spurs chance of a good start.

Jordan - hats off well done

Keown - embarrassing himself. Where’s his 125m figure come from? Is he actually serious about Pep telling Kane he can have an extra week off, hahahaha?! What a plank!

This is all resting on Levy's shoulders. He, and really only he, has the power here.

I would not start him. For fitness reasons only.

Harry Kane will not start on Sunday for the following:

fitness.
Mind isn’t right.
Nuno wouldn’t reward his actions with starting berth.

the front three will be son, bergy and moura.

I personally do not want Kane to start, more than happy to bring him on with a few minutes remaining if we have a slender lead.

Back