• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I like this one, made me laugh...

Do you expect Harry Kane to be a Tottenham player at the end of the transfer window?

He's here with us, he's here with us. He's a Tottenham player. He's here with us.

NES with a suggested chant? Sorry but don't think it'll catch on. Over here on GG we'd politely direct you to the coat rack by the door and the taxi rank just outside :D
I think its brilliant! Would be hilarious if we sing it on Sunday!

I'm not actually suggesting that! I just continue to think that there's some material facts here which aren't known publicly and hence why Kane (his comment about the delay being 'planned') and Nuno's comments above are both vague without answering the question and clearing up facts!

I dont know what the truth is, but just think that the reaction that a lot have had on here assumes one end of the spectrum (i.e. all Kane's fault and he should burn in hell) is possibly a little knee-jerk. Those views could be entirely right, but the more the vagueness continues, the more it feels to me that the truth lies somewhere in the middle, potentially an agreement between club/player that he could leave provided it was before a given date
There are certainly facts that aren't known to the outside, there always are.

I think the vagueness is exactly what should be expected if what has happened is what's been reported repeatedly by credible sources. Wouldn't expect Kane to come out and take all the blame, would expect vague answers. Certainly wouldn't expect NES to do anything other than deflect and be vague.

Two days before the season starts. Kane is just now back training with the team. This was the plan? Tons of players were at the Euros or Copa and have been back in time to at least get a week of training before the season starts.

No word from the club saying that this was the plan. Would have been the easiest statement to make if that was the case.

Something happened, most likely what's been reported. If not, something similar.

Reactions: DTA
I’m beginning to think that sticking to our £150m or shove it policy, whilst noble, may need to be revised

If we use grealish as a yardstick, there’s obviously a premium on top of the 100m because Kane is worth more in terms of assists and goals plus England captain but minus his age and injury record which I suspect is worse than grealish (tho I don’t know so someone may correct me)

But Kane has obviously kicked up a stink and that does lower his price, whether we like it or not - something grealish didn’t do. All this talk of shoving him in the reserves is lovely but not practical

I think if we can get £120m plus various add ons then we can all move on and it doesn’t threaten to derail the start of the season

I’m sure people will argue this means Kane ‘wins’ but so what if it means it’s over and we can move on

I’m beginning to think that sticking to our £150m or shove it policy, whilst noble, may need to be revised

If we use grealish as a yardstick, there’s obviously a premium on top of the 100m because Kane is worth more in terms of assists and goals plus England captain but minus his age and injury record which I suspect is worse than grealish (tho I don’t know so someone may correct me)

But Kane has obviously kicked up a stink and that does lower his price, whether we like it or not - something grealish didn’t do. All this talk of shoving him in the reserves is lovely but not practical

I think if we can get £120m plus various add ons then we can all move on and it doesn’t threaten to derail the start of the season

I’m sure people will argue this means Kane ‘wins’ but so what if it means it’s over and we can move on

But it wouldn't be over. Every player going forward will kick up a stink. We'd have to lower our prices on all of them. How much would that cost?

We get the price we want or he stays. We've always got good prices before. Carrick, modric, walker, bale, berbatov. Levy knows what he's doing.

Ha ha. Clicked on that link to the annual Zaha wantaway story in the Express. The usual alarmist gonad*s: "Yet it appears Paratici is open to the idea of adding some more quality out wide if reports are to be believed."

But below that is a link to another story:
Harry Kane's camp 'not ruling out new Tottenham contract' amid Emirates Marketing Project transfer saga

And who might their source be for such a bold proclamation? None other than gonad*s peddler Ally Gold, who states: ""There's little bits of noises coming out from his camp not to entirely rule out a new contract for him."

Ahhhh. "...little bits of noises...". That's what our man Gold relies on. More likely last evening's takeaway backing up in his system.

Ha ha. Clicked on that link to the annual Zaha wantaway story in the Express. The usual alarmist gonad*s: "Yet it appears Paratici is open to the idea of adding some more quality out wide if reports are to be believed."

But below that is a link to another story:
Harry Kane's camp 'not ruling out new Tottenham contract' amid Emirates Marketing Project transfer saga

And who might their source be for such a bold proclamation? None other than gonad*s peddler Ally Gold, who states: ""There's little bits of noises coming out from his camp not to entirely rule out a new contract for him."

Ahhhh. "...little bits of noises...". That's what our man Gold relies on. More likely last evening's takeaway backing up in his system.

Why even bother linking them?

I would love Harry MrBigEgo to be made to sit on the bench on Sunday. But given the strength of feeling amongst some of the supporters I think it best for the team if he just keeps well away. We are going to have a hard enough task and dont need any distractions. He didnt look fit in the Euros, if we dont flog him then it will take more than a few day for him to get match ready. Of course the media will have a field day, saying that he's been dropped, etc... but truth is he is unfit and is carrying a bad smell at the moment. I expect another not ready to be in the team at this moment comment from Nuno.

But it wouldn't be over. Every player going forward will kick up a stink. We'd have to lower our prices on all of them. How much would that cost?

We get the price we want or he stays. We've always got good prices before. Carrick, modric, walker, bale, berbatov. Levy knows what he's doing.

As far as I’m aware, we’ve never come out and quoted a figure, it’s all been speculation in the press so we have no idea what price we want. So it wouldn’t really matter if we did accept £120m

And players kicking up a fuss is, thankfully, pretty rare

But I totally agree with levy knowing what he’s doing, he gets plenty of bashing on here but I wouldn’t swap him for any other chairmen, especially in these situations

As far as I’m aware, we’ve never come out and quoted a figure, it’s all been speculation in the press so we have no idea what price we want. So it wouldn’t really matter if we did accept £120m

And players kicking up a fuss is, thankfully, pretty rare

But I totally agree with levy knowing what he’s doing, he gets plenty of bashing on here but I wouldn’t swap him for any other chairmen, especially in these situations

You were the one quoting the £150m price tag and saying sticking to it would be a mistake.

I don't know what price levy has. But so far it hasn't been met (as far as we know).

I know what you're suggesting. That perhaps there was an agreement with Kane about his return date, as implied by Kane himself in the statement. So there's no confusion.

However consider an alternative scenario where everyone including the reporting is correct. He is due to return on Monday, he calls up the club the week before to say that he's extending his holiday and will fly back on the weekend and return to training the following week. Everything lines up. His no show at training, his fine. Even his statement is correct regarding his planned return. Also in his mind he hasn't 'refused' to train either. A bit like calling the office and saying i won't be in this week i'll be back in next week. I don't really consider this 'refusing' to work. They might dock me a weeks wages and that's perfectly within their right. In fact Kane probably believes he did the professional thing by informing the club of his actions.

In that scenario above everyone is aware of the situation and as NES says, there's no confusion from the club's perspective. I'm not ready to let him off the hook yet, in the end he's engineered this situation we're in.

Not impossible but that's still downright unprofessional and dis-respectful. Saying I'll be in a week later is far different for a footballer than an office worker and knowing you have 5 days isolation after and won't be available till the season starts doesn't sit right.

This is all resting on Levy's shoulders. He, and really only he, has the power here.

I would not start him. For fitness reasons only.

I don’t think I’d be in any haste to write off £30M
for a player who hasn’t even put in a Transfer request.

And I wouldn’t pick today and I would keep him well away from the team.

Lets see how many who were involved til the final start this weekend. Saka is on the bench for Arse**l. Sterling only started training this week
I get what you're saying I think, a late return, not fit to start the first game, take time to get back to fitness. That's all fine.

But two if returning to team training two days before our league opener was the plan why wasn't that just made public?

Back