• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Hasn't he fudged off yet? I'm bored and want 160 mil's worth of shiny new toys!

Honestly though I think it's best for the club that he goes, but not for less than we want.
This squad refresh won't feel right with our most influential player not having his heart 400% at the club, I don't doubt that if Harry stayed he'd be the consumate professional but it's not good for the spirit of the squad or what will almost certainly be a negative reaction at The Lane from some sections.

Interpret it as you wish:

https://www.football.london/tottenh...sults/nuno-espirito-santo-harry-kane-21301628

Confusion over Harry Kane return? His statement etc? The truth?

I think there's no confusion at all. Harry had to submit himself to the protocols of the quarantine. He had to be in isolation. He did it here at The Lodge. There's a long period he had to be by himself. It's not easy at all. Then he produced a negative test and he joined the group.

The confusion over his return on the first Monday, I mean?

That is your confusion. It's not our confusion.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...sults/nuno-espirito-santo-harry-kane-21301628

I think there's no confusion at all. Harry had to submit himself to the protocols of the quarantine. He had to be in isolation. He did it here at The Lodge. There's a long period he had to be by himself. It's not easy at all. Then he produced a negative test and he joined the group.

I like this one, made me laugh...

Do you expect Harry Kane to be a Tottenham player at the end of the transfer window?

He's here with us, he's here with us. He's a Tottenham player. He's here with us.

NES with a suggested chant? Sorry but don't think it'll catch on. Over here on GG we'd politely direct you to the coat rack by the door and the taxi rank just outside :D

“I don't have any concerns on trying to convince players to play for Tottenham. It's such a huge club, it's such a fantastic club that we should be proud of being here.”

No idea who Nuno is referring to here…

“I don't have any concerns on trying to convince players to play for Tottenham. It's such a huge club, it's such a fantastic club that we should be proud of being here.”

No idea who Nuno is referring to here…

Who asked and what was the question?

Context helps.

I know what you're suggesting. That perhaps there was an agreement with Kane about his return date, as implied by Kane himself in the statement. So there's no confusion.

However consider an alternative scenario where everyone including the reporting is correct. He is due to return on Monday, he calls up the club the week before to say that he's extending his holiday and will fly back on the weekend and return to training the following week. Everything lines up. His no show at training, his fine. Even his statement is correct regarding his planned return. Also in his mind he hasn't 'refused' to train either. A bit like calling the office and saying i won't be in this week i'll be back in next week. I don't really consider this 'refusing' to work. They might dock me a weeks wages and that's perfectly within their right. In fact Kane probably believes he did the professional thing by informing the club of his actions.

In that scenario above everyone is aware of the situation and as NES says, there's no confusion from the club's perspective. I'm not ready to let him off the hook yet, in the end he's engineered this situation we're in.

I know what you're suggesting. That perhaps there was an agreement with Kane about his return date, as implied by Kane himself in the statement. So there's no confusion.

I'm not actually suggesting that! I just continue to think that there's some material facts here which aren't known publicly and hence why Kane (his comment about the delay being 'planned') and Nuno's comments above are both vague without answering the question and clearing up facts!

I dont know what the truth is, but just think that the reaction that a lot have had on here assumes one end of the spectrum (i.e. all Kane's fault and he should burn in hell) is possibly a little knee-jerk. Those views could be entirely right, but the more the vagueness continues, the more it feels to me that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, potentially an agreement between club/player that he could leave provided it was before a given date

I'm not actually suggesting that! I just continue to think that there's some material facts here which aren't known publicly and hence why Kane (his comment about the delay being 'planned') and Nuno's comments above are both vague without answering the question and clearing up facts!

I dont know what the truth is, but just think that the reaction that a lot have had on here assumes one end of the spectrum (i.e. all Kane's fault and he should burn in hell) is possibly a little knee-jerk. Those views could be entirely right, but the more the vagueness continues, the more it feels to me that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, potentially an agreement between club/player that he could leave provided it was before a given date
Got it. I see what you’re saying. Apologies for misunderstanding you

Back