• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I'll forgive Harry any day of the week. Charlie, though...

If and when this debacle comes to an end, we should all sit up an take notes about how we respond to the press and their inevietable spin on the matters.

I think my stance from now on will have to be total ignorance untill posted on the official site. Both in and out-going transfers.
I'll showe my fingers so hard into my ears they meet up in the middle, and humm "lalalalala" untill the transfer window goes shut, and sum it up then!

What about what the player says?
Thats my gripe, the neville interview.
His words, from his mouth, no twisting from the press.

Nah. He wants premier league. Not joining Bayern. My bet is it'll be United. City want Kane, and will probably get him this year or next summer, Cheatski have just spent 100m on Lukaku. Barca and Real Madrid are skint, Bayern won't afford the wages rumours has it he'd demand. Only United left, who need a top striker when Cavani's contract expires next summer. Also, Solakjær know Haaland and was the one that made him a star in the first place.

Wonder what his Dad would make of a move to United.

Pay bump, extension plus reasonable release clause (with a date it needs to be activated by)

Could work for both parties

How would that impact morale though? It looked like three players had a cut off Harry on social media (Dier, Son and Sessegnon). Apparently Winks can’t stand Harry either. Then they’d watch him get rewarded for his behaviour? I know this is business and “all will be forgiven if he bangs in goals” but I wouldn’t be impressed if I’m one of those lads. They’re only human.

Give him a new contract to stay for a year extra and then leave on a release clause.

Might as well just keep him to the contract he willingly signed.

As well, since the release clause won't be able to be activated til next summer I think he is fudging himself over again. Mbappe and Haaland will be available. Chances are he'll be here for life.
Not quite.... With two years left on his deal his value will drop (especially towards the end of next Summer's window). A new deal with an extra year and a release clause of (say) £120m that can be triggered in a summer window from June 2022 onwards that expires on (say) 1st August each summer would protect everyone to a decent degree.

if he does stay, and sign a new contract, it is quite possible to regard this as his "Stevie Gerrard-moment", where he almost went to Chelsea but decided against it at the last hurdle.

With the team we're building it is quite possible to imagine a few other "Gerrard-moments", lifting silverware. (just stay away from the slip...)

If Kane ends up with a wage hike and a release clause in the contract then you'd have to say that his agent has actually done a good job I think.
After doing a very bad job.

It'll be us dictating the terms, obviously we'd like to keep him happy if he's staying on for another year and it just clarifies the picture next summer.

I'll forgive Harry any day of the week. Charlie, though...

If and when this debacle comes to an end, we should all sit up an take notes about how we respond to the press and their inevietable spin on the matters.

I think my stance from now on will have to be total ignorance untill posted on the official site. Both in and out-going transfers.
I'll showe my fingers so hard into my ears they meet up in the middle, and humm "lalalalala" untill the transfer window goes shut, and sum it up then!

Not sure why people are willing to let Harry off the hook when he is the one who has failed to turn up to training for a week. Charlie may have instructed/advised him to do it but Harry is a 28 year old man and doesn’t have to do what his gimp brother advises him to do. He could have easily turned round and said I’m not gonna do that.

If Kane ends up with a wage hike and a release clause in the contract then you'd have to say that his agent has actually done a good job I think.
He won't get a release clause for less than we want to sell him for, so there's no real difference - we'd probably be selling him next summer anyway. All it does is set a price below which we can't be forced to go - that's as much a benefit to us.

Given that Kane seems to sign a new contract with us every 5 minutes, I don't see that there's much of a difference in giving him a pay rise either.

Not sure why people are willing to let Harry off the hook when he is the one who has failed to turn up to training for a week

But we dont know that for certain do we? The club has stayed quiet on the premise that he was meant to be back at the start of that week. All we know is that Sky reported that he hadnt turned up....but that is Sky's version, not the club's.

I dont know what the truth is...I guess it'll come out over time. Its very odd that the club haven't leaked to journos that Kane has been fined a week or two wages

Back